Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET Storage Offer + Free Addon + Site Wide Discount - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET Storage Offer + Free Addon + Site Wide Discount

Comments

• @AshleyUk, Waiting since Thursday for order fulfillment. When can I expect it to be done?

• @darkblade said:
    @AshleyUk, Waiting since Thursday for order fulfillment. When can I expect it to be done?

They don't send another email to tell you it's ready-to-use, log in to the client area, check yourself.

• @wilsonkor said:

@darkblade said:
    @AshleyUk, Waiting since Thursday for order fulfillment. When can I expect it to be done?

They don't send another email to tell you it's ready-to-use, log in to the client area, check yourself.

Ash just replied. They are working on my order now. Thanks!

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • Sweet. For <3€/m I'll happily drop my storage Kimsufi :)

• I'm really happy with the support I received too. Put in a ticket late last night and they replied this morning (Sunday!) at 10 am. Thanks @AshleyUk!

• @ashleyuk How come it says $96 but if I change the currency from GBP to USD it shows as $101.22 before VAT?

• @AshleyUK

Kindly please answer. I added you on Skype but no response.

1. Price is showing up as $106/3 years and not $96/3 years
    2. How do I store backup files at this storage drive?
    3. Is it allowed to be install scripts like rsync?
    4. Can I have more Ram/Cpu if required?
    5. am I only allowed to store data on this or I can install LEMP and install website / control panel like ispconfig?
    6. What is data failure % on CEPH storage?

Thank you.

• davidavi Member
    edited August 2017

This is KVM VPS so for point 3 and 5, it is allowed as I am using this way.

• seanhoseanho Member
    edited August 2017

@goodone said:
    @AshleyUK

ZXHost is based in the UK, so their billing is in GBP. The exchange rate on WHMCS fluctuates; I think it's reasonable to assume that at time of posting it was within the $96/3yr limit. Still a phenomenal deal.

1. How do I store backup files at this storage drive?

This is an unmanaged service, so you need to be able to install and use your own software like sshfs, minio, nextCloud, seafile, samba (over VPN), etc. The two-volume setup shows up as a 100GB disk at /dev/sda and a 2TB disk at /dev/sdb.

1. Is it allowed to be install scripts like rsync?

Yup

1. Can I have more Ram/Cpu if required?

I'll let Ashley reply to this; he's usually quite accommodating of custom requests. You can drop him a pre-sales ticket.

1. am I only allowed to store data on this or I can install LEMP and install website / control panel like ispconfig?

Yup, have at it (but do check their Terms of Service). It's a full KVM VPS, not just a storage service.

1. What is data failure % on CEPH storage?

Ceph has an exceptional data reliability model:
    http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/architecture/

Thanked by 1Intelpentium0
  • @seanho said:

@goodone said:
    @AshleyUK

ZXHost is based in the UK, so their billing is in GBP. The exchange rate on WHMCS fluctuates; I think it's reasonable to assume that at time of posting it was within the $96/3yr limit. Still a phenomenal deal.

1. How do I store backup files at this storage drive?

This is an unmanaged service, so you need to be able to install and use your own software like sshfs, minio, nextCloud, seafile, samba (over VPN), etc. The two-volume setup shows up as a 100GB disk at /dev/sda and a 2TB disk at /dev/sdb.

1. Is it allowed to be install scripts like rsync?

Yup

1. Can I have more Ram/Cpu if required?

I'll let Ashley reply to this; he's usually quite accommodating of custom requests. You can drop him a pre-sales ticket.

1. am I only allowed to store data on this or I can install LEMP and install website / control panel like ispconfig?

Yup, have at it (but do check their Terms of Service). It's a full KVM VPS, not just a storage service.

1. What is data failure % on CEPH storage?

Ceph has an exceptional data reliability model:
    http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/architecture/

Thank you for your response! I have talked with him in the email.

All seems good but I wished it did have more outgoing bandwidth and could have 2core CPU at least. I wanted to place the order for 3 years.

• a3Brena3Bren Member
    edited August 2017

@Yura said:

@a3Bren said:
    Anyone bought the storage vps in June or January got the free addon?

I emailed Ashley yesterday, have not received an answer yet. Will see if old customers get same treatment as new ones.

No free add-on for old orders.

• Haha funny I see "the powers that be" updating the freshly-delivered OS via NoVNC :P

/grabbin' some popcorn now

• MikyMiky Member

Any trouble with download speed(s) right now? Just checking, it seems I'm a bit too far :-(

• ndlong75ndlong75 Member
    edited August 2017

@a3Bren said:

@Yura said:

@a3Bren said:
    Anyone bought the storage vps in June or January got the free addon?

