Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute.io - SMTP Relay Service - Introductory offers, for 72 hours! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute.io - SMTP Relay Service - Introductory offers, for 72 hours!

Comments

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited December 2017

@MikePT said:
    Dear LET members,

It's no news that I and Jarland joined forces, and now work together in both MXroute.com / MXroute.io, but, enough story, let's go to the offers, shall we ladies/gentlemen? ;-)

Was this announced somewhere? seems I missed it :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • cpsdcpsd Member
    edited December 2017

All right, I already placed an order :). Thanks.

Edit: For your information, I've got your order confirmation email directly to my SPAM folder (using G Suite) because gmail spam filter. Isn't it what we are trying to avoid?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Nice, but I can't justify this in addition to a $15/yr mxroute promo I'm using for notification emails to self.

Good luck. you might want to work on branding. It's confusing.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2017

@cpsd said:

Edit: For your information, I've got your order confirmation email directly to my SPAM folder (using G Suite) because gmail spam filter. Isn't it what we are trying to avoid?

Well, there's a distinction between deliverability and "delivered but placed in the SPAM folder". In the second case, the email is delivered but it's placed in the SPAM folder. I don't think that mxroute.io (or mxroute.com, for that matter) can influence whether a particular email happens to be placed in the receiver's SPAM folder -- this is beyond their control. Their focus is on making sure that the email is delivered.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @zafouhar said:

@MikePT said:
    Dear LET members,

It's no news that I and Jarland joined forces, and now work together in both MXroute.com / MXroute.io, but, enough story, let's go to the offers, shall we ladies/gentlemen? ;-)

It was announced a couple of days ago in the cest pit, of all places.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited December 2017

@angstrom said:

@zafouhar said:

@MikePT said:
    Dear LET members,

So what does this mean? Is mxroute.com no longer owned by only Jarland? and shouldn't it be made official and an email sent to its customers?

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2017

@zafouhar said:

@angstrom said:

@zafouhar said:

@MikePT said:
    Dear LET members,

So what does this mean? Is mxroute.com no longer owned by only Jarland? and shouldn't it be made official and an email sent to its customers?

It's more like this:

• mxroute.io SUBSET-or-= mxroute.com
    • mxroute.io NOT-= mxroute.com

Or perhaps:

• mxroute.io OVERLAP mxroute.com
    • mxroute.io NOT-SUBSET-or-= mxroute.com
    Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Does MrGeneral have access to the MXroute.com billing system?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@zafouhar said:

@MikePT said:
    Dear LET members,

Sort of!

@cpsd said:

It is indeed, but I am relaying it from the cPanel server, could you please send me the full headers if that's ok? :-)

@angstrom said:

@cpsd said:

Well, there's a distinction between deliverability and "delivered but placed in the SPAM folder". In the second case, the email is delivered but it's placed in the SPAM folder. I don't think that mxroute.io (or mxroute.com, for that matter) can influence whether a particular email happens to be placed in the receiver's SPAM folder -- this is beyond their control. Their focus is on making sure that the email is delivered.

In this particular case, I am relaying it, sort of, cPanel/EXIM is handling it, so this might be an issue with my configuration itself and not really MailChannels.

@angstrom said:

@zafouhar said:

@angstrom said:

@zafouhar said:

@MikePT said:
    Dear LET members,

It's more like this:

• mxroute.io SUBSET-or-= mxroute.com
    • mxroute.io NOT-= mxroute.com

Or perhaps:

• mxroute.io OVERLAP mxroute.com
    • mxroute.io NOT-SUBSET-or-= mxroute.com

Correct. mxroute.com -> owned by Jarland, while mxroute.io -> we both own it.

BTW, orders are a bit delayed, this is due to the fact that MailChannel's API is still not working properly, and we get an internal error when we create an account.

• @MikePT said:
    could you please send me the full headers if that's ok? :-)

Of course, I already sent you an email. That's why I gave you the info, in case you can solve this too.

@cpsd said:

@MikePT said:
    could you please send me the full headers if that's ok? :-)

Of course, I already sent you an email. That's why I gave you the info, in case you can solve this too.

Received it. However, the filetype .txt was blocked, if possible, please resend it (I've replied to your ticket by the way), apologies for the work here :-)

• LeeLee Veteran

MikePT said: it would be a total loss, can't do it

You're not getting how it works for LET providers.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Ya, if MrGeneral wanted a service from someone here he would demand an unsustainable price, but if he's offering the service... NO CAN DO!

• Ya know, we all love to give Cheapo shit, but he's fucking trying. That's more than I've even bothered to do for the last several months.

Thanked by 2MikePT vimalware
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@hzr said:
    Pitch it to me, as in what can you offer above that?

Mailgun is 10k free, sendgrid is 15k free.

I'm also hit with a foreign transaction fee / bad exchange rates if I pay in euro.

None of those services will completely remove IP reputation as a variable for delivery. If an IP us rejected due to it's reputation, it gets sent again from another IP. That's unique and not offered by the providers mentioned.

Thanked by 2coreflux MikePT

@angstrom said:

@MikePT said:

@willie said:
    Can we use the regular mxroute plans (like the $5/y BF plans) for low volume relaying?
    @WSS said:

@willie said:
    Can we use the regular mxroute plans (like the $5/y BF plans) for low volume relaying?

It's not the same as a generic SMTP relay, but it is possible. This is an entirely separate venture.

