Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Kimsurfi dedis using paypal just got canceled - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Kimsurfi dedis using paypal just got canceled

124»

Comments

• @EricS said:

Yeah that's what I'm talking about, online.net are only offering the 500gb ssd cached disks to fr customers right now.

• skaska Member

@spekk said:
    P.S. I almost forgot to mention how they amazingly talk to you, feeling for you and making you understand, all in English. I mean I got my info following oles on twitter and trying to translate what he posts on the forum, not my fault I was not born French, I am sorry, maybe pretty soon they will add that condition also, the 'users' need to speak or learn French before ordering.

I've never heard that I can dictate a US company to write in my domestic language just because I am in a different country than the company. Why should that then be the case with other countries and companies?

• trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2013

@ska I ordered over OVH.DE which is the german TLD and I want announcements in German or at least English. But not French ...

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited August 2013

@Maounique said:
    The fact they dont allow resale and limit per capita means they are doing it at a loss, even if not now since space is free, more or less, but soon.

This is the Great Kimsufi Mystery. Apparently, worth writing a thriller about that. :)
    Definitely they think they can afford that many low-end computers that could only return investment in a decade or more.

However, the mystery is what will they do with the horde of low-end users, the majority of which won't buy anything else.

Let's wait and enjoy the show.

• Someone I know just got his KS 2G. He paid using Paypal on the 25th and his payment was confirmed on the 25th as well. However, he's been a OVH customer for some time and they had his ID on file since he's using OVH VOIP as well. If that makes a difference I don't know.

• @Master_Bo said:
    Let's wait and enjoy the show.

Maybe they're doing it to create a longer term market position by getting in early and taking up as many customers as possible?

• ordered a ks2g via paypal on july 28th, got cancelled yesterday and reordered one (yearly payment so i won't be effected by the price raise because of the new antiddos service) and got it delivered today.

CPU model :  Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800   @ 1.86GHz 
    **Number of cores : 4** 
    CPU frequency :  1862.000 MHz 
    Total amount of ram : 1978 MB 
    Total amount of swap : 512 MB 
    System uptime :   13 min, 
    Download speed from CacheFly: 11,2MB/s 
    I/O speed :  120 MB/s 

• People that paid on the 25th with paypal will still receive their server, just received mine.

• skaska Member

@trexos said:
    ska I ordered over OVH.DE which is the german TLD and I want announcements in German or at least English. But not French ...

If you really ordered using ovh.de, then you get announcements in German. You just need to be able to understand German then and use the German mailinglist and forum besides the fact that you get German support.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@marrco said:
    ordered a ks2g via paypal on july 28th, got cancelled yesterday and reordered one (yearly payment so i won't be effected by the price raise because of the new antiddos service) and got it delivered today.

CPU model :  Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2800   @ 1.86GHz 
    > **Number of cores : 4** 
    > CPU frequency :  1862.000 MHz 
    > Total amount of ram : 1978 MB 
    > Total amount of swap : 512 MB 
    > System uptime :   13 min, 
    > Download speed from CacheFly: 11,2MB/s 
    > I/O speed :  120 MB/s 
    > 

Did you need to send documents and all ?

• @Maounique nope, but i already had an account with them.

• It's funny how OVH support told me to send them scans of my ID,CC and a utility bill within 24 hours, it's been 19 hours and nobody contacted me about it and my payment is still on the manual check.