Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ServerHand Exits the LowEndMarket

Comments

• @angstrom said:

You might want to send another update to those affected, and ask @raindog308 to clarify the subject line.

Yep, we'll do that for clarification sakes. I also asked an admin on Discord the other day about my post since it would no longer be valid, he said it's been long enough so won't matter and didn't need to be removed. The links won't work anymore anyway.

And no, sorry, I didn't know about the Chinese taking posts and re-posting them on Chinese boards. I found that out the other day from a moderator on Discord as well.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

While I agree that the Black Friday plan is hardly sustainable, I still don't like changing renewal prices without any notice to customer. According to your post here and according to the invoice the discount was recurring.

• LeeLee Veteran

WSS said: WHMCS also has no innate ability to directly block different countries from using specific billing gateways without external modules.

It has stock control though, so that is the first easy way to control flow, then you manually review instead of auto-provision if you want to control the who and where. Really not that hard.

• @Lee said:

WSS said: WHMCS also has no innate ability to directly block different countries from using specific billing gateways without external modules.

It has stock control though, so that is the first easy way to control flow, then you manually review instead of auto-provision if you want to control the who and where. Really not that hard.

I'm just making statements about what it doesn't do. I won't make excuses for not realizing that your clientele is the scourge of the internet.

Thanked by 2Lee vimalware
  • TaoronTaoron Member
    edited December 2017

Okay can we just calm down with this thread? It's a bit jumping the gun now, I didn't even publicly announce anything on LET.

• @ServerHand said:
    Okay can we just calm down with this thread? It's a bit jumping the gun now, I didn't even publicly announce anything on LET.

Wow. You really are new here.

Thanked by 3brueggus Lee AlexanderM
  • Even I don't know what's happening yet. So I don't see how people here think they know what's happening.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@ServerHand said:
    Even I don't know what's happening yet. So I don't see how people here think they know what's happening.

Your best bet right now is to just appeal to the mods to change the title and rectify that ONLY ONE LOCATION IS GOING AWAY.

The peanut gallery will continue on, unabated. Trust me on this.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

ServerHand said: So I don't see how people here think they know what's happening.

Seemed like you did though, you wrote an email and told everyone what was happening. Then you further clarified the details of what was happening at the beginning of this thread.

Just a bit weird is all. Remember this is a community filled with people who are a bit used to getting screwed over for a dollar. The paranoia here is not without justification.

Thanked by 4Lee Yura tarasis Darwin
  • It's all fine. At the end of the day, ServerHand isn't important or even much of a mark here anyway. Before that Black Friday sale, we had 30 customers.

People getting mad and they have no idea the service level I've tried to provide or any of the circumstances. All they can do is judge something they know nothing about.

When it comes to saving the company, I'll do what I have to do. If what has been suggested isn't favorable, maybe I should just transfer the clients to someone else who would like them. I'm open to offers of taking on customers.

(Since we have that up in the air.. I'll open that can of worms.)

Let me know! :)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, the dude is doing a good job ruining his reputation for sure.

• Are you even a customer?

edited December 2017

Nope. You posted this on a public forum, no?

Wait, is LET a public forum?

• LeeLee Veteran

deank said: Nope.

Me neither #winners

• cccatcccat Member
    edited December 2017

@ServerHand said:

This is literally what happened. I posted, someone reposted my offer. It wasn't going to fit on the one server in LA I had.

Why don't you set a limit to the stock or just configure more servers to handle the numerous orders.

You posted your offer in a public froum. It's contradictory to complain about others' secondary transmission of your offer.

• TaoronTaoron Member
    edited December 2017

@cccat said:

@ServerHand said:

This is literally what happened. I posted, someone reposted my offer. It wasn't going to fit on the one server in LA I had.

Why don't you set a limit to the stock or just configure more servers to handle the numerous orders.

It's unimaginable to complain about others' secondary transmission of your offer.

I did. If you review the black friday thread it states all that. (edit: sorry, not trying to sound rude.)

I added more servers to handle capacity and to be able to continue taking monthly services. There were things happening too fast that week.

• @deank said:
    Nope. You posted this on a public forum, no?

