Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner 20 YEAR SPECIAL - no setup fee on EX, AX (RYZEN) and MX - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner 20 YEAR SPECIAL - no setup fee on EX, AX (RYZEN) and MX

Comments

• Good chap! :)

• @Amitz said:
    Doesn't matter. Was a very special pizza. However: Just do it. You want it. And you always get what you want. Don't let sanity win!

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-expensive-pizza

2700 usd per pizza

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi AlanDS, You can see in our wiki article here about VAT (https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Payment_FAQ/en#How_much_VAT_do_I_need_to_pay.3F) that customers from all "other" countries, " will receive their invoice without VAT."

Your server all have a limit of transfer.If you add more transfer or give a unlimited choice.I will buy some.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@ymgswx said:

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi AlanDS, You can see in our wiki article here about VAT (https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Payment_FAQ/en#How_much_VAT_do_I_need_to_pay.3F) that customers from all "other" countries, " will receive their invoice without VAT."

Your server all have a limit of transfer.If you add more transfer or give a unlimited choice.I will buy some.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Amitz said: Just do it. You want it. And you always get what you want. Don't let sanity win!

I want the GPU server but have no idea what I'd do with it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

willie said:

I want the GPU server but have no idea what I'd do with it.

That shouldn't stop you.

• Nekki said: That shouldn't stop you.

True, but just one month of idling is enough to cover the setup fee. So I'll just wait until I come up with a project that needs it.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

willie said: True, but just one month of idling is enough to cover the setup fee. So I'll just wait until I come up with a project that needs it.

Logic, pah.

Thanked by 2willie Amitz
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@jetchirag Yes, I am still on the team. I'm just the messenger, not a member of the top brass. So I don't make decisions regarding sales.

@Falzo is right. Our no-setup fee sales are pretty rare. You can always follow @Amitz' advice.

@teamacc That pizza sounds disgusting.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ Falzo
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited August 2017

Anybody obtain a /29 easily with Hetzner for a personal virtualization host without much headache?

I keep encountering posts on Google about it being denied.

I don't need more than 5 (ip) with my NAT-ing setup for internal stuff.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2017

vimalware said: Anybody obtain a /29 easily with Hetzner for a personal virtualization host without much headache?

I keep encountering posts on Google about it being denied.

I don't need more than 5 with my NAT-ing setup for internal stuff.

I got one without hassle, if that information helps. Justification was "Virtualization".

Hetzner_OL said: You can always follow @Amitz' advice.

Listen to those words of wisdom, everybody! ;-)

Thanked by 2vimalware Hetzner_OL
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Amitz said:

Listen to those words of wisdom, everybody! ;-)

Clearly Hetzner are not aware of the incident involving the toaster, mayonnaise and my genetalia.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Nekki said: Clearly Hetzner are not aware of the incident involving the toaster, mayonnaise and my genetalia.

Really, I am still sorry about this! The toaster was simply too small, but who could have guessed the epic dimensions of your mighty sceptre beforehand?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Amitz said: Really, I am still sorry about this! The toaster was simply too small, but who could have guessed the epic dimensions of your mighty sceptre beforehand?

I had been sending you pictures for months beforehand :-/

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2017

Nekki said: I had been sending you pictures for months beforehand :-/

But you did not mention that the sun goes down for everyone as soon as you stand at the window in the morning, having a hard-on. You just sent me images of your rectum. That's when I fell in love, you remember?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Amitz said:
    But you did not mention that the sun goes down for everyone as soon as you stand at the window in the morning, having a hard-on. You just sent me images of your rectum. That's when I fell in love, you remember?

To be fair, it’s a pretty attractive rectum, and I should know because I’ve screamed at a great many whilst masterbating with a cheese grater over the years.

• Nekki said: To be fair, it’s a pretty attractive rectum

Absolutely no doubt. One in a million.

• I hate you all. I tried to resist...

