Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most ridiculous excuse and the most brilliant (?) spaming I saw this year! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The most ridiculous excuse and the most brilliant (?) spaming I saw this year!

Comments

• Just ban this email spamming snakeoil hackforums host that has been caught DDoSing competitors in HF

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2017

stefeman said: Just ban this email spamming snakeoil hackforums host that has been caught DDoSing competitors in HF

I feel like I am missing out on so much not being a member of HF.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Guys, regardless of the situation don't belittle or joke about his service. Even if your goal is to attack him, your reducing that contribution for others who have served with honor.

• @KuJoe said:
    Guys, regardless of the situation don't belittle or joke about his service. Even if your goal is to attack him, your reducing that contribution for others who have served with honor.

You actually believe that this kid went to some army camp for 2 months to work under DoD? Thats some next level bullshit.

@stefeman said:

@KuJoe said:

You actually believe that this kid went to some army camp for 2 months to work under DoD? Thats some next level bullshit.

Whether he did or not is irrelevant. There are more legitimate things to criticise.

Thanked by 3WSS raindog308 Pwner
  • @Amitz

Psht. NK probably forces any user with access to their network to use a 10Mbit/s NIC card from the late 80s to prevent mass uploading of secretive data.

Although I doubt that their firewall could hold 10Mbit/s anyway :p

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited October 2017

Eh honestly, if this is true. Host should really stop flaunting the whole I'm in the military. His superiors would likely not approve of this. Oh and good luck with ANY debt and being in the military. The US govt won't fuck around with this sort of thing.

This is a great way to be discharged from the military. The military don't give two fucks about you being at boot camp or otherwise. If you have obligations AKA a company, you better manage things correctly. And those things better not involve debt.

Edit: To add, I don't believe a word the host has stated.

I edit too much: Where did you do your BCT and what is your MOS?

• WSSWSS Member

Shit, I know both of those acronyms and I haven't even looked sideways at service in my history- I never did take orders well.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2017

I guess we'll never know the truth. Also can confirm that I'm not in their system but was with INIZ in 2014 I think? Still in the INIZ system. So not sure about the specifics on where they got their data, but know enough to say that wherever they did, they don't want us to know. That's fine. They won't be missed.

As for the other claims Victor made, he's from San Diego and did join the military. He did drop off social media around the time frame he mentioned. He seems legit. Btw, probably not a huge stretch of wording to say anyone in the military works for department of defense. I'm no expert, but that seems like it could be a thing one could say. Some of you seemed to indicate that it was an obvious lie, I don't think it is.

Thanked by 1pike
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited October 2017

And to think, with a simple forward of this thread to his commanding officer would likely result in him receiving a shiny section 8. Using the military as your scapegoat is low.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: Victor

Thanked by 3jar Amitz Pwner
  • It's too bad that this thread got sidetracked into the question whether @HostSlayer was really in the military or not. As @KuJoe emphasized, this was not the issue. The alleged spamming was the issue. And it's too bad that HostSlayer didn't have the courage to address this issue.

Thanked by 2raindog308 jar
  • @angstrom said:
    It's too bad that this thread got sidetracked into the question whether @HostSlayer was really in the military or not. As @KuJoe emphasized, this was not the issue. The alleged spamming was the issue. And it's too bad that HostSlayer didn't have the courage to address this issue.

Why believe anything he says? That's what I don't quite understand. Lie about one thing, why tell the truth about another? It's obvious these addresses were gathered in a less than honest fashion. What incentive does he have to admit to it? Do a couple searches on the guy... He might even run a day care.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2017

@MCHPhil said:

@angstrom said:
    It's too bad that this thread got sidetracked into the question whether @HostSlayer was really in the military or not. As @KuJoe emphasized, this was not the issue. The alleged spamming was the issue. And it's too bad that HostSlayer didn't have the courage to address this issue.

Why believe anything he says? That's what I don't quite understand. Lie about one thing, why tell the truth about another? It's obvious these addresses were gathered in a less than honest fashion. What incentive does he have to admit to it? Do a couple searches on the guy... He might even run a day care.

As a general observation, it's fairly typical for human beings to lie about some things and to tell the truth about other things, but, again, really, the military was not the issue here:

• Suppose that @HostSlayer was in the military. He could still have been spamming.

• Suppose that HostSlayer wasn't in the military. He could still have been spamming.

If you read the opening post again, you'll see that HostSlayer mentioned the military to try to excuse himself from having disappeared for a while. The issue of possible spamming was brought up by the OP (= @jvnadr). HostSlayer seemed to be unaware that he was spamming. Whether he really was unaware that he was spamming remains an open question ([edit] but the fact that he didn't return to address the question makes him look guilty).

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited October 2017

@raindog308 said:

I guess the action that triggered this thread as well as the thread is subsumed as "marketing" by hostslayer then.

@Hostslayer

You are pretty good in driving potential clients away. It certainly worked with me.

• @bsdguy said:
    I assume> @raindog308 said:

I guess the action that triggered this thread as well as the thread is subsumed as "marketing" by hostslayer then.

What’s key is the interruption of marketing by Netflix. From this, we can discern that due to the distraction of quality original TV and a selection of classic shows and movies, @hostlayer failed to pay attention fully whilst ‘marketing’ and accidentally sent emails to addresses that he wasn’t supposed to.

Fucking millenials and their fucking Netflix.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ iKeyZ

bsdguy said: You are pretty good in driving potential clients away.