Basically what @WSS said above :-)

If I may ask, what would be the practical difference between using mxroute.io for relaying and using mxroute.com for relaying? What does @WSS mean by a "generic SMTP relay"? (Just asking.)

No chance that I rewrite your headers on MXroute.io, better suited to being one relay for multiple senders. With mxroute.com, you have to create and authenticate as each email address you want to send from. The difference between an open relay and shared hosting, basically.

Thanked by 2MikePT vimalware

@JoeMerit said:
    Does MrGeneral have access to the MXroute.com billing system?

Yes. Miguel is working with me on support for MXroute, and also taking point in a partnership for growing out the relay-only service.

@zafouhar said:

@angstrom said:

@zafouhar said:

@MikePT said:
    Dear LET members,

It is. We've worked out a very mutually beneficial deal here. Miguel's company has the right to use the MXroute branding for the relay-only service, I front resources and work with him closely on it, and he also helps me with support workload.

It's most easily compared to a full partnership, but in this case we both retain ownership of our product offerings. However, neither product is absent of me or Miguel.

Does that make any sense? I know it's kind of weird to explain, not the most common type of partnership, I wouldn't recommend over thinking it ;)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jarland said: With mxroute.com, you have to create and authenticate as each email address you want to send from.

Wait, maybe that's what I was doing wrong. I'll look in the help pages about how to do that.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@MikePT said:

@hzr said:
    5k email for $2 plan?

Can only do it for 3.5 EUR, unfortunately.. Is that interesting?

Thats the problem when you are reseller, the prices will be always higher then someone who runs there own infrastructure, without someone who makes already profit out of a product.

• @jarland said:

@JoeMerit said:

Yes. Miguel is working with me on support for MXroute, and also taking point in a partnership for growing out the relay-only service.

@zafouhar said:

@angstrom said:

@zafouhar said:

@MikePT said:
    Dear LET members,

It is. We've worked out a very mutually beneficial deal here. Miguel's company has the right to use the MXroute branding for the relay-only service, I front resources and work with him closely on it, and he also helps me with support workload.

It's most easily compared to a full partnership, but in this case we both retain ownership of our product offerings. However, neither product is absent of me or Miguel.

Does that make any sense? I know it's kind of weird to explain, not the most common type of partnership, I wouldn't recommend over thinking it ;)

That makes sense actually. And good to know you have support in the EU now which covers the timezone difference. Would you say this service is production ready?

I might concider changing my setup if it is cos I'd rather spend my money with you than with the same old boring companies. Pricing is decent imo if it gets the job done.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Saragoldfarb said:

@jarland said:

@JoeMerit said:

@zafouhar said:

@angstrom said:

@zafouhar said:

@MikePT said:
    Dear LET members,

That makes sense actually. And good to know you have support in the EU now which covers the timezone difference. Would you say this service is production ready?

I might concider changing my setup if it is cos I'd rather spend my money with you than with the same old boring companies. Pricing is decent imo if it gets the job done.

MailChannels is the part you'll rely on the most with the relay service, and they're definitely production worthy. Not without issue and you've probably seen some of that on Twitter. They've assured me that their infrastructure is going through a major overall.

Thanked by 2Saragoldfarb MikePT
  • @cpsd said:

LOL Well, FWIW, the confirmation went straight to inbox on my standard gmail account. So, I guess, as usual, Google's paid product is the inferior one.

I have firewall alerts sent to my GSuite account and Google manages to reject 1-2% on a regular basis. I guess they trigger on the sketchy IPs and hostnames in the body of the mail, but of course that's the whole point of the mail! Oh, Google...

edited December 2017

@szarka said:

@cpsd said:

LOL Well, FWIW, the confirmation went straight to inbox on my standard gmail account. So, I guess, as usual, Google's paid product is the inferior one.

I have firewall alerts sent to my GSuite account and Google manages to reject 1-2% on a regular basis. I guess they trigger on the sketchy IPs and hostnames in the body of the mail, but of course that's the whole point of the mail! Oh, Google...

Hehe, as for your case, which I explained to, the SPF records were set as SPF and not TXT, SPF records when setup as "SPF" are no longer accepted/it's a deprecated feature. They should go straight to your inbox now :-).

RE: Accounts to be activated:

Looks like MailChannels's API has been down. We were the first to report it, then they somehow managed to fix account listing, however subaccounts cannot be created yet, we even tried the manual json requests and got internal server errors. We've been putting some pressure there so they can work faster solving their issues.

The due dates will obviously be adjusted, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused, rest assured that we're working with them in order to have the API fully working so we can create your accounts.

• No problem, it is still Sunday :). Thanks.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@cpsd said:
    No problem, it is still Sunday :). Thanks.

Still, a delay we do not like to. We advertise instant provisioning upon passing fraud check, so that's what we need to offer.

BTW, they still show their API as being operational, at https://status.mailchannels.net/
    We've asked them to update it accordingly, since it's nothing but throwing a bunch of internal server errors.

This offer has been extended until 17th.

We were told their dev team is working in the API and should have news within 3 hours.

All accounts provisioned / instant activation is available now.

Thanked by 1cpsd
  • cpsdcpsd Member
    edited December 2017

For some reason, the link that you gave us (http://console.mailchannels.net/...) is not working, ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. I know it is their fault, but it is not a good start. I'll try tomorrow :).