Just curious, how long it takes to receive invoice after they approve account?

• vimalware said: Anybody obtain a /29 easily with Hetzner for a personal virtualization host without much headache?

Requested a /29 this morning with "virtualisation" as a justification. This is their reply after 5 min:

For 5 VMs you can use additional single IPs. Please place 5 orders for single IP (one IP per order).   

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
       Produktberatung / Product Advice

Anyway, it seems cheaper to just buy each IP at once.

Don't know what their response would have been if I requested a /27 thought. But my feeling is that this would have been declined.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Do Hetzner require some form of validation when you create an account?

• @Nekki said:

Id/passport scan. They validated my account in less than 30 minutes.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Darwin said:

@Nekki said:

Id/passport scan. They validated my account in less than 30 minutes.

Cheers.

No Hetnzer dedi for me then.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2017

Nekki said: Do Hetzner require some form of validation when you create an account?

Anal inspection and sometimes a copy of an ID. I had to send a copy of our company registration, for example.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Amitz said: Anal inspection and sometimes a copy of an ID. I had to send a copy of our company registration, for example.

No issue with the anal inspection, but believe it or not I have no current ID.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2017

@Hetzner_OL: Could you please kindly confirm whether a personal inspection of @Nekki's treasures would be sufficient or whether you always require an ID copy for new accounts?

Vielen herzlichen Dank im Voraus und meine Entschuldigung für den manchmal etwas rüden Ton hier vor Ort. Keine Sorge, wir meinen das nicht so. Wir spielen nur den "coolen" Postpubertierenden und sind dabei ziemlich erfolgreich. In Wahrheit sind wir total nette Erwachsene. Also... Zumindest ein paar von uns. ;-)

Thank you very much in advance and my apologies for the sometimes rather rude tone here on LET. Don't worry, we don't really mean it. We're just playing the "cool" post-pubescent and we're pretty successful doing it. In fact, we're perfectly nice adults. Well... some of us, at least.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

We all vouch for @Nekki

Get him an awesome storage offer and I am sure he will keep it for a long time.
    (P.S: Its really hard for him to resist any tempting offers...)

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited August 2017

Amitz said: Vielen herzlichen Dank im Voraus und meine Entschuldigung für den manchmal etwas rüden Ton hier vor Ort. Keine Sorge, wir meinen das nicht so. Wir spielen nur den "coolen" Postpubertierenden und sind dabei ziemlich erfolgreich. ;-)

Er spricht die Wahrheit. Außerdem bin ich ein berühmter Jäger von ocelots.

Thanked by 3Amitz Frecyboy Falzo

@Nekki said:

Amitz said: Vielen herzlichen Dank im Voraus und meine Entschuldigung für den manchmal etwas rüden Ton hier vor Ort. Keine Sorge, wir meinen das nicht so. Wir spielen nur den "coolen" Postpubertierenden und sind dabei ziemlich erfolgreich. ;-)

Er spricht die Wahrheit. Außerdem bin ich ein berühmter Jäger von ocelots.

Bitte sprechen Sie auf Englisch, cunts!

• Well, trying to have a VPS to respond to PING gave me some headache! The Hetzner help pages says to use the gateway IP provided for the dedicated server and when configuring the network in a VM, it is the same gateway.

But it's not working. I found out that I need to use the dedicated main IP as the gateway for the VPS. So this is the same setup as OVH.

Their wiki is a little bit confusing. Took me a few hours to find out what's going on :/

@FredQc said:
    Well, trying to have a VPS to respond to PING gave me some headache! The Hetzner help pages says to use the gateway IP provided for the dedicated server and when configuring the network in a VM, it is the same gateway.

But it's not working. I found out that I need to use the dedicated main IP as the gateway for the VPS. So this is the same setup as OVH.

Their wiki is a little bit confusing. Took me a few hours to find out what's going on :/

Its messy indeed. Their whole network setup is weird.

Thanked by 1vimalware