Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Kimsurfi dedis using paypal just got canceled - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Kimsurfi dedis using paypal just got canceled

Comments

• If they keep cancelling orders for random reason, maybe in the end they would only allow orders that are paid in cash, the customer must go to one of their offices in France to pay.

Thanked by 2tux MuZo
  • @rds100 said:
    If they keep cancelling orders for random reason, maybe in the end they would only allow orders that are paid in cash, the customer must go to one of their offices in France to pay.

and.... they have to like how you look before they allow you to pay.

• @xset said:
    trexos if your payment in paypal is pending, then yes, you need to reorder, but I dont know what they will do to NIC with pending Paypal orders and new Credit Card orders, that isn't explained.

PayPal says my payment is done. I ordered 25th.

• @xset said:
    trexos if your payment in paypal is pending, then yes, you need to reorder

Is this something we know for a fact ?

• xsetxset Member

@trexos I dont think they will cancel your order. Perhaps you can contact their customer support on Monday by calling or making a ticket now and give a reference to Oles tweet

• xsetxset Member

@maller I dont think they can cancel already accepted payments from Paypal. And yes, they have stated quite clearly in Tweets that all previous Paypal orders will be cancelled. I have asked for clarification via Tweets, but nobody responds.

• xsetxset Member

@rds100 if your paypal payment is still pending, it will get cancelled. you need to reorder using Credit card.

• @xset nah, i don't intend to. I just wanted to test how OVH's system works, i guess i've tested it now and have an idea.
    I might decide to order again after a couple of months when the dust settles. If it's still available that is.

• @xset said:
    dennisdewit Resellers cant renew servers after 3 months, I would not trust a reseller

I did not now that. I contacted my reseller to figure this out.

• xsetxset Member

@dennisdewit Reselliing Kimsufi 2013 is a dead-end. They have just cancelled all pending Paypal orders. To pay for Kimsufi you need to have a credit/debit card. And there's a limit of 3 Kimsufis per Credit Card.

• Yeah, because getting many virtual credit cards is hard?

• xsetxset Member

@rds100 I guess you would need to be a customer of a such a bank to get virtual credit cards. I dont know any online service that provides virtual credit cards.

Not all banks offer virtual credit cards, so that certainly limits it, plus it will take a while to arrange for virtual credit cards?

Maybe they can also detect whether it is a virtual credit card or not.

Also I'm quite sure they check the IP where the order was placed from to check for resellers.

• My first OVH (Kimsufi) Server was purchased through a reseller mostly because of this reason. I wasn't OK with giving them my CC and wanted to pay through PayPal. Anyone know of any GOOD Kimsufi resellers?

• xsetxset Member

@jeffrey Kimsufi 2013 reselling is not allowed. Why would you support them?

• Even paypal supports instant creation of virtual CC, Many banks offer their clients to create virtual CC on the fly... OVH welcomes you all to next stage of the lottery. Gamble or watch the drama. Its all fun

• @xset:

Hello sir,

While we are OVH resellers, our relationship with them offers us many privileges other clients do not have, such as keeping the servers for as long we want and so on. You can rest assured about this! If you have any further questions on this matter, feel free to ask and we'll be glad to help you!

Kind regards,
    Patrick D.

• xsetxset Member

@peppr paypal dropped the support for virtual ccs some time ago? i think ovh can detect virtual ccs, so they track those already

• xsetxset Member

@dennisdewit I tweeted to Oles about this some days ago, and he said thanks for the info. They dont allow any reseller to order the new Kimsufis. Not even Oneprovider. The reply seems vague to me. They simply can't renew the servers as they dont have any payment methods to pay for multiple kimsufis

• I ordered on the 25th, with paypal, and have yet to receive a machine or a refund. Heck according to them, they have no order from me and i've provided transaction id's and all.

• I was one of those with pending paypal payment and just got reply to my ticket:

Hello,

The orders by Paypal were cancelled.

I invite you to order your KS by CB. I apologize to you for this.

Sincerely,
    Thibaut G.
    Support Dédié OVH.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2013

Naaah, I am done with them. I need them as much as they need me and I am fine with that.

• @Jack said:
    Haha, I wonder if they are going to start the billing from when delivered? It's been 10 days now.

Yeah they said they would when I asked. I'm on day 11 of the 1 to 10 day delivery ETA which was 24 hours when I signed up :/

• DeorDeor Member

@jaubury Hi your order has been cancelled. PayPal is no longer accepted for KS orders. You can place a new order and pay with a card. ^Soph

— Support OVH EN (@ovh_support_en) August 5, 2013

@xBytezz @jaubury Hi, we want to make sure that all KS orders comply with the restrictions listed on our website ^S0ph

— Support OVH EN (@ovh_support_en) August 5, 2013
  • tuxtux Member

No, OVH cheating. It seems they don't known pacta sunt servanda principle.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2013

@tux said:
    No, OVH cheating. It seems they don't known pacta sunt servanda principle.

That is no news, they always found pretexts for kicking people, now it is the resellers stuff...
    Well, I guess there will always be lucky people falling below the radar saying how good OVH is, but, while they are cheap for the low end stuff and even for the higher end stuff, I do not consider trustworthy such a host.

