Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SaaS Deals! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SaaS Deals!

1235»

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Cuntfuck CF broke the joke but I'm pretty sure it still stands.

• @szarka said:

@doghouch said:
    It simply isn’t worth the price. (I can spin up a droplet and perform WHOIS queries/ping/traceroute/dig/etc. in a matter of minutes, for a fraction of the cost.)

Obviously, you're not the target user. I could see some of these tools being useful for integrating into a customer-facing support site. The whois lookup doesn't add much value, but some of the others—like the Chinese Firewall Test or the Reverse MX Lookup—look interesting.

Apart from the GFW Test, I’m sure that there are cheaper options available for about everything else.

Plus, some of the APIs are useless, such as Google PR...

• @rapidcloudspace said:
    Hi, I am new around. I would like to promote our Nextcloud hosting!

I am giving away 5x 15GB Free private Nextcloud hosting account!

We also provide Private Nextcloud Account Hosting Deals
    starting at $5/Mo for 1TB storage space
    and $12/Mo for Unlimited storage space!

Avail of any and take the yearly plan to get 1 month off!

All products have limited stocks to keep the quality of the the service nice and clean.

Visit our Client area to register and apply

Google Drive unlimited cheaper

• hugheseyhughesey Member
    edited October 2017

@doghouch said:

Yeah, it’s really not that hard to query whois.iana.org + the appropriate WHOIS server that is provided. (Alternatively, you can use the WHOIS command)

It simply isn’t worth the price. (I can spin up a droplet and perform WHOIS queries/ping/traceroute/dig/etc. in a matter of minutes, for a fraction of the cost.)

Sure many of the tools are easily done yourself with commands built into some OS's. Not everyone is able or willing to use those commands, however and many prefer integrating via HTTP calls.

Also the more powerful tools like reverse whois, reverse IP etc. are above and beyond what a simple command line tool can offer. We've also got added benefits in our whois API which makes it more useful than a single random droplet/host (i.e. less registrar limits).

Agree that it's not for everyone, it was originally built to assist with some common web hosting support tasks and evolved into helping with some InfoSec tasks.

Thanks for the feedback though :D.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @hughesey I agree that it's useful for ex. web hosting support tasks, but aren't you afraid that someone will just do cURL requests to the tools page?

For example, if you cURL "http://www.viewdns.info/ping/?domain=(domain/IP)" and use HTML DOM to parse the data, you can avoid paying.

• @doghouch said:
    @hughesey I agree that it's useful for ex. web hosting support tasks, but aren't you afraid that someone will just do cURL requests to the tools page?

We do actively monitor for that kind of usage. Generally though, companies with a business need would rather pay for the API rather than spend the development time writing scraping tools that can easily be stopped at any point.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • nyvpsusernyvpsuser Member
    edited October 2017

@bugrakoc said:
    @rapidcloudspace So it's OK for my 180TB bird watching raw footage backup?

Which of course you have encrypted because it is no one else's business what type of birds you watch.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

I have no idea if a service like this exists but is there like a SaaS BGP ip announcement service with ddos protection? I found this via google: https://www.packet.net/bare-metal/network/bgp/ though not sure about that specific company.