Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To buy a MacBook Pro or a Razer Stealth - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

To buy a MacBook Pro or a Razer Stealth

13»

Comments

• I've personally owned the razer stealth. Shit keyboard. That edge is horrible and caused major wrist issues within about a day of usage.

It was supposed to replace my surface book, instead it was replaced with a hp spectre x360.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited February 2018

@Lee said:

@hammer said:
    @Lee
    I agree. In fact if I didn't get the mac I would have gotten an Xps.
    Or something that is military grade.

There is really very little you can say negatively about the XPS, Dell found a great formula and have stuck with. However the customer service is shit :)

Not only the customer support -- you forgot the service tag driver system :p

It hurts me a lot to touch that thing.

• @trnj said:

@Nekki said:
    I’ve got a 2006 uni-body MacBook

Sir, Internet troll is a well-paid job in Russia. Also, you get new Macbook 2017.

OK, guy.

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

@MCHPhil said:
    razer stealth, surface book, hp spectre x360.

Why do you buy overpriced crap? HP...an old urban legend tells, never buy HP laptops, mice or other trash from this company.

HP...In Russian, we call it "Huli Plakat" = "F*ck, do not cry if you bought this garbage".

• @trnj said:

@MCHPhil said:
    razer stealth, surface book, hp spectre x360.

Why do you buy overpriced crap? HP...an old urban legend tells, never buy HP laptops, mice or other trash from this company.

HP...In Russian, we call it "Huli Plakat" = "F*ck, do not cry if you bought this garbage".

Cool story bro?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • 2018 Dell xps models looks nice with great battery life.

• @TheKiller said:
    2018 Dell xps models looks nice with great battery life.

I've always like dell machines. Support ~250 that are almost 12 years old. Not my choice.
    Most still had the OEM drives and RAM. 2 years ago, I did get to upgrade 80% to SSD and max RAM.

Honestly, only reason I went with these "trash" brands is because I needed something same day. My surface book, fresh from a warranty replacement, required another warranty replacement. I liked my surface book but never used the tablet mode. I use the HP in tent mode more.. :)

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

My current laptop is mobile workstation HP Zbook G3 17 (bought from HP at a discounted price, because they introduced G4).

Honestly, an average trash laptop, like everything from HP. They only invest in design and marketing. Will never buy HP again.

Next time will order Macbook or Lenovo P71.

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

-

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited February 2018

trnj said: My current laptop is mobile workstation HP Zbook G3 17 (bought from HP at a discounted price, because they introduced G4).

Honestly, an average trash laptop, like everything from HP. They only invest in design and marketing. Will never buy HP again.

Next time will order Macbook or Lenovo P71.

Says the guy trashing HP. Bought a $3k HP. I'd be pissed if I was that gullible also.

@trnj said:

@MCHPhil said:
    hp spectre x360.

PS. You need to upgrade BIOS and they will discharge your battery because it is dangerous. I am waiting for a new battery for about 1 month, they haven't shipped it yet.

https://batteryprogram687.ext.hp.com/

Not affected.

• trnjtrnj Member
    edited February 2018

@MCHPhil said:
    Says the guy trashing HP. Bought a $3k HP. I'd be pissed if I was that gullible also.

It was around 1000$, discounted model, G3, they replaced it with G4. Their servers are also the same trash. I have several HP servers with online.net (SSD is also from HP). After the year, I have some problems with SSD (became very slow), moving to samsung nvme.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2018

DO YOU KNOW DE SHENG WEI, BRUDDAH?

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited February 2018

@6ixth Get a Laptop/PC and used car instead.

• @Janevski said:
    @6ixth Get a Laptop/PC and used car instead.

That's very insightful :)

• @jarland said:
    A bit off topic but hey, if I can save someone somewhere a few hours of their life...

On that note new OEM computers can receive and will by default receive firmware updates via Windows update. Which of course will break the system in one way or another. Such as removing the system serial And model number from the bios (actual example).... You can and should disable this "feature" of windows automated firmware updates from bios

• mehargagsmehargags Member
    edited February 2018

[K4Y5 said]
    It was supposed to replace my surface book, instead it was replaced with a hp spectre x360.

I'm not a laptop user much... I have a Macbook Air 2013 model because I travel alot and it is easier / lighter to carry it. But I love HP spectre x360 that I bought for my brother last year... bang for buck!

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • sureiam said: On that note new OEM computers can receive and will by default receive firmware updates via Windows update. Which of course will break the system in one way or another. Such as removing the system serial And model number from the bios (actual example).... You can and should disable this "feature" of windows automated firmware updates from bios

Jesus, don't spread FUD. This isn't the norm or anywhere near close.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

jarland said: and the Apple trackpad spoils you with how great it is.

Words cannot describe how poor I find the Apple user experience. The trackpad is no different. I'm not fan of Apple, so my opinions may be bias, but I genuinely despise the Mac OS and find it completely unusable for anything productive.

My wife buys Apple products primarily for it's looks. She loves her iPad, iPhone, iPen and all thing "i". But she too regrets buying her Macbook.

I'd say it's just overpriced junk, but Apple's laptops tend to be some of the better value stuff they sell. They are not so much more expensive than other laptop brands, and the aluminium shell is indeed beautiful. But the OS is horrible and I would sooner use Windows 8 than any crap Apple have.

Looks great, but doesn't work (for me). I don't understand how some people can use it. Style over substance IMO.

• I've never enjoyed the apple trackpad either. I've also been known to use a thumb ball mouse?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2018

randvegeta said: but I genuinely despise the Mac OS and find it completely unusable for anything productive.

Yet everyone I know who has a mac will tell you it's because it increases productivity.

Every artist, coder (outside of .net) and so on all say the same thing, Windows is ok and can do all my mac does but the OS and mac only tools make the job better.

Just what works for you I guess.

• @MCHPhil said:
    I've never enjoyed the apple trackpad either. I've also been known to use a thumb ball mouse?

Hells yeah man, thumdball, trackballs all day long.

• I ended up with the Chinese alternative to the MacBook.

I'll be sure to leave a review here if it's dog shit when it eventually arrives.

• Apple's laptop are overpriced, especially the newer MacBook Pros. But the build quality is nice. Aluminum is just better than plastic.

But I'd never consider Windows over Mac OS. This is coming from a person who hates all the bugs in High Sierra and can't stand some of the crap, like Siri, they've added. But even with that Mac OS is still vastly better to use than Windows. For me. In my opinion.

• What kind of fucktard takes LTT as more than a paid commercial?

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @WSS said:
    What kind of fucktard takes LTT as more than a paid commercial?

The comment section of people saying it's brilliant and the numerous other videos on YT. LTT has always been very truthful about products, even if they are shit lmao.

• AidanAidan Member
    edited February 2018

6ixth said: LTT has always been very truthful about products, even if they are shit lmao.

LTT is nothing but an advertiser lately.

They did a "The Hottest Laptops Coming in 2018" video, which was re-uploaded & redacted to exclude AMD products - they can go screw themselves.