Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most ridiculous excuse and the most brilliant (?) spaming I saw this year! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The most ridiculous excuse and the most brilliant (?) spaming I saw this year!

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think it is really the time to excommunicate someone.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • HostSlayer said: At least have some respect.

OOOOOkay Mr. chairman of HydraBurx! BTW, in a board, the chairman is one, not all the 3 members of the board! https://hydraburx.com/corporation.html

• WSSWSS Member

Is a Hydraburx headgear for a multiple-headed creature? That'd be pretty cool.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • Just a update - I just checked my email and it does seem I signed up last year, but I got a refund a few days later because the service was so crappy.

• @Stevie said:
    Just a update - I just checked my email and it does seem I signed up last year, but I got a refund a few days later because the service was so crappy.

Perhaps it'd be a good idea to request your information removed from their system?

@HostSlayer said:
    Oh hey there.
    Here we go to the trolling stage. I'm done with you bud. At least have some respect.

Bye.

You really are just making yourself look like an asshole that nobody would want to host with.

I appreciate you are serving or training for the army but your client's do not need to know this.

The email you sent just makes people think you've left HostSlayer as a project kicked to the side until you want to send another offer. The only thing I think was good with your email was admitting there were significant issues during the periods you had to step down.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I've never been a client of HostSlayer yet I receive e-mails constantly from them. I double checked my PayPal and all of my e-mails to confirm that the only e-mails I've ever received have been spam. I'm assuming my info was "acquired" in some form without my knowledge or consent.

After logging into their client area to review my account I can 100% confirm that my info was acquired from another provider (I was even able to narrow down which provider based on a typo in the address).

1) The earliest e-mail they have for my account was May of this year which was an "exclusive offer" e-mail. There are no prior e-mails of new orders, invoices, new account info, or e-mail verification.
    2) The account information they have on file for me is over 2 years old meaning if I had signed up in May I wouldn't have used that account info. I searched my records and there was only 1 other hosting provider that I signed up for in 2014 with the exact same details on file including a sub-account and a typo in my address.
    3) Their WHMCS shows I have one active service in the menu, but when I try to view that service it is empty meaning they only imported the clients table and not the hosting table for WHMCS.

Normally I just flag the e-mails as spam and continue on with my day but after reading this thread and taking the time to track down where they got my info from, this is BS. I'm not sure if the database was bought or stolen but either way, HostSlayer is in the wrong for using it in this manner.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@KuJoe said:
    I searched my records and there was only 1 other hosting provider that I signed up for in 2014 with the exact same details on file including a sub-account and a typo in my address.

I assume the provider it is from is deadpooled now? Curious.

• JohnRoeJohnRoe Member
    edited October 2017

Inside About Us on their page:

We have been in business since 2016 and have registered our company as an LLC on February 2017 under the state of Nevada as HostSlayer LLC. The company is managed and operated by the company HydraBurx Corporation.

Domain registered on 2016-04-17.

So I went to reset password page and let myself in. It asked me to verify my email. I don't know why I registered back then but never verify. Then I check my account details. Phone number of mine registered is the one I stopped using 4-5 years ago. So I am wondering how could you have my old phone number from years back when you were in business for 1 year?

edited October 2017

@MikeA said:

@KuJoe said:
    I searched my records and there was only 1 other hosting provider that I signed up for in 2014 with the exact same details on file including a sub-account and a typo in my address.

They are still active, not so much on here but it looks like they still sell services and have posted about service updates on Twitter recently.

@psycholyzern said:
    So I am wondering how could you have my old phone number from years back when you were in business for 1 year?

Excellent point, the account details they have on file for me are 2 years old... so apparently I used a time machine to register with them.

Thanked by 2hostdare erkin
  • @KuJoe said:

@psycholyzern said:
    So I am wondering how could you have my old phone number from years back when you were in business for 1 year?

Excellent point, the account details they have on file for me are 2 years old... so apparently I used a time machine to register with them.

And why is it that you have NOT shared this time machine with us yet? :/

Thanked by 1KuJoe
  • @KuJoe said:

@MikeA said:

@KuJoe said:

They are still active, not so much on here but it looks like they still sell services and have posted about service updates on Twitter recently.

Tell the name so others can verify.

@Falzo said:

@KuJoe said:

@MikeA said:

@KuJoe said:

Originally they were StormVZ, but now they're known as INIZ. I was trying to find a record of if they were ever hacked or not because if they were I didn't want to add insult to injury but right now I don't know if it was sold or stolen.

Thanked by 2Falzo Lee
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

HostSlayer said: If you guys dont believe me its fine. I am a proud patriot of my country and wanted to join as the tension regarding North Korea is increasing. Its really up to you.

