Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Cloud: Free 3 cloud servers per user. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Cloud: Free 3 cloud servers per user.

Comments

• Nice. Looking good so far.

• @Hetzner_OL auto logout after long inactivity on panel page may be good...

• Any information about prices after beta?

• WSSWSS Member

@default said:
    Any information about prices after beta?

Are you seriously asking their marketing department about pricing?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @WSS said:

@default said:
    Any information about prices after beta?

Are you seriously asking their marketing department about pricing?

• they re-enable my account without saying anything.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@bsdguy - Sorry for the typo. It does make finding mentions easier if the name is spelled correctly. And yes, I meant the data used for ID verfication when creating the account.

@Falzo - We really appreciate your feedback, but we're not giving out additional info right now, ie ("what about additional disks?") You'll just have to wait a little bit longer. Sorry for the suspense.

@Edmond @aFriend - When will the beta test end? Current plan: We will send an e-mail one week before the beta ends. (The email will only get sent to users who have cloud servers at that time, so if you at one point created a server and later deleted it and don't do anything else, you will not get notified). This is our plan just at the moment, but it could change. I'll do my best to keep you posted here, too.

@default - I think @WSS 's comment was because we don't usually reveal information about prices before a new product launch to the dismay of many LET readers. (Feel free to insert your own fist shaking gifs here.) However, giving away the price beforehand also spoils the suprise a bit.

--Katie, Marketing

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2017

Pricing will be $7.01. Just to mess with us.

• I really like these Cloud-Servers well ... depends on the price. For the 2G 6 € and for the 8G 10 € sound reasonable.

• Hetzner is already selling virtual machines. So the pricing would be around the current offers. See https://www.hetzner.com/virtual-server

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • inb4: https://serverscope.io/trials/y5OK

Let's see how they develop and what the price tag will be. I pretty much like Hetzner for their other services and the overall quality, so I guess they would make a nice "competitor" on the market.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2017

Tried it out when I logged in for something else, seem pretty decent, although they really need to up the features to come out the box challenging people to leave other providers in the area such as DO. Perhaps the price will do it..

• how to create server. i have click add project and fill name but no respon

• from "billing" tab , I assume the price for 2 GB will be about 14 euros

• Pricing would have to be about twice that LET offers because of the requirement to maintain idle capacity at all times

Thanked by 2Falzo Amitz
  • @vimalware said:
    Pricing would have to be about twice that LET offers because of the requirement to maintain idle capacity at all times

I agree and am afraid pricing will be not as attractive as most are thinking of.
    still hoping they'll get as close as possible to OVHs public cloud pricing and have quite some range (and additional disks and stuff) - would make me consider a transfer of some projects..

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@ skizoid - Based on the little information that I have here, it looks like you might not yet be a verified customer. Please wait for us to verify your account. Once we verify your account, you will be able to use the beta test and its features. Until then, you will be able to see the interface, but will not actually be able to use it. --Katie, Marketing

• The pricing for cPanel on virtual-server page is same as dedicated server.

• just click create and nothing happen

• "Access denied" when I click on "Create", I do have an active dedicated server with Hetzner...

• Signed up for the service and was told to send my identification. Sent my identification and was told it looked like I downloaded it from the internet.

Sent another copy of my driver's license and also stated that I would send my business paperwork if needed. Was told to take a copy of a document with no link with my cell phone and send it back to them.

No thanks... I do not hide my identity.

Thanked by 1hanoi
  • @ljseals at least you got a reply been days and no reply after sending id verification though i just refreshed the admin area and see a default 1 member box so maybe progress :)

Thanked by 1ljseals
  • first hetzner cloud vps spun up and very nice network speeds (in Europe) and disk speeds https://community.centminmod.com/threads/hetzner-cloud-beta-3-free-vps-per-customer.13140/#post-55838 :)

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

I personally doubt that their range will be the same as OVH or LEB price.

• @rick2610 said:
    Hetzner is already selling virtual machines. So the pricing would be around the current offers.

So what's the essential difference between this new product and that current one?

• Hetzner amazing as always. I hope the pricing is good! I'll definitely consider grabbing one after the beta ends.

• Deployed two test servers so far. Did not get into any issues. It would seem that their beta isn't as buggy as one would expect.

• Amazing UI! Very fast server deployment and navigation is clear and intuitive. Congratulations on this achievement!

Server it-self... Nothing special, just a regular DO like instance.

Thanked by 1arnavchaudhary
  • LTniger said: Server it-self... Nothing special, just a regular DO like instance.

which package?