Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitcoin 2018 and my prediction.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bitcoin 2018 and my prediction.

vishalpatelzvishalpatelz Member
edited December 2017 in General

As you may all know bitcoin surpassed 15000$ mark.

1,.My prediction for 2018's are somewhere between 40k$ to 100k$, what you guys think?

2.For miners it's 3x profitable to mine bitcoin cash rather then bitcoin and now we have bitcoin gold which is minable via graphics card did any one have tried to mine cash and gold?

3.Steam stopped accepting bitcoins it that fair they are saying due to higher fees.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1nunuigti

Comments

• @vishalpatelz said:

1,.My prediction for 2018's are somewhere between 40k$ to 100k$, what you guys think?

I assume that means you’ve invested your life savings then?

• I like corn.

• @Nekki said:

@vishalpatelz said:

No not at all.

• @vishalpatelz said:

@Nekki said:

@vishalpatelz said:

No not at all.

So your prediction is bullshit?

• i think the same, between 50-100k. interesting times for tax investigations all around the globe ;)

• surely you're not going to tell me you think Bitcoin is going to reach $100,000 without telling me why you think that?

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • vishalpatelz said: No not at all.

So did you just make those numbers up? I'd assume if it was based on more than a finger in the air and you really believed it, you'd be putting your money where you mouth is.

• kasslekassle Member
    edited December 2017

he just predicting, not analyzing ... useless to argue.

my (just) prediction, september 2018 would be the dark age of bitcoin

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • Before anybody makes any rush decisions, what are your qualifications to give such a prediction

Thanked by 1kassle
  • Nah... I believe that by the end of 2018 it will reach around 1-2k maximum.

Thanked by 1maldovia
  • Fine. I'll predict global economic collapse for 2018 (june) then. Bitcoin will be worthless as the 4th world war has destroyed all technology. People will be knocked back into normadic life style while trading sea shells and trying to survive on random weeds growing from the ruins of their cities. Hey, it's just my prediction. It does not have to make sense. Waste of space.

• @doughmanes said:
    Before anybody makes any rush decisions, what are your qualifications to give such a prediction

like this, now we're analyzing

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • who/what is making the price rise for bitcoin? i have a feeling that this rise is just a strategic tactic.

Thanked by 2coreflux kkrajk
  • @ehab said:
    who/what is making the price rise for bitcoin? i have a feeling that this rise is just a strategic tactic.

Idiots who buy into it causing more idiots who smell blood in the water to superficially hype this widely pointless product. It's just something by, and for nerds with too much money.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

There is a whole lot of hype going on. Fundamentally, BTC is worthless, and IMO, like all PoW based power hungry cryptos should be made illegal.

But this bubble will probably be going for quite some time. There's no indication that 'investor' demand is drying up any time soon. It's barely accessible to the masses and the longer this goes on, the more skeptics start to believe. BTC and other crypto is still only used by a tiny minority and so if more and more people can be attracted into it, then the price really only has 1 way to go.

What a lot of people don't realize is that these prices are likely being pumped up by Tether/Bitfinex. Tether is supposed to be backed 1:1 with USD, but they seem to be printing money at an alarmingly fast rate, putting these fake dollars into the markets for margin trading.

Arbitrage players soon level the price differences between the exchanges and a decent amount of real money mixes in, which sort of gives those tether real value. Most people who are doing any research or trading into crypto probably already know or at least suspect this, but they don't care because those tethers are just as good as dollars for the purpose of buying BTC and other crypto. It does not seem to matter to anyone that tether cannot be redeemed or purchased from tether themselves, which makes you wonder how they've added $800M in issue without any banking facilities.

Any way.. FOMO is real, and the upcoming CME futures will make BTC more accessible to the institutional investor.

It's worth noting that there is not actually that much BTC or other crypto being traded on the markets. If hedge funds decided to put in $1B towards crypto, all coins (mainly BTC) would skyrocket, despite the market cap being $400B. Adding $1B could increase the market cap to $1T easily.

