Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone give me any info ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can anyone give me any info ?

Comments

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

tm9 said: funny, a few people analyzing my business policy, rather than helping out

au contraire; they're helping you when they point out your inner deadpool spirit. You may setup a business without a deep knowledge of some technical details, but going for a (overall) saturated market without neither in-depth technical knowledge nor a business plan (other than "I know something Windows-related, let's offer Windows VPSes") is suicidal.

than again maybe you'll be driving lambos within next summer, I wish you all the luck. My two cents: when you ask something to an online community, at least try to detail what did you search so far (and DO research on your own rather than waiting for a blanket spoonfeeding; someone already hinted you in this direction)

tm9 said: u don't even know

tm9 said: Online forums don't have to be complete cesspools. Why people wasting time replying nonsense

tm9 said: most of these angry trolls are unsuccessful businesses that hate new peoples getting in the industry

those "angry trolls" include a well-respected and active provider, and a moderator; they maybe are envious of your future success, or maybe you're still pretty immature

tm9 said: They said their panel can only be installed on Linux

so, mksh was correct: you are looking forward to run your nodes on windows.

luckily, you're not new to servers and you're a web developer as well. have fun

Thanked by 1mksh
  • tm9tm9 Member
    edited December 2017

@mfs , i didn't say nothing to MKSH . I appreciated & liked all answers that were not talking bs.

• mkshmksh Member
    edited December 2017

@tm9 said:
    MKSH, i did read docs & for example talked to Virtualizor . They said their panel can only be installed on Linux not o any Hyper-V.
    If there was any conclusive answer, then i'd not ask here.
    Search this topic on google, you wont find conclusive answers either.

Conclusive answer to what? The internal workings of Virtualizor? Without even looking i can tell you it's doing pretty much what i said about the custom approach. It automates qemu or rather libvirt and probably a couple administration tasks (LVM, routing, iptables, ...). I don't know if it runs straight on the node and does this directly, if the node exposes some api or if it just ssh's into the the node to do it's thing but in the end the result is pretty much the same. Is that what you are asking? Hey, i am taking my time to find out what you even want to know as your question is pretty much as specific as "how does baby work?". No need to get all angry...

If it were me, i'd at-least ignore the thread if I couldn't help. Online forums don't have to be complete cesspools. Why people wasting time replying nonsense to this thread when they don't find any value in the topic?

Telling you that you need linux admin skills might be something you don't like to hear but that does not take away it's value.

• @tm9

So are you planning to run your nodes on Windows?

• tm9tm9 Member
    edited December 2017

@nulldev said:
    @tm9

yes nulldev, i have not much time available to learn linux now. I have also searched if Hyper-V comes with some sort of web-API or something, but found nothing.
    can u suggest anything?

• tm9 said: not much time available to learn linux now.

Starting sooner, rather than later, might be prudent. Assuming you intend to stay in the server business.

Thanked by 1pike
  • @tm9 said:

@nulldev said:
    @tm9

yes nulldev, i have not much time available to learn linux now. I have also searched if Hyper-V comes with some sort of web-API or something, but found nothing.
    can u suggest anything?

I have no idea how you plan to start a server business with so little time... You also will not be competitive if you virtualize on Windows.

• So you have zero knowledge and refuse to learn new stuff?

10/10 provider, where can i buy??

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Debian thx

• RED ROCKET

• Words. I don't have any.

• This whole plan is utter shit.

Too much ram used by initial Winblows install to put the VMs on and it will balloon like a mfer as the Visor starts running VMs.

This is if you can get the initial install to not eat the cpu all up.

Does not matter how good a programmer you may be since you did not code the underlying infrastructure.

This and many more reasons are why Providers use Linux.

• @Ole_Juul said:

tm9 said: not much time available to learn linux now.

Starting sooner, rather than later, might be prudent. Assuming you intend to stay in the server business.

yes you are right. But for now, i'm in a project which requires me to deal with Win-Datacenters only. My purpose is not focused on retail VPS business.

@lemon said:
    So you have zero knowledge and refuse to learn new stuff?

