Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner 20 YEAR SPECIAL - no setup fee on EX, AX (RYZEN) and MX - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner 20 YEAR SPECIAL - no setup fee on EX, AX (RYZEN) and MX

Comments

• @MikePT said:

@FredQc said:
    Well, trying to have a VPS to respond to PING gave me some headache! The Hetzner help pages says to use the gateway IP provided for the dedicated server and when configuring the network in a VM, it is the same gateway.

But it's not working. I found out that I need to use the dedicated main IP as the gateway for the VPS. So this is the same setup as OVH.

Their wiki is a little bit confusing. Took me a few hours to find out what's going on :/

Its messy indeed. Their whole network setup is weird.

It's not. Learn to use the correct netmask. :-P

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Falzo said:

@MikePT said:

@FredQc said:
    Well, trying to have a VPS to respond to PING gave me some headache! The Hetzner help pages says to use the gateway IP provided for the dedicated server and when configuring the network in a VM, it is the same gateway.

But it's not working. I found out that I need to use the dedicated main IP as the gateway for the VPS. So this is the same setup as OVH.

Their wiki is a little bit confusing. Took me a few hours to find out what's going on :/

Its messy indeed. Their whole network setup is weird.

It's not. Learn to use the correct netmask. :-P

I have, and I still have a node there that we run our backups to.
    But after renting a server from @Clouvider, I'm not sure I'll keep our backup node in Hetzner much further...
    Network works in a simple, secure way. No need to use a messed up network setup.
    The IPv6 assignment works much better in Online.net btw.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • trvztrvz Member

MikePT said: The IPv6 assignment works much better in Online.net btw.

This guy…

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@trvz said:

This guy…

You can read about it in many sources actually.

• Hetzner need ID verification to create an account. I don't like it but I accept. They verified my ID in less then an hour.

• @FredQc said:

vimalware said: Anybody obtain a /29 easily with Hetzner for a personal virtualization host without much headache?

Requested a /29 this morning with "virtualisation" as a justification. This is their reply after 5 min:

For 5 VMs you can use additional single IPs. Please place 5 orders for single IP (one IP per order).   

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
       Produktberatung / Product Advice

Anyway, it seems cheaper to just buy each IP at once.

Don't know what their response would have been if I requested a /27 thought. But my feeling is that this would have been declined.

Yes it's cheaper to purchase less than 5 ip one by one. I think they give good advice about this.

For purchasing ip more than their "one by one ip" limit, I never get difficulties. I just said for proxmox guest ip. I think it is same as virtualization justification ;)

• @akhfa said:

@FredQc said:

vimalware said: Anybody obtain a /29 easily with Hetzner for a personal virtualization host without much headache?

Requested a /29 this morning with "virtualisation" as a justification. This is their reply after 5 min:

For 5 VMs you can use additional single IPs. Please place 5 orders for single IP (one IP per order).   

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
       Produktberatung / Product Advice

Anyway, it seems cheaper to just buy each IP at once.

Don't know what their response would have been if I requested a /27 thought. But my feeling is that this would have been declined.

Yes it's cheaper to purchase less than 5 ip one by one. I think they give good advice about this.

For purchasing ip more than their "one by one ip" limit, I never get difficulties. I just said for proxmox guest ip. I think it is same as virtualization justification ;)

Yeah... but I was concerned about receiving random IPs if ordering one by one. I got six consecutive IPs finally :P

• Nekki said: Außerdem bin ich ein berühmter Jäger von ocelots.

MikePT said: Bitte sprechen Sie auf Englisch, cunts!

Want to know how to titillate an ocelot?

Oscillate its tit a lot.

• Babu!!!!!!!!!

Sorry that was offtopic. Sorry refuse to deal with companies that require me to prove I am who I say I am.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Now thats a joke... made my day this "monday". I start my work week today so no need to comment on that :)

@FredQc said:

I don't agree, on the two servers I have with them, both running VMs, it took me longer to get the IP then to set it up.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@AuroraZ said:
    Babu!!!!!!!!!

Sorry that was offtopic. Sorry refuse to deal with companies that require me to prove I am who I say I am.

Like airlines and banks?

• One bank (been there since I was 18) and I have no use for airlines. Even if I wanted to fly it would not be a commercial airline I use.

• Do Hetzner deliver server first then bills you or is my order in a kind of limbo?

