Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Kimsurfi dedis using paypal just got canceled - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Kimsurfi dedis using paypal just got canceled

Comments

• @ztec they pushed this promotion out without getting ready, I do not think it would have been that hard to set the product number at 500, or 1000, and then display an "out of stock" message, and add more stock later, but well, that can't be fixed now, and the wait well, I thought they will deliver it on Monday, its Saturday now, and still nothing, now they tell me they will cancel it "maybe", what's up with that, I know I'm bitching but really, the shittiest experience I ever had, I had one before with santrex, but they delivered eventually the server after 2 weeks

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2013

@nonsense3 said:
    I hate to say it but that Mounique guy was right about them

TBH, I wasnt, at least not entirely, it is worse than I thought, I would have never expected this Paypal stunt, even the EU only stuff was a bit surprising, though I know they discriminated based on where you live in the past, I do not recall them changing rules AFTER they launched the offer and took the money.

I ordered 1(one) KS 2G on Sat 27 more to see if they will really deliver and paid with paypal, since they didnt even get the money, I suspect they will cancel the order because I am reselling or something.

No, fox, this is unexpected, even for me :(

@rds100 said:
    However if they say that we are fraud becase we paid with our business verified account... i would be speachless.

Actually, I would expect it, since they say the offer is only for personal use, paying with a business account would be a "valid pretext" to deny you service.

• @Maounique said:
    No, fox, this is unexpected, even for me :(

You where right about OVH screwing the customers. But ohh well... for 3euros I couldn't resist the deal.

• I think OVH bit off a bit more than they could chew and this is their pity of an excuse to make up for it.. But hey, it sounded too good to be true from the very start.

• they should stop this offer for a while. if they continue to receive new orders it will cause a big problem for them.

1st order (07/25): bc 214*****
    2nd order (08/04): bc 218*****

that means there are approximately 400000 orders waiting to be verified / canceled / processed / delivered. if they are able to deliver 700/800 per day, it will take nearly 2 years to complete.

@isy44h112 said:
    they should stop this offer for a while. if they continue to receive new orders it will cause a big problem for them.

1st order (07/25): bc 214*****
    2nd order (08/04): bc 218*****

that means there are approximately 400000 orders waiting to be verified / canceled / processed / delivered. if they are able to deliver 700/800 per day, it will take nearly 2 years to complete.

That means it is simply impossible. Nobody has 400k orders in 10 days, well, not in this industry. 4 k possible, 400k, no way, even if ppl order just to have fun.

• Peace, folks, looks like someone has just to forget about OVH. After all, Kimsufi 2013 won't change other low-endians positions. The latest events should have proven that.

edited August 2013

@Master_Bo said:
    Peace, folks, looks like someone has just to forget about OVH. After all, Kimsufi 2013 won't change other low-endians positions. The latest events should have proven that.

For me that was obvious from the first moment, it is the name calling and personal attacks that prompted me to follow the issue, now I will point out the obvious all over, so, maybe, next time, if someone does not agree with me will not try to involve the company i work with, launch personal attacks and try to destroy reputations instead of looking at the facts.

• @Maounique said:
    That means it is simply impossible. Nobody has 400k orders in 10 days, well, not in this industry. 4 k possible, 400k, no way, even if ppl order just to have fun.

Oles said 30k waiting for delivered on twitter. Non verified payment is not counted.

edited August 2013

I stand corrected, 40 k are possible in 10 days :)

• JTRJTR Member

It doesn't matter much though, they've closed off sales to all non-EU customers. I guess I have to wait to see what happens with the US site and EU servers... Oles promised that they'd be offering EU servers on the US site on twitter, but at this point I'd take that with a grain of salt.

• @Rallias said:
    God... they just make it fucking impossible for people to buy their services don't they?

Yes, let's all go to the other company selling Atoms for 3 Euros per month.

..What do you mean they don't exist!?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Hahahahahah @zetta made my night hahaha

• They are sure working hard on fixing all the loopholes lol.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This all reads quite confusingly, but all I know is I just renewed (like 1-2 days ago) with paypal on the server I had before this recent promo and haven't heard anything suggesting that my service is in jeopardy. If that info is relevant to anyone's question.

• xsetxset Member

@isy44h112 Olesovhcom @: @ NotCassim are provided deliver KS 30000. it is well with good stock. so we should soon deliver very quickly.

I dont think they have 30,000 orders. I think its just 10,000, but they have stock for 30,000 servers soon

The fact they dont allow resale and limit per capita means they are doing it at a loss, even if not now since space is free, more or less, but soon.

• xsetxset Member

@isy44h112 so you reordered ks2g? i dont think the orders are sequential so you just cant count the number of orders by reducing last order-first orde

• xsetxset Member

41 orders in 5 minutes if you count the difference between orders, is that possible :)

• @xset I placed 3 orders.

1st (07/25): 21471989 paid
    2nd (08/02): 21776194 unpaid
    3rd (08/04): 21809840 paid

is it random?
    mybe I'm wrong. Just my math. lol

• It doesn't need to increase by one.

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

@rds100 A friend ordered 2 ks2gs yesterday and the time difference between orders was 5 minutes and difference in order numbers was 41

they are not all KS, ppl buy other things from OVH too, you know...

• Does renewing a service at OVH generate a new order number? I've no idea how things work there.

• xsetxset Member

@rds100 I think every order is incremented by 50. So 400,000 difference is only 8000 orders in a week, which is possible for OVH. So they might have now 10,000 orders verified and another 8000 unverified = new orders to be reordered using credit cards

• xsetxset Member

next week will be very telling for ovh

• xsetxset Member

Oles:
    deliveries are going to be pretty fast now. it was thought that one-10J we will set the code (the site), it took us 14-16J.

• Damn I want to know if i have to reorder because of this paypal shit ...

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

@trexos if your payment in paypal is pending, then yes, you need to reorder, but I dont know what they will do to NIC with pending Paypal orders and new Credit Card orders, that isn't explained.

Thanked by 1trexos
  • xsetxset Member

I have tweeted to Oles regarding this, but so far he hasn't responded