Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is best free to use Control Panel for VPS.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which is best free to use Control Panel for VPS.

HitendraHitendra Member
edited September 2013 in General

Please share your views on Free VPS control Panel this help many people.
Kloxo,
ISPConfig,
VHCS,
OpenPanel,
Webmin & Virtualmin,

Comments

• I think that the best is zpanel, easy to use and very good just to host few websites in a vps

• zPanel, ISPConfig 3, Kloxo-MR

• For me, it's Virtualmin

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

zpanel had a bad reputation, maybe they improved it. From what I saw so far, kloxo and zpanel are used by most hacked sites.

• I've always used Webmin, works like a charm.

• Webmin/Virtualmin all the way.

• Webmin with Virtualmin

• agonyztagonyzt Member
    edited September 2013

My vote goes to ISPConfig. Tried all the panels OP mentioned, and even if the setup is not automated like the other options (which is a pro for me), it's also the most powerful in my opinion. It does everything a web hosting company would need, is easy to customize, offers full API support, is able control multiple servers with 1 panel, and the documentation is very well written...

Honorable mention to VestaCP also, but be ready to read a lot of Russian on their forums :P

• @Maounique said:
    zpanel had a bad reputation, maybe they improved it. From what I saw so far, kloxo and zpanel are used by most hacked sites.

zPanel is buggy by design. They've expressed refusal to fix major class's of vulnerabilities in the past that require a bit more effort than "if x ~= m/[/ {return 404;}", only adding patchwork fixes here and there.

On the other hand, ISPConfig is maintained by a professional business and well recommended, at least in the systems administration community.

Kloxo-MR seems to be a one man effort, but that one man is dedicated as far as I can tell by looking at Github logs. I'd imagine he'd be willing to push a vulnerability patch on a dime if someone reported it to him.

Webmin is not something you want to expose as a public service. If you access it via a VPN or SSH tunnel, that's fine. But exposing it as a shared hosting panel is a Bad Idea™.

• One more free CP can be added (Strictly for self/own purpose, since it's single A/C) Webuzo, its simple, clean and easy to use, specially for someone who don't want to buy a shared hosting plan and also have less knowledge/ not willing to take all controls in his/her hand.

• Webuzo takes the cake.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

best is kloxo

1 click to every thing

• zpanel is my favorite right now for sure

runs awesome on SSD drives.

• Kloxo-MR +1 for me, can configure stuff on it really easy and updated regularly now. Best easy to use panel I've found, prefer it to cpanel.

• Is there a tutorial that anyone can recommend to secure Webmin? or is it secure?

• i have used ajenti and it's good and looks clean.

• @doughnet said:
    zpanel is my favorite right now for sure

runs awesome on SSD drives.

Can you actually get php_mail to work in zPanel?

• @Hitendra said:
    Please share your views on Free VPS control Panel this help many people.
    Kloxo,
    ISPConfig,
    VHCS,
    OpenPanel,
    Webmin & Virtualmin,

VHCS is dead. Even their site full of malwares.

You may use: http://vestacp.com/ or, http://ajenti.org/ - Also KloxoMR is my choice.

• I personally like zPanel. I've used Kloxo but it lacks a nice design, if they could get a nice design I would prefer Kloxo a lot more. Also, Ajenti is good I used very briefly though.

• Me too.. personally like ZPanel over Kloxo or Kloxo-MR because easy to configure.
    And Zpanel support Debian & Ubuntu.

But seems less secure than Kloxo, so I set ZPanel to 127.0.0.1, so it can only be accessed from a browser via VNC only.

Actually I do not need a panel with many features, install panels just to make it easier to make a lot of email accounts for multiple domains. Once virtual mail, alias, and forwarding is sets, i don't touch ZPanel again, turn of Apache and manually install and configuring Nginx for setting up my website.

Previously I used Zimbra, but it seems too wasteful resource for small vps.

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited September 2013

@muj force ssl, keep it updated, limit webmin server to your IP, limit iptables webmin port to your IP, and move the webmin port higher

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @bdtech said:
    muj force ssl, keep it updated, limit webmin server to your IP, limit iptables webmin port to your IP, and move the webmin port higher

How would I limit iptables webmin port to your IP?
    Also do I really need to install config server?
    Is there a mod_security addon for webmin?

• @Rallias said:
    Webmin is not something you want to expose as a public service.

Why? I don't use it anymore, but I did for several years (webmin + the virtualmin module).

My impression is that the developers are very professional and security-conscious, and the webmin/virtualmin is a mature product.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • I'm echoing @sleddog 's sentiments. I've used Webmin for over 10 years and have never had an issue.

• EHCP is nice

• One more free CP can be added (Strictly for self/own purpose, since it's single A/C) Webuzo

is that free?

• Yes it's free with limited amount of scripts. Full license is $2.5 or €1.8 per month and includes all of the Softaculous scripts. See their website.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

VirtualMin +1

• @sleddog said:
    My impression is that the developers are very professional and security-conscious, and the webmin/virtualmin is a mature product.

The problem is, Ubuntu's support channel refuses to support it because it messes with shit in special ways. Quite frankly, if they refuse to do it for that reason, there's something more to the story that nobody really knows about, such as, I don't know, a massive security issue?