Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spamhaus lists Digital Ocean's entire /20 - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Spamhaus lists Digital Ocean's entire /20

1235»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jarland said: @WSS said: So, you're chaotic good?

Pretty dead on actually.

Huh...figured you for a dwarven paladin, but not with that wild-eyed-radical CG alignment. But on the other hand I don't really see you as the elven type.

Half-orc barbarian?

If you all are going to jump in with your "5e has no alignment restrictions" just shut up now, or feel my blade.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarland said: Pretty dead on actually.

Guess you're going to be my next D&D character

Thanked by 1jar
  • Jarland Flagon Mead just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

Thanked by 1sin
  • @jarland said:

@mohamed said:
    I am not surprised that DO got listed since they forward any abuse message to the client and wait for them to act as far as I hear.

Really depends on the issue. Some things you have to shut down right away, some things you should work with your customers on. It should depend on the customer too. You can look at a customer's account and go "Okay, they signed up today and they're doing X, this is most likely intentional" where another you might say "They've been with us 3 years, this server is 2 years old, this is probably not intentional at all."

For every situation, a human must consider the variables and choose how best to act.

This is a very good response. People must look at things from a situational standpoint.. If they were with them for a long time and are all of a sudden going to be listed it could be, were they compromised?????????Did they trust the wrong person/employee and now they are abusing that position...

Obviously if it is something worse... then yes instant take down but if its something where the user should be notified then they should be notified and given a reasonable amount of time to respond if there is proof of the spam... If there is proof of the spam and sending notice to the user has not stopped it then have the company take actions to stop the spam should also be done.

I am not justifying what conspam is doing but.... if they can't provide proof then f off.....seriously.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MikePT said: Interview process seems to be complex. And I was denied pretty straightforward when I applied like a year ago IIRC.

People like actually do fill these? I log into linkedin once a week and have like 2 companies (one of them is always Google for some reason) and 7 recruiters annoy me and i'm by no means - especially by formal certification - an extremely desired expert....

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Nekki how is the IPTV business going?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited September 2017

@William said:

MikePT said: Interview process seems to be complex. And I was denied pretty straightforward when I applied like a year ago IIRC.

People like actually do fill these? I log into linkedin once a week and have like 2 companies (one of them is always Google for some reason) and 7 recruiters annoy me and i'm by no means - especially by formal certification - an extremely desired expert....

Yea well. I get messages every week or so. All asking me to relocate!
    Edit: Gooooogle is watching you... :P

• @William said:

MikePT said: Interview process seems to be complex. And I was denied pretty straightforward when I applied like a year ago IIRC.

Funny thing is mine is always CVPS_Chris. I have not idea how he even found my profile.

• calm people ... every provider in some point is listed in spamhouse ..... this not meen is intentionatly or the provider want to be there. All problems can be solved with patciense.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@William I'm always getting asked to relocate to below average GDP/developed countries and I can't help but wonder if it's not just a ploy to kidnap me.

• @SplitIce said:
    @William I'm always getting asked to relocate to below average GDP/developed countries and I can't help but wonder if it's not just a ploy to kidnap me.

Tell them you are poor and your family has no monies. Send them a picture of your butt to prove it.

• @SplitIce said:
    I'm always getting asked to relocate to below average GDP/developed countries and I can't help but wonder if it's not just a ploy to kidnap me.

It’s not, I’ve tested the waters in the hope of being kidnapped but it turns out that these folks justwant to prop up completely useless teams of low quality locals with a single well-paid highly competent employee.

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

@SplitIce said:
    I'm always getting asked to relocate to below average GDP/developed countries and I can't help but wonder if it's not just a ploy to kidnap me.

It’s not, I’ve tested the waters in the hope of being kidnapped but it turns out that these folks justwant to prop up completely useless teams of low quality locals with a single well-paid highly competent employee.

Kidnapped sounds better, at-least they appreciate your value. In my experience when you are the most competent person in a team you are rarely appreciated at your worth, rather you carry many others.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

so I reported 7 spam emails today with 4 from DO , hope they are taken down . Big spammers from India .
    DO needs to be more proactive with rate limiting stuff in smtp .

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@hostdare said:
    so I reported 7 spam emails today with 4 from DO , hope they are taken down . Big spammers from India .

Appreciate you reporting them. We've made a lot of adjustments to when we do block SMTP. Obviously you can't halt all of it without an across the board SMTP block, which I think is always a reasonable discussion to have. That just hasn't been a decision we've landed on, but who knows what the future holds.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR

@hostdare said:

Or port 25 blocked till the account is verified like Vultr

The spammers are netcore.co.in and casaconsultants.com
    big spammers , send tons of emails daily . I have started reporting them everywhere now

Thanked by 1jar

joeri said: Or port 25 blocked till the account is verified like Vultr

smtp ratelimiting works great in colocrossing .. though ticket amount will increase .

• @joeri said:

@hostdare said:

Or port 25 blocked till the account is verified like Vultr

Still won't help enough in such quantities as it is in DO. This will only increase product buying pain + staff to manage verifications. DO should take semi-automated approach to spam handling. There is paterns. DO jump to the AI, machine learning hype train.

Thanked by 1jar
  • LeeLee Veteran

Hxxx said: FeelsGoodMan ColoCrossing doing an excellent job with their IP space. Just a few minor listed: https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/colocrossing.com

To be fair to CC, that is far better than what you used to see on there.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2017

@Lee said:

Hxxx said: FeelsGoodMan ColoCrossing doing an excellent job with their IP space. Just a few minor listed: https://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/colocrossing.com

I wonder if that /20 is an authorized announcement, spamhaus seems to think not.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Rhys said:

@Lee said:

I wonder if that /20 is an authorized announcement, spamhaus seems to think not.

It isn't, and never was.

That block has been all over the place, it's a very well known hijacked spammer block.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Lee Rhys Kris