Wait, is LET a public forum?

If you're not even a customer, then definitely no need for you to be stirring up dust.

I've been banned from this thread.

Adios.

• Next time just dont accept Chinese Clients.... Easy....

• @maxwell said:
    Next time just dont accept Chinese Clients.... Easy....

So, what's wrong with Chinese customers in this event?

• LeeLee Veteran

cccat said: So, what's wrong with Chinese customers in this event?

At this end of the market, they are well proven to be more interested in abusing cheap services and using someone else's payment details. Not all of course, just most.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@Lee said:

At this end of the market, they are well proven to be more interested in abusing cheap services and using someone else's payment details. Not all of course, just most.

THAT'S RACIST. Be nice to the Internets' Mexicans.

• sundaymousesundaymouse Member
    edited December 2017

As a matter of rule, any deal under $15 yearly from any company should not be purchased. Too many of them deadpooled or withdrew before term already, tread this market as a consumer at your own peril.

• edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@Lee said:

What does Mexicans have to do with Chinese buyers committing fraud on the LET market?

I would consider them to be more like the Internet Veterans, those that are on the streets "served our country" but still looking for hand-outs and cheap deals.

As a Mexican I take great pride in knowing the great achievements we have done in the North American continent. Just look at California, 1/3 hispanic , the Mexicans(and hispanics as well) are a great economic force to the Californian economy.

I'm sure, @WSS, that what-ever middle-of-nowhere backwoods hillbilly land you come from doesn't have the same kind of economic evolution as California.

Mexicans pay for their shit, we aren't looking out for handouts. Just ask @dedicados, @inthecloudblog, and @Hxxx none of us are doing fraud and chargebacks on LET deals.

As you are the only one that has seem to made the connection between Chinese buyers doing fraud with Mexicans.

• Well, none of us except for @ServerHand know the details, so blaming the Chinese seems unfair. What seems clear is that the Chinese brought numbers, and with numbers comes more abuse in general, but clear cases of abuse can be dealt with, and I'm sure that @ServerHand knows how to deal with such cases. But the main problem here doesn't seem to be abuse per se.

• LeeLee Veteran

WSS said: THAT'S RACIST.

I'm at peace with my comments.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:
    As you are the only one that has seem to made the connection between Chinese buyers doing fraud with Mexicans.

Triggered much, rereg?

E: Quoting this before he edits it.

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@WSS said:

@Lee said:

What does Mexicans have to do with Chinese buyers committing fraud on the LET market?

I would consider them to be more like the Internet Veterans, those that are on the streets "served our country" but still looking for hand-outs and cheap deals.

As a Mexican I take great pride in knowing the great achievements we have done in the North American continent. Just look at California, 1/3 hispanic , the Mexicans(and hispanics as well) are a great economic force to the Californian economy.

I'm sure, @WSS, that what-ever middle-of-nowhere backwoods hillbilly land you come from doesn't have the same kind of economic evolution as California.

Mexicans pay for their shit, we aren't looking out for handouts. Just ask @dedicados, @inthecloudblog, and @Hxxx none of us are doing fraud and chargebacks on LET deals.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

IAlwaysBeCoding said: What does Mexicans have to do with Chinese buyers committing fraud on the LET market?

Thats a bit absurd comparison . Most Chinese buyers are kids and do all kind of nasty stuff expected for kids of that age . As a kid they have less money and they buy the cheap stuff more than any other . As they have population , it is just too many to be handled by this guy's company .
    I would not compare 1400 million population with at best a few hundred millions .

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@hostdare said:

IAlwaysBeCoding said: What does Mexicans have to do with Chinese buyers committing fraud on the LET market?

Thats a bit absurd comparison.

Not really. Illegally doing shit, feigning ignorance, and expecting compensation isn't that unlateral of a comparison.

• cccatcccat Member
    edited December 2017

@hostdare said:

Most Chinese buyers are kids and do all kind of nasty stuff expected for kids of that age .

Actually the minors in china can not apply for a debit/credit card from bank.
    So they can not use paypal to buy services.
    They can only use localized payment gateway such as alipay which not support chargeback or dispute.