Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What deals are you looking for this Black Friday? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What deals are you looking for this Black Friday?

124»

Comments

• @WSS try running Plex and use transcoding. Try to see how many screens can it support before the whole things lags like crazy.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@Edmond said:
    @WSS try running Plex and use transcoding. Try to see how many screens can it support before the whole things lags like crazy.

It's a VPS, not a dedicated machine. If you do that with a shared resource machine, I wish you nothing but the worst in life. *

* Unless this was specifically what was offered along with full CPU/Network.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @WSS said:

@Edmond said:
    @WSS try running Plex and use transcoding. Try to see how many screens can it support before the whole things lags like crazy.

It's a VPS, not a dedicated machine. If you do that with a shared resource machine, I wish you nothing but the worst in life. *

* Unless this was specifically what was offered along with full CPU/Network.

I know that, but give it a shot for five minutes and I'm sure it'll run out of CPU quite soon, since the CPU is probably quite oversold already from all the new BF orders being stuffed in.

• That's not my need/use/target. I already did a nench on it earlier, and it wasn't slow. Find somewhere that works for you. All I need is something to handle my non-Node dev, and it suits me fine. :)

• OVH
    VPS SSD 3
    OpenStack KVM
    2 vCore(s)
    2.4 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    Price: 9.99$/m

• @lzcykevin said:
    I am looking for cheap dedicated server like KS3C (i5 3570s)

That's a KS-4C grade; the 3C is an i3.