(I received order confirmation mail yesterday, but can't find anything in robot that could confirm the pending order)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host
    edited August 2017

@Darwin - Yes, your last question is correct. Here's how it works.
    1) We confirm your order. If you're a first time customer, this may take longer because we need to confirm your ID.
    2) We set up your server and send you your login details. This step is taking much longer than usual because of the very large demand for the sale servers. Our hardware assembly team is working at full steam to fill the orders asap. This may be why you haven't gotten an invoice yet.
    3) Finally we send you your invoice. You are only invoiced for the time once the server is ready.

@ Amitz and @Nekki - Unfortunately, there limited forms of ID that we can accept. "Treasures", no matter how impressive, obviously do not count.

@FredQC - I'm not sure why your request was denied. There might have been something else in your ticket to justify this. Would you mind sending it? Usually, as long as requests meet RIPE guidelines, we approve the order: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/IP-Adressen/en#IPv6_Subnet.

Thanked by 3Darwin vimalware iKeyZ
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Hetzner_OL said:

@ Amitz and @Nekki - Unfortunately, there limited forms of ID that we can accept. "Treasures", no matter how impressive, obviously do not count.

Thanks for confirming, unfortunately we don’t have many kinds of ID in the UK, and I don’t have a driving license and I’ve let my passport expire so I’ve nothing valid.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2017

Hetzner_OL said: "Treasures", no matter how impressive, obviously do not count.

I love you! I knew it's all up to technique! :-)

Nekki said: and I’ve let my passport expire so I’ve nothing valid.

Wait. You promised me a befuddling night with you on Hawaii this weekend. How will you get there without a passport? Did you really play that hard with my feelings and expectations? I feel hurt.

• Nekki said: I’ve let my passport expire

Shouldn't that still be a valid form of identification though?

You were that person for the duration of your passport, it's highly unlikely that you ceased being that person once it expired :/

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Aidan said:

Nekki said: I’ve let my passport expire

You were that person for the duration of your passport, it's highly unlikely that you ceased being that person once it expired :/

He now identifies as a prancing unicorn.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Aidan said:

I would be surprised if anyone accepted an expired passport as ID.

• @Nekki said:

@Aidan said:

Why would you not be interested in holding a valid passport though? Atleast here in Germany I need it quite often^^

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@Aidan said:

Why would you not be interested in holding a valid passport though? Atleast here in Germany I need it quite often^^

I just haven’t got it renewed yet - I don’t travel outside of the UK often, so I don’t really need one - I actually got one originally so I had appropriate documentation for my mortgage.

• Hetzner_OL said: Would you mind sending it?

Sure. Ticket #2017083003018464

• Why is there a setup fee for EX 41, but all other offers don't have it?

• nobizzle said: Why is there a setup fee for EX 41, but all other offers don't have it?

I see no fee...

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Nekki said:

@Ympker said:

@Nekki said:

@Aidan said:

I just haven’t got it renewed yet - I don’t travel outside of the UK often, so I don’t really need one - I actually got one originally so I had appropriate documentation for my mortgage.

Hmm aight. We here would still need it if e.g. checked by the police when driving (drivers license in this case), University..

• I bit the bullet. Sigh.

such weak. much shame :p

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited August 2017

https://www.hetzner.com/news/20-year-hetzner-special-no-setup-fees-on-selected-servers/

SEITE NICHT GEFUNDEN - FEHLER 404
    Entschuldigung, möglicherweise versuchen Sie eine Seite zu erreichen die nicht existiert.
    Bitte überprüfen Sie die Schreibweise der URL die Sie versucht haben zu erreichen und
    versuchen Sie es noch einmal.

Does this mean i win some sort of big prize?

A nice little fuzzy sack of potatoes perhaps?

• lionlion Member
    edited August 2017

@Janevski said:
    Does this mean i win some sort of big prize?

A nice little fuzzy sack of potatoes perhaps?

You're too late

Thanked by 2Janevski Hetzner_OL
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

@Aidan said:

Most places will still accept it, even expired. I had to use an expired passport when I was getting my license renewed, wasn't an issue. Just looking for legit gov't doc with your name + photo attached.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Harambe said:

@Nekki said:

@Aidan said:

Most places will still accept it, even expired. I had to use an expired passport when I was getting my license renewed, wasn't an issue. Just looking for legit gov't doc with your name + photo attached.

Tbf I’m now very drunk, so I strongly doubt I will be in position to do anything at this late stage