And on that note I dumped his latest offer thread from Oct 14 as well.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2017

angstrom said: If you read the opening post again, you'll see that HostSlayer mentioned the military to try to excuse himself from having disappeared for a while. The issue of possible spamming was brought up by the OP (= @jvnadr). HostSlayer seemed to be unaware that he was spamming. Whether he really was unaware that he was spamming remains an open question.

The issue here, at least for me, is not if he was or not in the military.

To sum up: First of all, I did not sign with this provider. Even If I don't remember it (maybe a promo that made me sing in but never pay or a free offer or anything else my almost "alzheimered" mind cannot bring back as memory), there should be something as welcome email and a terminated product in client area. There's nothing. All I have is another spam offer from him in July, IIRC (also, a proof that his emails don't go to any spam folder). And when I entered the client area by reseting the password, there is a statement that this account has not been verified. So, I am 99,9% sure that I have never signed with them and the "DISASTER" username is making my believe even more strong...

That's as of my account. But the real issue here is the letter he sent to his "clients" as an excuse for a poor service (?) that ends to spamming for a "secret offer just for them"! If it was a legit letter for excusing any poor service, then, it would end with an offer (free month, upgrade plan, discount to next billing or, even, asking for opening a ticket for free credit for any downtime).
    But he ends the letter saying:
    And for this I wish to offer you the link to our Special Promotions
    that is not public, only available access through this

show clearly his intentions. Using any military training because of NK, is just the cherry on the cake!

• @jvnadr said: The issue here, at least for me, is not if he was or not in the military.

Then we agree (along with @KuJoe and some others here).

My only problem with your opening post is that you expressed skepticism about @HostSlayer's being in the military, which invited others to chime in with their skepticism about his being in the military. You should have focused solely on the issue of possible spamming, which was the real issue.

I think that no one here now believes that HostSlayer is innocent of the charge of spamming, but it wasn't useful to get sidetracked on the issue of whether or not he was in the military.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@raindog308 said:

bsdguy said: You are pretty good in driving potential clients away.

And on that note I dumped his latest offer thread from Oct 14 as well.

Damn, dropped the banhammer too! Rest in Pieces, HostSlayer.

• WSSWSS Member

Thanked by 3dedipromo MasonR mksh

MasonR said: Damn, dropped the banhammer too! Rest in Pieces, HostSlayer.

I didn't ban, just helped clean up the corpse.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2017

angstrom said: My only problem with your opening post is that you expressed skepticism about @HostSlayer's being in the military

No, I didn't do that. I really don't care if he is or was in a military training. The only thing I am spepticist about is that in a letter to his clients, he claims he joined the army to protect his country because of Kim Yong Un! The whole language he used is just ridiculous! And this cannot be used as an excuse for poor service, in a hosting provider's information to his clients!

• @jvnadr said: angstrom said: My only problem with your opening post is that you expressed skepticism about @HostSlayer's being in the military

No, I didn't do that. I really don't care if he is or was in a military training. The only thing I am spepticist about is that in a letter to his clients, he claims he joined the army to protect his country because of Kim Yong Un!

For the record, I don't see anything in your opening post about the supreme leader. (Perhaps you deleted it?)

I interpreted the following remark as skepticism about @HostSlayer's being in the military:

So, he claims he left his company to his employs because he had to do some super doper extra critical military training, to assure the safety of his country!

But if this -- despite appearances -- isn't an expression of skepticism, then fine.

• He might have fought with ISIS I guess?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2017

angstrom said: For the record, I don't see anything in your opening post about the supreme leader. (Perhaps you deleted it?)

Not in my original post, it is in one in his answers.

HostSlayer said: I am a proud patriot of my country and wanted to join as the tension regarding North Korea is increasing.

Now,

angstrom said: But if this -- despite appearances -- isn't an expression of skepticism, then fine.

It's an expression of skepticism, only in abandon the reliability of a company with this kind of excuse (regardless if it is true or not)

• Its a bullshit excuse for a crappy service, i tried them once and it was soooo bad. I was most likely put on one of the most oversold nodes in the world.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2017

corbpie said: I was most likely put on one of the most oversold nodes in the world.

you were on my SH igel winestra thin client (http://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/Igel/4210/index.shtml) running OVZ in 1 gb Ram 32 GB CF "drive" and an 32 bit cpu?
    :o

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited October 2017

Well, I did some digging and I found from where he has my details.
    He is the previous owner of VenetX that closed in a night and, before that, the owner of VPSdatabase that he closed it in 2014 because he... turned 19 years old and he was not interested anymore!
    I had a plan from vpsdatabase from 2013 (!) for a couple of months. He obviously kept all the database from his older dissolved "companies" and using them to spam offers from his current "company".
    So, people, be careful because he opens a new "hosting provider company" almost every year, he close it and leave the clients abandoned.

EDIT: i also found a legit review for VPSdatabase. Gosh, this guy was always hillarious in marketing terms!

Just got an e-mail from VenetX announcing they're return. Looks like they copied the WHMCS clients table to the new domain because this one has my address with the typo but no sub-account (that I removed after my first post here) and no e-mail history. The WHOIS on the domain is probably fake but it's hosted on the same server as HostSlayer.com (and the IP is SWIP'ed to HostSlayer).

Seriously, this kid is making all of the wrong decisions. I never wanted him banned from here, I just wanted him to admit what he did and move on from there. I wouldn't have even been mad if he came out and said he "found" a database dump from another host online. The lying, cheating, and horribly unethical and immoral conduct is what bothers me the most about this situation.