Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No refund from host.. Advise please - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No refund from host.. Advise please

Comments

• @deank said:
    That's like life-long saving for some people.

Really do sue the host.

Care to pay it in proxy and collect later ? .. Easy when It's not yours eh ! . Again , matter of principle here .

@MasonR said:
    The ironic thing is that he'd probably have his money back by now if he didn't open a dispute. But he decided to be an idiot and now has to wait even longer while the dispute goes through.

@DatabaseByDesignLLC please report this fool to fraud record as well

And to @yokowasis , @Aidan :

You are not smart as you think If you thought I was not aware of that.

If you think It's ok for any provider not just DatabaseByDesignLLC to think they can Just barge in on a well known forum and start canceling contracts while holding people's money for days without providing even a reason , then I have nothing to say to you .

• HeeroHeero Member
    edited July 2017

You may have thought they'd click "Refund Button" on Paypal. But Refund is not as simple like that in real business. All companies have their procedure. Refunds must be approved by their manager or financial boss. It takes up few days. What if there is no procedure? It's common sense.

• AidanAidan Member
    edited July 2017

itscanon said: I was not aware of that.

Believing that you're aware of anything would be rather foolish on my part.

Do us all a favour and bugger off already.

You:

1 - Bought a Service.

2 - Received the Service as agreed upon.

3 - Decided you don't want it anymore.

4 - The provider graciously said that they would refund you & that it'll take up to 5 days, even though they don't usually provide refunds as per their ToS.

5 - Your pigeon brain gets upset that they shut down your service & you come
    complaining here. (I mean really, do you expect them to host you for free??)

6 - You commit fraud by disputing the payment.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The hell? What are you giving him a shovel for? He doesn't know how to use such a thing.

Thanked by 3Aidan netomx cassa
  • @Aidan said:

You:

1 - Bought a Service.

4 - The provider graciously said that they would refund you & that it'll take up to 5 days, even though they don't usually provide refunds as per their ToS.

You Just made my evening great Thank you

Thanked by 2Aidan netomx
  • lurchlurch Member
    edited July 2017

They said it would take up to 5 days why not wait until day 6 and if money hasn't been returned then escalate the matter simple. They did you a favour by offering a refund for a yearly service which they don't normally do they could have easily said sorry no refund. Support staff don't generally have access to billing and the ability to make refunds so needs someone else to do it. They would probably verify you haven't abused their services while you used them. So now you've escalated it to paypal and now the funds are being withheld by them not the host. You ended up shooting yourself in the foot.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @DatabaseByDesignLLC if you have trouble selling the 17.76$ offer to another customer, I will gladly help you out and take it off your hands.

@Itscanon I dont know how laws are in your country, but in mine the law states a 14 day window for refunds. I wouldnt like it if it took that long and Id probably avoid buying from that shop again, but I definitely wouldnt start a chargeback over it.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • WSSWSS Member

@Aidan said:
    1 - Bought a Service.

Not to mention he received an UNMONITORED, UNMANAGED SERVICE and was having a shit fit because the vendor told him to hit up Google.. but he tried to make them look bad because it took a few days from payment to a physical node setup.

I would have outright banned him, opened a note with my payment vendor about this possible fraudulent user, and added them to my shitlist.

Since the stupid fuck opened a PayPal dispute for hardware that can be proven has been delivered, he's now out $213. I'll make sure PayPal sees this thread if necessary. ;)

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

Just womder, this is first time OP bought hosting service?
    Or first time he asks for refund?

For my own experience, I even experienced a refund made by bank transfers by provider, although my payment was made by PayPal, which is taking longer than 5 days.

• @Aidan said:

You:

1 - Bought a Service.

>

Errrm I don't know where to start replying to this, not your smartest post I tell you .. But as long as you are getting something out of it oh well ..

A refund was agreed upon, to be more accurate they offered and I accepted .. As to why and how It is irrelevant to the subject at matter here and belongs to a different section .. TOS or whatever becomes void here .

How did your tinny brain come to the conclusion that I was expecting to be hosted for free is beyond me .. maybe you've been dealing with holes and shovels for too long?! bleh

If making a claim to get my own money back is fraud .. again too many holes and shovels, want a ladder ? :-)

edited July 2017

ROLF. Pure comedy.

On a more serious note, I am starting to wonder how old this person is or whether he has any disabilities because, quite frankly, unless OP is trolling intentionally, this person does lack common sense and perhaps even intelligence.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @WSS said:

Not to mention he received an UNMONITORED, UNMANAGED SERVICE and was having a shit fit because the vendor told him to hit up Google.. but he tried to make them look bad because it took a few days from payment to a physical node setup.

I would have outright banned him, opened a note with my payment vendor about this possible fraudulent user, and added them to my shitlist.

Since the stupid fuck opened a PayPal dispute for hardware that can be proven has been delivered, he's now out $213. I'll make sure PayPal sees this thread if necessary. ;)
    >

You don't cease to amuse with being the clown on most threads .. You don't make any sense, what's with "took a few days from payment to a physical node setup." ..

And what's with the google comment, I am sure posting the tickets would clear up all your attempts to change the subject or anyone else's . In the appropriate section though .

Rest assured, Nobody here has any worries about what paypal sees or not .. Case is simple, and they know how to deal with such stuff.. grow up buddy.

