Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One man shows LEB VPS hosts. Should we be more open? Discuss. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

One man shows LEB VPS hosts. Should we be more open? Discuss.

Comments

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited September 2013

@Frost said:
    asterisk14

So you rather have:

3x lonely guys in basements of their moms at age of 36 with suicidal thoughts and no idea what theyre doing and depending on their providers and solus and theyre well proud of their "team" (billing, marketing/PR/sales and admin)

than

1x fine guy who is around 17, has some good knowledge of everything and has to be slightly vague about his "Team" to not get discriminated

The chance that the admin guy jumps in front of a bus because his life sucks should be a lot bigger than the 17yr old who has a good life getting hit by a bus and not surviving it. And who says passwords are shared when it's more than one person in the company?

What a stupid person you are. What a stupid example. Let me deconstruct it for you.

If all 3 of the 36 yrs old were suicidal then I doubt they would be running a LEB VPS, and if they all had no idea what they were doing they would not be running a LEB VPS. If I knew all 3 of them were suicidal and had no idea what they were doing but some how managed to set up a LEB VPS then I would not buy from them. The only way I would find this out is if they were transparent and honest and told me 'we are suicidal and have no idea what we are doing'. YOU advocate 'not being completely honest and being vague'. Now if they followed your advice and said 'we are a team of 3, completely healthly, running a tight ship', I may be duped into buying from them and regret it. All because they followed your advice of 'not being honest'. That's why we need honesty and transparency. DO YOU GET IT NOW?

Regarding your second example, I may not want to take the risk of hosting with some one who is still in high school, I may be using the server for important stuff and not want to put that particular stuff on a one man show VPS. You again encourage 'vagueness'. Him being vague means I may not make the best decision for my needs. This is wrong on the part of the LEB provider to behave in this way, to pretend to be something they are not. It is called deception. May be there was something wrong with how your parents brought you up. DO YOU GET IT NOW?

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Frost said:
    And who says passwords are shared when it's more than one person in the company?

Well, it's much easier to gain access to passwords with big companies when using social engineering. This way you can be sure the passwords won't get lost. Everybody will then be able to administrate the servers of the ISP.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @asterisk14 said:
    If all 3 of the 36 yrs old were suicidal then I doubt they would be running a LEB VPS

LEB is easy money if you deadpool halway yearly deals, desperate for money often results into being suicidal

, and if they all had no idea what they were doing they would not be running a LEB VPS.

Please, look around, without SolusVM only a handful of people would be running a LEB host

If I knew all 3 of them were suicidal and had no idea what they were doing then I would not buy from them.

How would you know? If they're a >1 company and have pretty profile pictures on their website from 5 years ago

The only way I would find this out is if they were transparent and honest and told me 'we are suicidal and have no idea what we are doing'.

Indeed, who says any of the current host owners aren't?

YOU advocate 'not being completely honest and being vague'. Now if they followed your advice and said 'we are a team of 3, completely healthly, running a tight ship', I may be duped into buying from them and regret it.

No, being vague means not mention health at all...

All because they followed your advice of 'not being honest'. That's why we need honesty and transparency.

So they're desperate for money and decide to be transparent: "We are 3 suicidal guys desperately looking for money to improve our lives" nobody would buy, resulting in them never getting out of their depression.

I'll ask you the following question:

DO YOU GET IT NOW?

edited September 2013

@Frost said:

I'm going to do a poll and find out which one of us makes more sense. I feel it will be me. Your example is just idiotic in the extreme.

• c0yc0y Member
    edited September 2013

@asterisk14 said:
    I'm going to do a poll and find out which one of us makes more sense. I feel it will be me. Your example is just idiotic in the extreme.

It's life, go ahead and make that poll, you're too ignorant to see for yourself.

Edit:
    Forgot to mention, a lot of people have financial problems. Which results in stress, and that results in depression in turn, and that results into becoming suicidal for most people.

edited September 2013

@Frost said:
    Forgot to mention, a lot of people have financial problems. Which results in stress, and that results in depression in turn, and that results into becoming suicidal for most people.

Do you know how to make a poll on here? I can't figure it out. I work in the medical field. People with depression can't even get out of bed, let alone those people that are suicidal and drepessed are probably not going to be setting up LEB VPS companies. But we would only know they are suidical and depressed if they are honest, not how you say they should be 'not completely honest and vague'! Just basic common sense, if you can't understand that then there is something seriously wrong with you.

• @asterisk14 said:
    Do you know how to make a poll on here? I can't figure it out. I work in the medical field. People with depression can't even get out of bed, let alone those people that are suicidal and drepessed are probably not going to be setting up LEB VPS companies. But we would only know they are suidical and depressed if they are honest, not how you say they should be 'not completely honest and vague'! Just basic common sense, if you can't understand that then there is something seriously wrong with you.

