Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyNode is back - and acquires Hostigation, ServerCrate, VortexUnit - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyNode is back - and acquires Hostigation, ServerCrate, VortexUnit

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Lee said: It could have been handled better, Hostigation and ServerCrate in the same title did it for me :)

I doubt Clarke's involved in any capacity with the brands. From the writeup it was purely an asset purchase with the core need being the subnets to help grow the HG side of things.

Seamus already said hes been involved since March and i've heard nothing but positive things with that, especially in the post-stroke months.

I think you're giving the guy a hard time when he's proven to be an incredibly skilled, well spoken, business owner and worker. I've seen it with my own 4 eyes. Over the years there's been countless failed mergers, complete melt downs and the likes because of terrible management and owners that ransack the bank accounts.

Seamus is one of the few solar solid operators out there and has helped many other hosts with development, network deployments, etc. Infact he helped me personally install our new Juniper in Vegas.

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

Francisco said: I think you're giving the guy a hard time

Not at all, just my views on it all. Hostigation without Tim is not Hostigation. BuyVM without Fran is not BuyVM, nothing more than that really.

I am sure he will do just fine and hope he does.

Thanked by 1scaveney

Lee said: Not at all, just my views on it all. Hostigation without Tim is not Hostigation. BuyVM without Fran is not BuyVM, nothing more than that really.

Hm, I can understand that.

@scaveney should just shove the zombie on the new site.

Francisco

Thanked by 2scaveney mikho
  • Lee said: Not at all, just my views on it all. Hostigation without Tim is not Hostigation. BuyVM without Fran is not BuyVM, nothing more than that really.

Fixing a company on a person (especially if it is not the owner) is pretty dumb on both sides, long term (worst case, death) this is bound to generate problems from one affecting the other - might be neat as ego polishing for some but i rather control silent, regardless of the 'shady" or 'not transparent' complaints and can only recommend this.

Thanked by 2scaveney Voss
  • LeeLee Veteran

William said: Fixing a company on a person (especially if it is not the owner) is pretty dumb on both sides, long term (worst case, death) this is bound to generate problems from one affecting the other - might be neat as ego polishing for some but i rather control silent, regardless of the 'shady" or 'not transparent' complaints and can only recommend this.

For me, one person is not so much an issue. If they die then not a problem, I can move on elsewhere, I am prepared for that day just as much as I am prepared for a provider closing without notice.

That one person is how many hosts got to where they are, not a bad thing. As for ego polishing, Nah, if a provider (one person) does as well as some around here over a period of years then they deserve the recognition. Stay silent if you wish or bask in it if you deserve it.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Thanks to Seamus and his team for the smooth management transition, SC/NB/VU clients are in good hands.

Thanked by 1scaveney
  • LeeLee Veteran

/usub before I start on him.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Lee said: Not at all, just my views on it all. Hostigation without Tim is not Hostigation.

Agreed. I have no doubts that anyNode will be good and succeed, but I really only had the VPS with them to support Tim because I respected him and his business ethics and morals.

William said: I got the mail before, and my account is fairly new.

I found mine in the Spam folder when I woke up today. It was delivered 5 hours after this thread was created so it's not horrible... I just still hate having to learn things about my hosts on public forums.

• Been a Hostigation client for a long time, now it looks like Iam a anynode client. Plan to be one for years to come hopefully.

Thanked by 2scaveney Rhys
  • WSSWSS Member

@KuJoe said:
    I found mine in the Spam folder when I woke up today. It was delivered 5 hours after this thread was created so it's not horrible... I just still hate having to learn things about my hosts on public forums.

Have you heard about VortexNode yet?

• Lee said: As for ego polishing, Nah, if a provider (one person) does as well as some around here over a period of years then they deserve the recognition. Stay silent if you wish or bask in it if you deserve it.

Well, these are however mostly not one person companies or sole traders where this not only makes sense but is literally the only option, on something with permanent staff it's kind of different.

Anonymous or fairly anonymous also gives you options to ignore opinions, work against your own or fail gloriously/close down without having your name linked to it; if successful one can still take credit for it (but i rather take the money) and if it fails... whatever, nobody knows.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @KuJoe said:
    [...] because I respected him and his business ethics and morals.