No idea how long this rally will last, or how high it will go, but I would not be all too surprised if it would hit $100k by the end of 2018. But then again, I would also not be that surprised if it dropped to $100 in that time too. Personally I think it will go up. But know 1 really know. Anyone who says they know the direction it will take is full of shit.

I'd bet only what I could afford to lose, and nothing more. But for the short-mid term, I'm betting on a continued rise. Probably a small correction in the next few days, but then back on the up.

Thanked by 2dedipromo coreflux
  • I predict it will go back to $200, but this time it won't rise again. My predictions are purely based on nothing. Just like most of the articles over the internet.

• Why would anyone want to use it as currency now at this rate of change?

I'm just waiting to see who's left holding the bag.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @WSS, i wouldn't call idiots and i hope i really hope i am not the idiot of not trying to mine. btw, when i get time i want to try this M something.. so i feel better about myself.

• @ehab said:
    @WSS, i wouldn't call idiots and i hope i really hope i am not the idiot of not trying to mine. btw, when i get time i want to try this M something.. so i feel better about myself.

Getting into Bitcoin now is not where the smart money is..

• jezznarjezznar Member
    edited December 2017

I've invested to this crypto swing. But only on what I can afford to lose.
    If bitcoin dies, something will come up as a silly idea of a virtual trade shizz and the next thing you know it's a multibillion thing.... then crashes and the cycle continues. As long as these 'inhumane' taxes exist, there will be something out there that will evade/destroy it

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited December 2017

@ehab said:
    who/what is making the price rise for bitcoin? i have a feeling that this rise is just a strategic tactic.

Some speculation into what drove the recent rise (when it suddenly jumped up to $10k) was that Saudi princes were exchanging large portions of their fortunes into bitcoin due to Mohammed bin Salman's recent consolidation of power / arrest-spree (they wanted to stow away their cash). So maybe that drove the initial demand and subsequent price bump and then the hype train kept on rolling ever since.

Please note word "speculation" above. I'm no economics expert nor pretend to be

Thanked by 4vimalware WSS ehab vpsguy
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited December 2017

The weird thing is that bitcoin is really a pain in the ass to use right now, given the really high fees.

It's rather crappy: very expensive or very slow. The value is totally disconnected from usage / potential usage. It can go high though, as long as some people have too much money (there are many of those in rich countries & rich areas of poor countries...) and want to try to make more hoping in the btc train..

randvegeta said: BTC is worthless, and IMO, like all PoW based power hungry cryptos should be made illegal.

But this bubble will probably be going for quite some time.

I agree with you, great analysis!

When it will burst it will be painful, but it can burst in a long time.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

BTC has historically had a 80%-ish correction after a huge upswing ($500 -> $100, $1k -> $200/250, etc). There's been a lot more normie money pumping it up this time though. I'm hoping for a pretty steep correction but I can't predict the future.

My honest opinion is: don't buy, not now. Risks increasingly outweigh potential rewards at this price. All I've bought in the last few weeks was for trading (immediate conversion) and only as much as I'm willing to lose/wait out long term.

Thanked by 1pike
  • ehab said: who/what is making the price rise for bitcoin?

Speculation. Big banks are probably getting into it now to ruin it like the stock market.

• randvegeta said: There is a whole lot of hype going on. Fundamentally, BTC is worthless, and IMO, like all PoW based power hungry cryptos should be made illegal.

You know things magically go away once deemed illegal

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • hello ... where is the OP ?

@doughmanes said:

randvegeta said: There is a whole lot of hype going on. Fundamentally, BTC is worthless, and IMO, like all PoW based power hungry cryptos should be made illegal.

You know things magically go away once deemed illegal

Prime example: prohibition. That made every American a law-abiding citizen, right?

• Godwin is less than two steps away..

Thanked by 2vimalware MasonR

@WSS said:
    Godwin is less than two steps away..

Nazis inflated bitcoin to keep us distracted while they set up an underground military outpost on the moon. Confirmed.

• @MasonR said:

@WSS said:
    Godwin is less than two steps away..

Nazis inflated bitcoin to keep us distracted while they set up an underground military outpost on the moon. Confirmed.

Correction not Nazis it is Hydra.

Thanked by 1MasonR