Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seflow deleted my inactive account
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seflow deleted my inactive account

Rocky1015Rocky1015 Member
edited January 2018 in General

I opened an account in seflow in Dec,2017 and add 10USD in the account.

Image removed, OP posted home address by accident

Later i ordered two servers which cost about 5USD (2.49 each).
Yestersday i found that my account was deleted and i opened a support ticket.However Seflow only tell me that there is no funds left in the account.

Comments

• @matteob

Your side, please Sir.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Hope everyone not use this anymore

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Why would one delete an accout in Hostbill ? It makes no sense.

Contrary to WHMCS, Hostbill has following statuses and behaviours assigned to them.

Active - is the standard one

Closing - allows the Customer to login and see tickets and existing services but no new order is accepted

Closed - Customer can’t login but all details are still accessible to the staff. Invoices aren’t removed, Customer data can still be stored for compliance etc.

Thanked by 2mfs gestiondbi
  • WHTWHT Member

Sometimes FBI deletes accounts also o_O

Thanked by 1steny
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

on your own screenshot:

Paid €0.00
    Left to pay: €10.30

Where is the proof of payment?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    on your own screenshot:

Paid €0.00
    Left to pay: €10.30

Where is the proof of payment?

+1

It is no payment confirmation.

• Oh, it's another customer from China. Why are so many trying to cheat or don't pay bills?

Thanked by 1Xei
  • Dear LowEndTalk community,
    thank you for mentioning us. Matteo will not be avaiable anymore because is moved on IP Transit services.

@Clouvider @WHT Rocky1015 is a very important customer for us and our first focus is security. If we find an account without active service or funds we will cancel it for security purposes. An abandoned account can cause leaks and sensitive data can be stolen.

@Rocky1015 I checked your balance with our financial team and I confirm that you had 0.04€. When an inactive account has balance below < 0.1 € we consider it without credit. I understand that 0.04€ are your money and please contact me at [email protected] and I will start the refund process. Refund is not possible in our TOS, but we can do an exception for you. We will refund you 0.1€ because 0.04€ is not possible.

I will wait for your email, I will take care your case to see your money fully refunded.

Thank you for being our customer and I hope to see you again very soon.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2018

SeFlow_Ele said: I checked your balance with our financial team and I confirm that you had 0.04€.

So which of these is false, that he "paid 10 EUR" or "ordered 2x2.49 servers (and nothing more) for a month"? Or both?

drivex said: Oh, it's another customer from China.

Oh, it's another white supremacy racist. Quite a lot of you around these days it seems.

drivex said: Why are so many trying to cheat or don't pay bills?

Why so many of you try to jump to conclusions just based on people's nationality?

Thanked by 1psb777

SeFlow_Ele said: @Clouvider @WHT Rocky1015 is a very important customer for us and our first focus is security. If we find an account without active service or funds we will cancel it for security purposes. An abandoned account can cause leaks and sensitive data can be stolen.

I don't believe this is the case here based on the information provided by the OP, unless you disagree with the OP ? Though you don't seem to as per your post.

• Wow. Looks like seflow hired Katie 's sister/brother.

Very professional... Finally.

vimalware said: sister

Don't start about sisters.

• @vimalware said:
    Wow. Looks like seflow hired Katie 's sister/brother.

Very professional... Finally.

Katie's sister/brother hahahahaha i like.

• @rm_ said:

SeFlow_Ele said: I checked your balance with our financial team and I confirm that you had 0.04€.

So which of these is false, that he "paid 10 EUR" or "ordered 2x2.49 servers (and nothing more) for a month"? Or both?

Oh, it's another white supremacy racist. Quite a lot of you around these days it seems.

Why so many of you try to jump to conclusions just based on people's nationality?

Because they are noble, we are humble

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Dear @rm_ Customer had 2 2,49€ VM that was renewed one time for total 9.96€ due.

@Clouvider but customer's data still on web-accessible panel. We have an offline invoicing system and all information are stored offline.

@SeFlow_Ele said:
    @Clouvider but customer's data still on web-accessible panel. We have an offline invoicing system and all information are stored offline.

It's not what I asked.

• WHTWHT Member

Why the heck an account with 0.04€ must be deleted? What kind of security issues can that balance make?

Theoretically, if one is breached or has a rogue employee the data could be dumped.

The point the OP is trying to make I think, and I try to follow up on but failing, is that the account was not inactive.

• Rocky1015 said: add 10USD in the account.

Pro forma invoices are commonly used as preliminary invoices with a quotation. They differ from a normal invoice in not being a demand or request for payment.

tl;dr - Not valid proof of payment nor proof of any debt existing.

Rocky1015 said: Later i ordered two servers which cost about 5USD (2.49 each)

Nope, you managed to attach all of these screenshots yet conveniently left out your VPS invoices?