I emailed Ashley yesterday, have not received an answer yet. Will see if old customers get same treatment as new ones.

No free add-on for old orders.

me too, old order. I asked for free CPU and still waiting for his feedback.

• davidavi Member

Anyone know how I can use IPV6 block in debain on ZXhost as I am not able to ping ipv6.google.com

• Ordered 2 days ago even with addon request ticket and still nothing. How long it usually takes them to activate this VPS?

• @Golbinex said:
    Ordered 2 days ago even with addon request ticket and still nothing. How long it usually takes them to activate this VPS?

Just going through most current orders currently all should be finished up to now in next few hours.

Thanked by 3davi elofty Golbinex
  • eloftyelofty Member
    edited August 2017

@ashleyuk Any news on deliveries? I ordered before the last update post but I've heard nothing :(

Thanked by 1hawkjohn7
  • this is an awesome deal, but would it ever be feasible for you guys to offer some cheaper plans with ~100-200GB storage? I'd be interested in that

• Broke down and ordered 3 year plan, #9610218094. No hurry for provisioning, I won't have time to use it real soon anyway. Best wishes for a prosperous next 3 years! Among other things that will help make sure these VPS's keep running for that long ;).

• Hi, I have opened a ticket five days ago to request IPv6 but no any response is shown in that ticket.

Would you mind checking it in your spare time?

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2017

Hey guys, no rush when it comes to anything long-term... /thatswhatshesaid

Works great here, incoming bw 30-70 MBps (5-95% percentile) over IPv4 or v6. Good CPU (e5-26xxv4) allowing for seamless hdd encryption. The ssd part is commendable, even though 100GB seems overkill-ish to me... (wouldn't mind if it'd be 10-20 only).

Won't look back at my underpowered Kimsufi :) No deadpooling pweease @AshleyUk...

• @Shot2 said:
    The ssd part is commendable, even though 100GB seems overkill-ish to me... (wouldn't mind if it'd be 10-20 only).

I don't think the 100GB OS disk is local SSD; both disks are SSD-cached Ceph. The two-volume setup is just so your OS doesn't slow to a crawl while you're moving terabytes of backups.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Yep. Still, what OS needs 100GB to perform its duties, i.e. running a 'storage' box?

• seanho said:

Ashley, please make sure this is sustainable; we wouldn't want you to deadpool!

The disk cost alone makes it unsustainable so I mostly hope Ash isn't taking too much of a bath. The best picture I can imagine is that some customer paying full boat prices for a lot of storage left ZX, so the hardware is already paid for, and Ash is turning it back into cash. Otherwise this pricing is so low that it's worrying. Of course I ordered anyway :D. Ash answered my upgrade request ticket quickly, fwiw.

I have, omg, I think it's 6 dedis now. I feel like John McCain who couldn't remember many houses he owned. This VPS will hopefully make me get rid of at least one. I haven't decided which.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2017

What kind of read performance do you guys get from /dev/sdb? I'm currently stuck with 1~3MB/s and the system crawling to a halt... Processes stuck in D sleep, etc. no matter the OS (on-disk or live cd)...

edit: I mean, that's fine, according to my calculations it allows to restore a full 2TB backup in about a month, hence not going over the monthly BW allowance. But I'd never have guessed this would be enforced by limiting HDD speed :P

• @Shot2 said:
    What kind of read performance do you guys get from /dev/sdb? I'm currently stuck with 1~3MB/s and the system crawling to a halt... Processes stuck in D sleep, etc. no matter the OS (on-disk or live cd)...

edit: I mean, that's fine, according to my calculations it allows to restore a full 2TB backup in about a month, hence not going over the monthly BW allowance. But I'd never have guessed this would be enforced by limiting HDD speed :P

I've noticed this too, It used to fly but in the last couple of days the transfer speed has crawled to a halt.

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • I was getting ready to rebuild mine, thought I had borked something during setup when my uploads went from maxing out my local connection to just really slow.

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2017

Don't rebuild yet. I've opened a ticket @AshleyUk, doing some test now, apparently some disks are being added to the system... wait and see?

edit: "looking into this"

• Thanks, I put Seafile on the node, and noticed that when I was uploading the load would skyrocket, so I'm just going through the configurations now to see what I need to tweak to bring it down to a point that I'm not hammering things. I think it just started a day or two ago, but not exactly sure. I'll just let it idle for a bit and wait for a resolution.