Hey, it takes 2 seconds to prove without even having to reveal any more personal info that the public records of an LLC already do, if your telling the truth I don't need to tell you how either :)

Either way, the time to tell your customers no matter what reason or how good of a reason is BEFORE you abandon them, I am sure this translates in to basic military training too :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • I always love to see people fighting each other over something

• WSWDWSWD Member, Host Rep

@KuJoe said:

Originally they were StormVZ, but now they're known as INIZ. I was trying to find a record of if they were ever hacked or not because if they were I didn't want to add insult to injury but right now I don't know if it was sold or stolen.

I had a small VPS with INIZ for some time and so far I have not received this spam. Was kinda hoping I did to narrow this down further. Perhaps the database is from the StormVZ days before it became INIZ.

• WSWDWSWD Member, Host Rep

@psycholyzern said:
    Inside About Us on their page:
    ```
    We have been in business since 2016 and have registered our company as an LLC on February 2017 under the state of Nevada as HostSlayer LLC. The company is managed and operated by the company HydraBurx Corporation.

Oh boy! He's in California, conducting all of his business(es) from California, yet registered his LLC in Nevada to hide from paying the $800/year California corporate tax. The CA Secretary of State would love to hear this one. :)

• @WSWD said:

@KuJoe said:

I had a small VPS with INIZ for some time and so far I have not received this spam. Was kinda hoping I did to narrow this down further. Perhaps the database is from the StormVZ days before it became INIZ.

I don't believe Kishan has sold customer data and it must not be within the last year as I've been a client of INIZ and not been receiving this spam. I've sent Kishan a message and said he should look into this.

• From bushmaster to master reseller

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited October 2017

@WSWD said:

@KuJoe said:

I was with StormVZ from the very beginning until well after Patrick departed and I don’t have the spam.

Edit: just checked and I can still login to my Iniz account despite asking for it to be deleted a few years back.

Thanked by 1Falzo

@Nekki said:

@WSWD said:

@KuJoe said:

I was with StormVZ from the very beginning until well after Patrick departed and I don’t have the spam.

Edit: just checked and I can still login to my Iniz account despite asking for it to be deleted a few years back.

Interesting. I checked all of my records and only one other host I've signed up with had the typo but none of the other account details match up to it where as my StormVZ/INIZ account details match up perfectly for both the main account and the sub-account which had a phone number that was only used briefly (definitely not used in 2016 or 2017 when this company was created).

edited October 2017

I see that @HostSlayer logged in about an hour ago so I'm assuming he's already seen this thread. Based on his past replies I don't want to turn this into a typical LET thread so I'd like to help him out if he'll accept it.

Just reply to this thread with the truth of where you got some of our details, it's the best thing you can do from a PR standpoint here. I completely understand why you would "borrow" somebody else's database. It's 2017 and you're trying to get into an already saturated market where the margins are minimal and a lot of the clients are brutal. You saw an opportunity to tap into existing clients in the market so you added them to your database and blasted out some marketing e-mails (I won't even call them spam in this post even though they were unsolicited and lacked an unsubscribe option). We all make mistakes, it's part of learning something new. I would be lying if I said I hadn't made my fair share of mistakes myself over the years. Just own it and we can all move on. Telling the truth now when your company is young is what will set you apart from the deadpooled hosts that have come before us.

• LeeLee Veteran

I Also have an active INIZ account from 2012, been dormant since 2013, no spam.

@Lee said:
    I Also have an active INIZ account from 2012, been dormant since 2013, no spam.

Maybe it was a partial database dump or I signed up with another company with a typo in my address that didn't send out any e-mails the whole time I was a client. Either way, the timeline of that address and phone number do not add up to when @HostSlayer claims to have created the company. If he was willing to provide me with information that only he has access to (like the registration date) I could clear StormVZ/INIZ's name but I doubt I'll get an accurate answer from them at this point. :(

• JohnRoeJohnRoe Member
    edited October 2017

@KuJoe said:

@Falzo said:

@KuJoe said:

@MikeA said:

@KuJoe said:

I don't think they are the source for our details in hostslayer. Because my address in Iniz is shorter. Btw, I used Iniz service back then so no wonder they have my old phone number.

• LeeLee Veteran

KuJoe said: Either way, the timeline of that address and phone number do not add up to when @HostSlayer claims to have created the company.

There is something dodgy here, that we can all agree on :)

Thanked by 1vimalware

@psycholyzern said:

@KuJoe said:

@Falzo said:

@KuJoe said:

@MikeA said:

@KuJoe said:

I don't think they are the source for our details in hostslayer. Because my address in Iniz is shorter.

I hope this is true, I've searched high and low and the only hosting provider that matches the details HostSlayer has perfectly for both the main account and sub-accounts was INIZ. I checked every invoice and there were a few with that address (only one other with the typo though) but there's no way HostSlayer would have known the sub-account details from the other providers. I'd love to find the truth, but for now I'm stuck with only knowing the facts that I have in my inbox. :(

• So, that spammer and identity dealer joined the army to help his country against NK.

Great news for NK! They have a lot of hungry dogs to feed.

Thanked by 1quick
  • I already see him stopping the NK rockets with a shield of spam and a bunch of database records!