Probably, overall, chances to be wrongly kicked are about the same as with the regular LEB host if we dont consider bankruptcy rates (against which you can defend by selecting a good host and leaving at signs of trouble). If we consider the bankruptcy too, I think chances to be kicked from a regular LEB hosts are higher :).

• @Spirit said:
    Here is his explanation. Because rellers cheating.

but, it is actually OVH who is cheating the average customer by cancelling verified orders, after accepting payment and making them wait full 10 days without a clue.

• spekkspekk Member
    edited August 2013

OK, well, I am still waiting for the "Your order has been cancelled" email, I ordered on the 25th, I am EU, but I made the mistake of ordering using PayPal, my payment was accepted, I have an order in the "Orders in progress", but there is very little chance that I will get the server eventually, but anyway, even if I get it I will probably never try to order from these people again.

Maybe in France there are other laws than here, but it looks like OVH have changed the terms like 2-3 times now, first it was the non-EU restriction, then they added the PayPal restriction, and the third strike was the Virtual Credit Card restriction, all measures were taken of course to protect honest customers, and prevent resellers from taking advantage of them by selling @ a higher price, let's say I will buy that also, still I find it suspicious.

Now let's talk about the NEW and improved ordering process, in order to get your server you need to prepare:

• a copy of your photo id
    • a copy of your credit card
    • a copy of your utility bill

Then, most importantly take a deep breath, and wait, and I mean wait, and maybe you will be one of the lucky few who got one of them dirt cheap OVH servers that are made manually from pure 22 carat gold at the North Pole by Santa and the elves.

Finally, let's talk about the cheap pricing, and how much you get for being an OVH customer aka 'feeling like a BOSS', after checking some time I found a dedicated server, with the following specs @online.net: 1 coeur @1.6 GHz, x64, VT, 500GB HYBRID + SSD CACHE, Unmetered @ 1Gbit/s (100Mbit guaranteed, unlike OVH, which say ("best effort").

But, 9.99 euro right? Ok, how about that 2.99 EURO/month hype , which is gonna be +1.50 EURO more since September for DDOS protection (another change in TOS), so basically 4.49 EURO/month, and VAT is not included in that price. Basically you save 5.50 EUROS per month, a lot of money for some people I guess.

My opinion? They can't deliver, and well, they should have limited stock if they knew that.

'Deliveries will be faster from Monday', let me ask you a question: when was the last time someone posted they received their server?

P.S. I almost forgot to mention how they amazingly talk to you, feeling for you and making you understand, all in English. I mean I got my info following oles on twitter and trying to translate what he posts on the forum, not my fault I was not born French, I am sorry, maybe pretty soon they will add that condition also, the 'users' need to speak or learn French before ordering.

P.P.S. Yes, nobody forced me to order, but nobody forced them to take all those people's money and put it on hold for 10+ days.

Thanked by 2trexos Maounique
  • @spekk said:
    OK, well, I am still waiting for the "Your order has been cancelled" email, I ordered on the 25th, I am EU, but I made the mistake of ordering using PayPal, my payment was accepted, I have an order in the "Orders in progress", but there is very little chance that I will get the server eventually, but anyway, even if I get it I will probably never try to order from these people again.

Maybe in France there are other laws than here, but it looks like OVH have changed the terms like 2-3 times now, first it was the non-EU restriction, then they added the PayPal restriction, and the third strike was the Virtual Credit Card restriction, all measures were taken of course to protect honest customers, and prevent resellers from taking advantage of them by selling @ a higher price, let's say I will buy that also, still I find it suspicious.

Now let's talk about the NEW and improved ordering process, in order to get your server you need to prepare:

• a copy of your photo id
    • a copy of your credit card
    • a copy of your utility bill

Then, most importantly take a deep breath, and wait, and I mean wait, and maybe you will be one of the lucky few who got one of them dirt cheap OVH servers that are made manually from pure 22 carat gold at the North Pole by Santa and the elves.

Finally, let's talk about the cheap pricing, and how much you get for being an OVH customer aka 'feeling like a BOSS', after checking some time I found a dedicated server, with the following specs online.net: 1 coeur 1.6 GHz, x64, VT, 500GB HYBRID + SSD CACHE, Unmetered @ 1Gbit/s (100Mbit guaranteed, unlike OVH, which say ("best effort").

But, 9.99 euro right? Ok, how about that 2.99 EURO/month hype , which is gonna be +1.50 EURO more since September for DDOS protection (another change in TOS), so basically 4.49 EURO/month, and VAT is not included in that price. Basically you save 5.50 EUROS per month, a lot of money for some people I guess.

My opinion? They can't deliver, and well, they should have limited stock if they knew that.

'Deliveries will be faster from Monday', let me ask you a question: when was the last time someone posted they received their server?

P.S. I almost forgot to mention how they amazingly talk to you, feeling for you and making you understand, all in English. I mean I got my info following oles on twitter and trying to translate what he posts on the forum, not my fault I was not born French, I am sorry, maybe pretty soon they will add that condition also, the 'users' need to speak or learn French before ordering.

P.P.S. Yes, nobody forced me to order, but nobody forced them to take all those people's money and put it on hold for 10+ days.

How did you get one with SSD cache, they said that's FR only at the minute??

• @sc754 said:
    How did you get one with SSD cache, they said that's FR only at the minute??

He's not. Well not from OVH. That's online.net offer.