Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the brand of control panel really matter? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does the brand of control panel really matter?

124»

Comments

• @Francisco

Didn't your company - BuyVM develop it's own control panel? "Stallion" I believe, is it 100% completed now? I would like too see you guy's change it into a unique, and it's own look/style, instead of using a SolusVM control panel styling to it.

What's your plans for it? I remember chatting with you about it and you mentioning things you wanted to roll out with it different from SolusVM or any other control panels in that case, and that your currently running your own version of the control panel but, using the same look/style of SolusVM, which isn't that, kinda copyrighted? Just wondering...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

The design we modified enough over time that 'it isnt really'. We had a chat with them about it and they aren't super happy but so long as we aren't selling THIS design that's free and clear.

We got our own design, etc, nearly done, just waiting on my designer/jquery guy to give me a list of his needs to get 'er all tied up :)

Francisco

• I've used WebVZ, HyperVM, VePortal, SolusVM, and OVZ on my nodes and not once has a client ever cared about anything other than "does it work". In the end, we just rolled our own, because screw having to depend on a third-party to make things work right.