Clouvider said: Why would one delete an accout in Hostbill ? It makes no sense.

I was going to go on a rant about database security, but that pro forma invoice is from merely a month ago - this is weird.

Why the heck an account with 0.04€ must be deleted? What kind of security issues can that balance make?

Quite a few reason to disable/remove accounts from a live database. Most likely is that the account is verified, so an attacker could take over the account & use a stolen CC on it.

Thanked by 1SeFlow_Ele
    edited January 2018

SeFlow_Ele said: Customer had 2 2,49€ VM that was renewed one time for total 9.96€ due.

Invoice in the OP is from December 23, 2017, so assuming it was paid (which you do not dispute), this should be enough to use those VMs for two months, with expiration on about February 23, 2018?

WHT said: Why the heck an account with 0.04€ must be deleted? What kind of security issues can that balance make?

As for deleting accounts, actually I support this, you hear about someone getting hacked all the time, it is better that all your personal data doesn't leak over some 0.04 EUR account you forgot you even had.

Thanked by 2Aidan lazyt
    edited January 2018

Aidan said: I was going to go on a rant about database security, but that pro forma invoice is from merely a month ago - this is weird.

Yeah, and according to the OP for the somewhat active account which is weird.

I get the periodical purge of abandoned accounts (both good practise and soon a requirement with GDPR) but it doesn't look like this justifies actions here.

• @Clouvider said: I get the periodical purge of abandoned accounts

Just to understand (provider's actions/perspective) : can I as a customer request a "deletion" of my customer data once I'm done with my service with the provider?

I've never done this at the various VPS providers I've used (some only to test/try out for a month or so and finding them unsuitable for a longer term) and I've always wondered what happens to my data sitting in their DBs. It would be (personally) very comforting to me to know that my data has been purged and can't be misused.

Thanked by 1SeFlow_Ele
  • @WHT said:

I think Hetzner too has a similar policy. If you dont have an active service the account gets disabled.

Thanked by 1SeFlow_Ele
  • @rm_ not if the customer asks for immediate cancellation after renewal due period.

@Clouvider account without any active service for us is considered inactive. Customer can sign-in again, it take just a few minutes, when will order new service. Security is very important for us, this is why when we ask ID we verify and cancel it and not store in any database. Customers that choose SeFlow need to feel relaxed that they data will not be stolen.

Thank you for understanding

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2018

@rm_ said:

SeFlow_Ele said: Customer had 2 2,49€ VM that was renewed one time for total 9.96€ due.

Invoice in the OP is from December 23, 2017, so assuming it was paid (which you do not dispute), this should be enough to use those VMs for two months, with expiration on about February 23, 2018?

wondering about that one too. maybe his VMs are still alive and just his billing account was closed after running out of credit?

seems a very short time frame, however one wants to put it. or we are still missing pieces...

PS: very much love the baiting title style

• @SeFlow_Ele said:
    @rm_ not if the customer asks for immediate cancellation after renewal due period.

@Clouvider account without any active service for us is considered inactive. Customer can sign-in again, it take just a few minutes, when will order new service. Security is very important for us, this is why when we ask ID we verify and cancel it and not store in any database. Customers that choose SeFlow need to feel relaxed that they data will not be stolen.

Thank you for understanding

This is really reasonable, but I think it would be better if you can point this out before their account get deleted

@nullnothere said:

@Clouvider said: I get the periodical purge of abandoned accounts

Just to understand (provider's actions/perspective) : can I as a customer request a "deletion" of my customer data once I'm done with my service with the provider?

I've never done this at the various VPS providers I've used (some only to test/try out for a month or so and finding them unsuitable for a longer term) and I've always wondered what happens to my data sitting in their DBs. It would be (personally) very comforting to me to know that my data has been purged and can't be misused.

Yes, and subject to certain conditions any EU provider will have to comply under EU-wide GDPR rules. Naturally, data will still be kept in the accounting systems for the compliance with local laws, etc, it's a complicated legislation.

Thanked by 2nullnothere lazyt
  • @rm_ said:

You are the real hero, as always. Glad you are not a hosting provider.

• As always, chinese user dump completely bs statement and never reply. Still, the drama manages to roll on :D

Thanked by 1Xei
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2018

Falzo said: maybe his VMs are still alive and just his billing account was closed after running out of credit?

SeFlow_Ele said: the customer asks for immediate cancellation after renewal due period.

It seems to me she's arguing OP asked for cancellation of the boxes after the renewal period.

It's the first time I hear that an account gets closed while VM cancellations are still pending to be honest

Then again, she references "account without any active services"...

EDIT: anyway, in this case I don't see how SeFlow has "cheated", unless OP wants to argue they tried to steal his 0.04 € (...)

Thanked by 1Falzo