Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared.net - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared.net

15678911»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

VirtualByte said: Communication was very prompt and clear. Bummer that cpanel doesn't offer automated v6.

There was a blog post where they discussed wanting to improve how well v6 is supported in cPanel. I'm sure sooner or later it'll be a toggle to automagically assign an IPv6 address at account provision time.

Francisco

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2018

If the cost of mailchannels is non-trivial I'd prefer for it to be unbundled. I think most users don't send email from shared hosting so they shouldn't be made to pay for it. I know I don't want to.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Francisco said:

VirtualByte said: Communication was very prompt and clear. Bummer that cpanel doesn't offer automated v6.

There was a blog post where they discussed wanting to improve how well v6 is supported in cPanel. I'm sure sooner or later it'll be a toggle to automagically assign an IPv6 address at account provision time.

Francisco

I've been socat'ing v6 80 and 443 to my IP from a VM :'-)

willie said: If the cost of mailchannels is non-trivial I'd prefer it to be unbundled. I think most users don't send email from shared hosting so they shouldn't be made to pay for it. I know I wouldn't want to.

I've already said i'm in no rush to add mailchannels to the product line. It's hellishly expensive and if their webhooks don't trigger, a single popped user can blow through our limits in no time.

Francisco

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jiggawattz said:

Francisco said: since I didn't want to start drawing every kid in wanting to DDOS protect their garbage for $5/year

I recommend @MikePT for EU time order checking.

You, @MikePT , Val Raulet and Karen would make a fucking A-Team.

Hell yeah!!!

Thanked by 1jiggawatt

@Francisco said:

willie said: If the cost of mailchannels is non-trivial I'd prefer it to be unbundled. I think most users don't send email from shared hosting so they shouldn't be made to pay for it. I know I wouldn't want to.

I've already said i'm in no rush to add mailchannels to the product line. It's hellishly expensive and if their webhooks don't trigger, a single popped user can blow through our limits in no time.

Francisco

Feel free to pm me any time!

• @MikePT said:

@jiggawattz said:

Francisco said: since I didn't want to start drawing every kid in wanting to DDOS protect their garbage for $5/year

Hell yeah!!!

Except that MikePT is awake at 4AM instead of the regular EU time

Thanked by 2Aidan MikePT

@vovler said:

@MikePT said:

@jiggawattz said:

Hell yeah!!!

Except that MikePT is awake at 4AM instead of the regular EU time

Not when my sleeping schedule is regular. :p

• WSSWSS Member

@MikePT said:
    Not when my sleeping schedule is regular. :p

Done shitting your brains out?

• Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited August 2018

@Francisco I read in some thread that you added Nvme and a E5 to la-shared01, are they added to la-shared02 (reseller node) too? I was deciding to move from my host having E3 and HDD.

@Sofia_K said:
    @Francisco I read in some thread that you added Nvme and a E5 to la-shared01, are they added to la-shared02 (reseller node) too? I was deciding to move from my host having E3 and HDD.

All Vegas nodes are e5 processors with nvme :)

Lux is going to take a bit of time.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Waldo19 Sofia_K
  • imokimok Member

Isn't E3 better than E5 for shared hosting?

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

@imok said:

No because E3 supports one cpu only and has generally less cores than E5.

• @Shazan said:

@imok said:

No because E3 supports one cpu only and has generally less cores than E5.

The great debate, higher speed and less cores vs lower speed and more cores

Spencer said: The great debate, higher speed and less cores vs lower speed and more cores

It's not a debate at all.

Licensing is the same, no matter socket/core count. Between Litespeed/cPanel/Backups/Softaculous/etc you're well on your way to $70.00/month if you're not clever, meaning you're going to be making barely anything on E3's.

L5600/E5's you can actually turn a healthy profit on.

Besides, given how common it is for sites to get compromised, it'd be way too easy for a handful of crypto miners to max out a node bringing it down.

Francisco

Thanked by 2imok Shazan
  • Also if you're doing something on shared hosting where single thread frequency matters, you're probably abusing.

• @willie said:
    Also if you're doing something on shared hosting where single thread frequency matters, you're probably abusing.

means? its an abuse on E5 with GHz 2.20 single thread than onE3 with 3.40?

• williewillie Member
    edited September 2018

It means if you're doing something cpu intensive enough to care about the difference between 2.2ghz and 3.4 ghz, whatever you're doing probably isn't well suited to shared hosting.

Thanked by 3hostdare imok Shazan