Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM VPS Review(BLUE1 $1/mo VPS Special) - Loving these guys! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM VPS Review(BLUE1 $1/mo VPS Special) - Loving these guys!

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Yeah Debian 7 is better :D

• @BlueVM said:
    johnlth93 - Haven't had a request for it... you want it throw in a ticket :)

It's okay since i can stripe it off using the Minstall script

• Finally got ubuntu 12.04 and debian 7. Nice..

• akzakz Member

I couldnt resist been waiting to get a bluevm for a while this can replace my ugvps which expires soon.

• @Wira_Soenaryo - Yeah, Feathur brings a lot of long awaited changes to the table...

Just a quick update: I've finished migrating the first couple of nodes in Dallas and Atlanta to Feathur... I'll probably be adding stock for those locations later today under similar deals as last week.

• @BlueVM when do you migrate the normal Buffalo BlueVM Boxes to Feathur?

• @trexos - The openvz ones are already migrated. The KVM ones are slated for later this month or early September.

• @BlueVM Can't see mine. I opened a ticket :p

• I have my Blue1 Vps from BuyVM now for an week and i must say everything is well.
    The support from BlueVM is very good and fast.
    I'd make a speedtest with https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli
    I think it is a very good result

And it has an acceptable ping from Germany

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited August 2013

@marcohald - Glad you're enjoying it... let us know if you need anything.

@trexos - If your still having issues PM me your ticket number and I'll gladly take a look.

• JordanJordan Member
    edited August 2013

@marcohald You mean BlueVM? ;)

I have my Blue1 Vps from BuyVM now

• There pricing is quite good but i don't understand how they're out of stock of 1Gb hosting but in stock of 5Gb? Doesn't make sense to me. But i think you should post another review in 30 days.

• @HardCloud As you would expect, the cheaper plans run out first.

• @J0rd4n said:
    HardCloud As you would expect, the cheaper plans run out first.

But how is there a limited amount of cheaper plans, when if you have the disk space on the server for 5Gb package, but you don't for a 1GB package. 5x1Gb packages is more profit then 1x5Gb package.

• xsetxset Member

@hardcloud they put manually stock 10 at a time to avoid rush in activations, they will add stock when asked

• @HardCloud We have disk on the server for the 1GB packages, but we also want to sell our higher plans. If we don't have the 1GB package in stock, people order the 5GB one instead.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited August 2013

@HardCloud - We have a specific mixture of higher plans with lower plans. If we threw nothing but lower plans on a node we'd end up with I/O issues. If we threw nothing but higher plans on a node we'd run out of disk and cpu... so in reality its the balance that's necessary.

@xset said:
    hardcloud they put manually stock 10 at a time to avoid rush in activations, they will add stock when asked

This is true as well...

• @BlueVM said:
    HardCloud - We have a specific mixture of higher plans with lower plans. If we threw nothing but lower plans on a node we'd end up with I/O issues. If we threw nothing but higher plans on a node we'd run out of disk and cpu... so in reality its the balance that's necessary.

This is true as well...

Fair call, i'll take that into consideration for myself. May i ask who is your node provider that you use for your hosting?

• @HardCloud - Wholesale Internet, though we may be moving it to one of our other datacenters... haven't decided yet.

Anyway stock added.

• @BlueVM said:
    HardCloud - Wholesale Internet, though we may be moving it to one of our other datacenters... haven't decided yet.

Anyway stock added.

I'm guessing you got a custom quote? They're not cheap.

• xsetxset Member

i like it

• wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited August 2013

so, if I buy the buffalo plan, is it possible to have it migrated to LA when it is available?

@BlueVM said:
    HardCloud - Wholesale Internet, though we may be moving it to one of our other datacenters... haven't decided yet.

Anyway stock added.

• @wcypierre - Yes.

@xset - Great :)

@HardCloud - We own the majority of the hardware we have in WSI so yeah custom quote ;)

• jakejake Member

@BlueVM looks like BLUE1 is out of stock in Atlanta. Also, is Kansas going to be offered on Feathur?

• @jake - Eventually yes... we're working in the following order:

Atlanta (currently migrating), Dallas (currently migrating), Illinois (~5 Days out), Los Angeles (~ 9 Days out), Kansas City (~15 Days out)

• Just a quick update. We've added stock for the NEWCP special in Atlanta. ($3/qtr)

• LA server is offline since yesterday...

• @MorningIris

Send in a ticket, I think it's because it wasn't transferred.

• @Jack

I'm getting similar results.

• s3.c34.ca.bluevm.com is totally gone I think...