Business owners like Tim are a rarity - more than 10 years managing Hostigation, most of them solo, yet never compromising his standards. If anybody else had offered me the sysadmin position, I would have turned them down as I had no intentions to get back into hosting. However, when given the chance to continue the company I first signed up for 7 years ago, how could I refuse? Allowing Hostigation go to some mindless corporate ownership would be a loss for the community.

@KuJoe said:

I would appreciate if you could send me a copy of the headers please, so I can figure out why it was dumped in your spam and resolve whatever's wrong.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

scaveney said: Business owners like Tim are a rarity - more than 10 years managing Hostigation, most of them solo, yet never compromising his standards.

Tim was one of the few - maybe the only? - one-man band that kind of worked.

scaveney said: I would appreciate if you could send me a copy of the headers please, so I can figure out why it was dumped in your spam and resolve whatever's wrong.

I'm not a current customer, but I have been in the past and I'm sure I'm still in Hostigation's WHMCS. If I was supposed to get the email, I didn't...at least, I didn't find it searching for either anynode or hostigation in both my gmail spam in inbox.

I don't need the email but just FYI.

• @raindog308 said: I'm not a current customer, but I have been in the past and I'm sure I'm still in Hostigation's WHMCS. If I was supposed to get the email, I didn't...at least, I didn't find it searching for either anynode or hostigation in both my gmail spam in inbox.

I don't need the email but just FYI.

This was clarified earlier in the thread. Customers without an active service didn't receive the email.

Thanked by 1raindog308

scaveney said: more than 10 years managing

Shiiiiiiit, no wonder he had a stroke.

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

Francisco said: Shiiiiiiit, no wonder he had a stroke.

How long until your first one?

@Lee said:

I don't smoke so I got a few years to go.

Soon(tm)?

Francisco

• LeeLee Veteran

@Francisco said:

@Lee said:

Soon(tm)?

Francisco

In your own time, I have 3 copies of my data, so ready to drop you like you never existed for a healthier host should it happen.

No offence, but you know how it is, that three dolla fiddy slice goes down and I loose thousands every hour...

• @Lee said:

@Francisco said:

@Lee said:

Soon(tm)?

Francisco

In your own time, I have 3 copies of my data, so ready to drop you like you never existed for a healthier host should it happen.

No offence, but you know how it is, that three dolla fiddy slice goes down and I loose thousands every hour...

You, sir, have just found a new hosting niche. HealtyHosting™

"Our staff eat healthy, exercise and never smoke"

• WSSWSS Member

@serverian said:

I give it two weeks.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

WSS said: Have you heard about VortexNode yet?

Nope, who are they?

scaveney said: I would appreciate if you could send me a copy of the headers please, so I can figure out why it was dumped in your spam and resolve whatever's wrong.

Will do.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Webhosting Holdings LLC is the legal name of the organization, you'll see it in our PayPal and credit/debit payments. There are a few legal hurdles on Tim's side preventing us from acquiring the Hostigation name officially, which is another reason why we rebranded.

Still have to ask if it is http://hostingholdings.com and owns jaguarpc and netdepot. I got to make things clear because I promo anynode to my readers.

Thanked by 1scaveney
  • No, that is a different company. We have no relationship to "Hosting Holdings".

Thanked by 1tianyi
  • WSSWSS Member

@KuJoe said:

WSS said: Have you heard about VortexNode yet?

Nope, who are they?

Nobody.

*shakes head*

Just.. Nobody.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Best of luck :)

• LeeLee Veteran

@WSS said:

@serverian said:

I give it two weeks.

Wow, it's attitudes like that which causes hosts to fail

@Lee said:

@WSS said:

@serverian said:

I give it two weeks.

Wow, it's attitudes like that which causes hosts to fail

To drink*

Francisco

Thanked by 1Lee
  • For what it's worth, the announcement email was caught in my spam folder (Gmail) and I didn't find it until I read this thread.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Got the email.

@scaveney Pls keep the zombie!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Bad experience, the LA KVM VPS was down for hours without any notification, lost connection in solusVM.
    it happened just few days after migrate to anynode... when it's still hostigation, the vps was really stable for 200+ days.