Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner 20 YEAR SPECIAL - no setup fee on EX, AX (RYZEN) and MX - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner 20 YEAR SPECIAL - no setup fee on EX, AX (RYZEN) and MX

Comments

• @Nekki said: Tbf I’m now very drunk

Did you get the EX41 yet?

• saibal said: Did you get the EX41 yet?

No, he probably got beaten up by some angry Northerners or his wife. See the Cest Pit.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I'm a gonna try it. Who are Hetzner to judge me.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Hetzner will not let me log in, but yet have not asked for documents. Will keep you updated on progress. I am eating microchips with perinaise.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Hetzner, if you verify me in the next two hours, shit is going to go down. We’re both going to regret it, but we’ll never forget it either.

You have until I black out on the sofa or until 1 September GMT rolls round. Your call, warden.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2017

@Nekki said:
    Hetzner, if you verify me in the next two hours, shit is going to go down. We’re both going to regret it, but we’ll never forget it either.

You have until I black out on the sofa or until 1 September GMT rolls round. Your call, warden.

No worries. They will do nothing until tomorrow. They don't verify people off business times.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Amitz said:

@Nekki said:

No worries. They will do nothing until tomorrow.

My €47 is safe for this evening then. Thank you, sweet Hetzner.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@mikho said:

MikePT said: The IPv6 assignment works much better in Online.net btw.

Now thats a joke... made my day this "monday". I start my work week today so no need to comment on that :)

@FredQc said:
    Well, trying to have a VPS to respond to PING gave me some headache! The Hetzner help pages says to use the gateway IP provided for the dedicated server and when configuring the network in a VM, it is the same gateway.

But it's not working. I found out that I need to use the dedicated main IP as the gateway for the VPS. So this is the same setup as OVH.

Their wiki is a little bit confusing. Took me a few hours to find out what's going on :/

I don't agree, on the two servers I have with them, both running VMs, it took me longer to get the IP then to set it up.

I am actually wrong. Seriously. OVH IPv6 sucks. Hetzner network setup is messy when you need to run Proxmox though.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@FredQc, Thanks with the ticket number. We've have cleared that up with the customer service rep who responded to your request so it won't happen again.

@Janevski - We took down the page for the special offer as a signal that the offer was no longer in place. However, in the future, we will find another way to communicate this while keeping the page active so that you do not get an annoying 404 error.

@Nekki - I think you may have been too late if Janevski already saw the 404 message. We will honor all orders completed before midnight CET. @Amitz is right. You will not get confirmation for your order if you are a first time customer until the next business day. Our sales staff, who confirms the IDs, keeps normal business hours.

@Harambe Hetzner Online does not accept expired IDs for two reasons: 1) Expired IDs are, by their definition, invalid. 2) They are often used for ID fraud and/or other suspicious/criminal purposes, like spamming. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 2Aidan FredQc
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@FredQc said:

vimalware said: Anybody obtain a /29 easily with Hetzner for a personal virtualization host without much headache?

Requested a /29 this morning with "virtualisation" as a justification. This is their reply after 5 min:

For 5 VMs you can use additional single IPs. Please place 5 orders for single IP (one IP per order).   

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
       Produktberatung / Product Advice

Anyway, it seems cheaper to just buy each IP at once.

Don't know what their response would have been if I requested a /27 thought. But my feeling is that this would have been declined.

They were not like this before. I faced the same situation & after telling them a brief about technical terms for which I need subnet, they approved it. You can create VM but you can't assign more than 1 IP in a VM if you have Additional Single IPs. You need subnet to do so !

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Do Hetzner require some form of validation when you create an account?

Most of the time they require a ID Copy.

• @Nekki said:

Amitz said: Anal inspection and sometimes a copy of an ID. I had to send a copy of our company registration, for example.

No issue with the anal inspection, but believe it or not I have no current ID.

How can you live despite having no ID?

• @didtav said:

@Nekki said:

Amitz said: Anal inspection and sometimes a copy of an ID. I had to send a copy of our company registration, for example.

No issue with the anal inspection, but believe it or not I have no current ID.

How can you live despite having no ID?

What do I need ID for? I don’t fly, I don’t drive, the last thing I needed one for is my mortgage and that’s paid off now so I’m not going to need another.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: You can create VM but you can't assign more than 1 IP in a VM if you have Additional Single IPs.

Well, I just tried to reproduce what you said and I can confirm that you can assign multiple IPs to a single KVM. Just add the IP as virtual ethernet (eth0:1 etc) interfarce.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @Hetzner_OL
    I buy a EX41 at August 31.Why I still don't recieve my server..Could you have a look for me?

• Im still waiting on one from the 29th

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hello,

May I suggest that you contact our support team via https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/support/email

Kind regards Katie

Thanked by 2vimalware Amitz
  • Please take a moment to think through what 3-5 working days means, in a German timezone.
    Monday has only just begun after all.

You won't be invoiced from the 31st; rest assured.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Hetzner_OL: Any chance for me to get more EX41-Ssd without setup fee?

• @Hetzner_OL: Any chance for me to get more EX41-Ssd without setup fee?

Nope ;-;

• @levnode said:
    @Hetzner_OL: Any chance for me to get more EX41-Ssd without setup fee?

Not going to work pal.

• @Hetzner_OL

any plans for storage vps? it's one of the most requested things on lowendtalk.

• @Butters said:
    @Hetzner_OL

any plans for storage vps? it's one of the most requested things on lowendtalk.

They're pretty strict DMCA-wise, so you wont be seeding your linux isos from there.

• ehabehab Member
    edited September 2017

if promo is over, this thread should be /closed

• NexusH798NexusH798 Member
    edited September 2017

still waiting for my AX50

• @Nekki said:

@levnode said:

Not going to work pal.

@Hetzner_OL: If it's not, I wonder if there are any reseller plan? I am currently having about 50 servers with you.

• @levnode said:

@Nekki said:

@levnode said:

Not going to work pal.

@Hetzner_OL: If it's not, I wonder if there are any reseller plan? I am currently having about 50 servers with you.

I’m sure their website would detail it if so, but surely raising a sales ticket would make more sense?

Hetzner aren’t your typical LE* host so using their support channels would almost certainly be faster than waiting for a reply here.

Thanked by 3levnode vimalware Falzo
  • No resellers iirc

• @scarecrow said:
    Im still waiting on one from the 29th

Did they come through after 5 working days?

• Nekki said: What do I need ID for? I don’t fly, I don’t drive, the last thing I needed one for is my mortgage and that’s paid off now so I’m not going to need another.

When entering a bar for adults only, or buying liquor etc.