Who the hell is going to tell he's suicidal when he's trying to sell something because he desperately needs money?

And no, depressed people aren't in their bed all day, depressed people are everywhere.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It's one thing to be transparent, another for a business owner to declare "This is why you shouldn't buy my product." Of course, any provider should be happy to say "This is why you don't have to worry about anything going unwatched." It's all up to them though. Maybe they don't want to advertise as a one man show because it's a temporary condition rather than a permanent choice.

• qtriangleqtriangle Member
    edited September 2013

I see that @asterisk14 is a banned member now.
    However I had a discussion going on with him using LET inbox.
    Anybody knows how to contact him?
    My sincere apologies in advance if someone thinks my question is invalid here.

• @qtriangle said:
    I see that asterisk14 is a banned member now.
    However I had a discussion going on with him using LET inbox.
    Anybody knows how to contact him?

Nope, sorry.

• Automation is the key to a one man operation, plus balancing the budget. You may be in business for years and all you really get a lunch and dinner. But if you stay on track and learn the business at some point it will provide you with some earnings.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Jack said:
    How long is he banned for?

Until he has a business partner.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Jack said:
    AnthonySmith explain.

really?

• One man shows (IMHO) are fine for VPS. I don't care the age of the person, just their staying power. Quality product,a good price and open and honest communications.
    If a provider needs to swap locations because they can't make one work, that's fine, let me know and give me an incentive to stay with you.
    I've priced out colocation/dedicated hosting, etc and, by and large, VPS's are the best place for me to spend my money for the service I need. A large VPS provider has a lot more overhead to pay for than a small one man show and this will reflect in their overall prices.
    The great thing about LET and LEB is that there is a pretty good blend of one man shows and larger companies. The one man shows have very good daily deals, the larger companies use this forum to fill out underutilized nodes.
    I've had good and bad service from both kinds of providers. I might be more inclined to put mission critical things with a larger business but, then again, most of my mission critical stuff would be on a dedicated server somewhere with routine backups off site.

• Holy Necro, Batman!

Thanked by 3mikho jcaleb RLT
  • @Jack said:
    I think is a very valid discussion, the buses man they keep getting in the way... 6 this week I've been hit by.

Oops, sorry. I know I suck at stopping for pedestrians, but it's just so much fun thinking they're one-man VPS companies ;)

/joke

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @Jack said:
    I think is a very valid discussion, the buses man they keep getting in the way... 6 this week I've been hit by.

This isn't funny at all.Be grateful to God that you've never had such problems.But sickness, accidents & other emergency situations are a part of life & can happen to anyone at anytime.

• Just out of curiosity, is there/was a known company run by a 14-16 year old?

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited May 2014

@eddynetweb said:
    Just out of curiosity, is there/was a known company run by a 14-16 year old?

Mazker. GVH. LOL.

• @0xdragon said:
    Mazker. GVH. LOL.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • SkylarMSkylarM Member

@Jack said:

But what about the 2 man operations. What if they are out getting a coffee and get hit by the same bus? What if there are TWO buses?! We should boycott all businesses with fewer than 3 employees.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited May 2014

@SkylarM said:

I would like to happily exclaim that Albino Geek Services Ltd. is a three man and two woman operation. And since we live in different countries, we can't all get hit by the same bus on the same day.

• @GoodHosting said:
    I would like to happily exclaim that Albino Geek Services Ltd. is a three man and two woman operation. And since we live in different countries, we can't all get hit by the same bus on the same day.

What if it is the end of the World!? :p

• SkylarMSkylarM Member

@GoodHosting said:

What about the DEMONS though?

• HostNunHostNun Member

@Jack said:
    But what if a nuclear bomb went off in the area of all 3 employees

then Dead Hand activates Infinisynth

• wychwych Member

@Jack said:
    But what if a nuclear bomb went off in the area of all 3 employees

I have a cockroach trained for restoring backups.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • BoxodeBoxode Member

We coded a program much like seen on "Terminator" the movie. We called it LowNet, if I happen to die, LowNet takes over.

I also have a trained cat to manage all tickets.

• upfreakupfreak Member

@wych said:
    I have a cockroach trained for restoring backups.

using the Baygon protocol I suppose... Talking of ancient technology... sigh

• wychwych Member

@viCommunications said:

I also have a trained cat to manage all tickets.

Can you train my cat to do that?

• BoxodeBoxode Member

wych said: Can you train my cat to do that?

Not sure really. The cats sometimes in a bad mood and wont answer tickets. :(