>

absolutely not, i'll learn Linux if needed. Just trying to see if there's any way out.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

@tm9 if you not going to be on business better go to school/univ and learn about virtual machines and basic underlaying under it

In Windows, i know about hyper-v to utilize as VM and configure network etc. But i wont say, i am OK with it ,untill i able to control VM with powershell

Have you heard of powershell?

• @vpsGOD said:
    @tm9 if you not going to be on business better go to school/univ and learn about virtual machines and basic underlaying under it

In Windows, i know about hyper-v to utilize as VM and configure network etc. But i wont say, i am OK with it ,untill i able to control VM with powershell

Have you heard of powershell?

first tell me ,"can I avoid learning Linux if I know shell-scripting?"

• @tm9 said:
    absolutely not, i'll learn Linux if needed.

Yeah, of course. It's something you learn during a weekend.

Just trying to see if there's any way out.

And you said you had little time? How much of it will you spend on people telling you the same over and over again? If you choose to ignore it anyways you could as well start coding up some automation for Hyper-V and see for yourself why no host uses it.

shrug

• @tm9 said:
    absolutely not, i'll learn Linux if needed. Just trying to see if there's any way out.

@tm9 said:
    first tell me ,"can I avoid learning Linux if I know shell-scripting?"

I don't know why, but I'm convinced you'll never learn anything about linux.
    Also there is more than the technical part.

Thanked by 2WSS Janevski
  • @mksh said:

@tm9 said:

And you said you had little time? How much of it will you spend on people telling you the same over and over again? If you choose to ignore it anyways you could as well start coding up some automation for Hyper-V and see for yourself why no host uses it.

mksh, learning a new technology can be easy or hard (time consuming). You can reach up to the level of mastery or just some basics. I just don't have any idea on "how deeper" i'll need to learn Linux, to manage servers.
    If only basics would be enough, then i'll give it a try, I have no problems dedicating weekends.

I can also go for system automation. yes, that's plan-b.

• Install CPanel, WHMCS, and SolusVM; instant summerhost.

• I'm convinced this is trolling.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • @Yura said:
    I'm convinced this is trolling.

Dude has 4 threads, and they were all Windows related. He might just be a fucking cluebie..

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • @WSS said:

@Yura said:
    I'm convinced this is trolling.

Dude has 4 threads, and they were all Windows related. He might just be a fucking cluebie..

It's Christmas and it's tragic :(

P.S. speaking of tragic, did you cancel your tragicvps? Anything noteworthy happened under the new stewardship? I cancelled mine.

• @Yura said:
    P.S. speaking of tragic, did you cancel your tragicvps? Anything noteworthy happened under the new stewardship? I cancelled mine.

They didn't get cancelled, but were mysteriously turned off when I boosted to a load of 4 (4 vCPU x 1.0) for a couple hours, with no notice or any other regard from @komputerking. I don't know if they'll be rereg'd next year, but 6GB for $21/yr is kind of hard to let go of, even when OVZ. Plus, changing IPv6 addresses in a TLD I have my nameservers on is abysmal (doesn't fucking work).

Thanked by 1Yura
  • tm9tm9 Member
    edited December 2017

Got offered by a leading provider. I'll be using their API.
    Unsubscribing from this thread.

Thanks everyone for your input(s).

• Make sure you own a shitty car which has no payments left on it. You'll be living in it soon enough.

• @WSS said:
    Make sure you own a shitty car which has no payments left on it. You'll be living in it soon enough.

Vlad, you stink real bad

• BYLAAAAT!

• @WSS said:

BYLAAAAT!

unfortunately I don't understand a single word of your chicken-shit language. You aint triggering this boi, lol.

• @tm9 said:

@WSS said:

BYLAAAAT!

unfortunately I don't understand a single word of your chicken-shit language. You aint triggering this boi, lol.

That's a bit of a shame, because you're one of the laziest, shittiest trolls I've seen, and you've been here for over two years. Good luck with your WinVPS ya racist buttmonkey.

Thanked by 2mfs Janevski
  • Gotta' love this community.