No matter how you or anyone else tries hard to justify It, No it is not OK to hold anyone's money without providing a service without an explanation at least as why to, while being disrespectful to the clients' time or any damage/delay they might suffer because of it .

• WSSWSS Member
    edited July 2017

@itscanon said:
    No matter how you or anyone else tries hard to justify It, No it is not OK to hold anyone's money without providing a service without an explanation at least as why to, while being disrespectful to the clients' time or any damage/delay they might suffer because of it .

I have nothing more to say to you after this, because no matter how many times it has been said, it isn't getting through your gargantuan mammoth skull-

YOU WERE PAYING FOR AN UNMANAGED SERVICE. THIS MEANS YOU HANDLE YOUR OWN SHIT. IF IT PINGS, IT ISN'T THEIR PROBLEM.

He already agreed to refund you. You opened up a dispute with PayPal. Now he can't refund you, because it's in a PayPal dispute. I HOPE PAYPAL FINDS YOU AT FAULT FOR COMMITTING FRAUD AGAINST THIS HOST AND YOUR GENITALS GET INFESTED WITH FIRE ANTS.

Now stop responding, lest we get enough people who click the pretty Flag button and ask for you to have a timeout. I know I have.

• I just wanna go back to buying delicious deals from @DatabaseByDesignLLC , the drama is getting really sad by now, with OP being a massive child and dickwad.

• FalzoFalzo Member

>

@Itscanon I dont know how laws are in your country, but in mine the law states a 14 day window for refunds.

This absolutely. Good service, bad service, doesn't matter. For most countries simply the law will give a vague expression what is to be considered an acceptable timeframe for a refund and I am pretty sure there is no regulation anywhere demanding immediate action.

I wouldn't prefer to wait either, but if that is the way to get my money back rather then have it spent on a service I am not able or capable to use as intended... hmm.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited July 2017

dbl sry.

• @qtwrk said:
    Just womder, this is first time OP bought hosting service?
    Or first time he asks for refund?

For my own experience, I even experienced a refund made by bank transfers by provider, although my payment was made by PayPal, which is taking longer than 5 days.
    >

For the hosting, Yes first time for a dedicated .. I have two VPS at the moment from two different providers though.

Not the first time for a refund of course, but sure a first where the provider shows he is holding the money for the heck of it, without providing an explanation as if he has the right to while being arrogant .

• If the provider is willing to change their policy and refund me for a dedicated server that has been provisioned (that too on an annual plan) just because I am not skilled enough to use the service I bought myself, I am arrogant enough to not accept my ignorance (not googling the solution) and I am stupid enough to expect hand holding support while paying rock-bottom prices...

I will be eternally grateful to them that they even agreed to refund even if they take weeks to refund the money considering that it is a huge favor already.

Thanked by 4WSS netomx ashkulz Pwner
  • lurchlurch Member

@itscanon said:
    >

No it is not OK to hold anyone's money without providing a service without an explanation at least as why to, while being disrespectful to the clients' time or any damage/delay they might suffer because of it.

Err they did provide the service you was the one who cancelled it. You are being disrespectful to them for cancelling a service paid for a year. Not abiding by their terms by waiting 5 days for refund and for opening a paypal dispute.

What damages are you in incurring by waiting?

• @itscanon said:

@WSS said:

Here's the explanation: It's company policy/procedure. Probably they need to check things first, get the right person to make the refund. Usually it's also a workflow related thing. Can't be issuing refunds when you have other work to do.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited July 2017

@Saragoldfarb said:

@itscanon said:

@WSS said:

Here's the explanation: It's company policy/procedure. Probably they need to check things first, get the right person to make the refund. Usually it's also a workflow related thing. Can't be issuing refunds when you have other work to do.

OP has service for a few days, but is making tickets for everything for an UNMANAGED service. The provider suggests he rents a sysadmin if they can't do it, because they are not paying for service, or use Google to find the answer. OP DEMANDS REFUND! The provider offered this shitbag a refund even though it's against their policy, but it can take up to 5 days. Then OP has a shit fit. He explodes on LET and makes himself look like the worthless twonk he is. Then he opens a PayPal dispute, so it's out of the providers hands.

I do hope some of that money goes to worthwhile causes, like @DatabaseByDesignLLC coke and hooker party.

• vovlervovler Member

It's probably the first time I see @WSS not posting some shit comment.

@itscanon If someone says that it will take 5 days to refund you. You wait those 5 days. Period. And you should not open a dispute against them with some ass reason, then you money will be stuck for way more than 5 days.
    What was your 'reason'? Product not delivered? not as expected? Unauthorized transaction?

Thanked by 2netomx joeri
  • This was not intended to be a debate or a review or a support thread .. But let me clarify few things here as this is obviously endless :

Between practically begging for My own money to get it in 7 days and accepting shitty treatment and between getting my money in 30 days without the begging .. I choose 60 days even, even if the amount is 5 times bigger than 200 $.. even if I get 0 $ .

No answer to a ticket asking for an explanation with utmost respect why would they need such long period to process a refund after 48 hours is shitty treatment in my book . Specially when I explained respectfully That this might delay my work. . Further disrespectful attitude later on.

That would be only me of course, I do not expect anyone to agree or to act the same way.

Totally understandable where most of you stand on this when it's about a provider offering such relatively cheap services compared to other LET providers . It turned to something I didn't intend it to but one thing led to another ..

A review with all Info attached would be more appropriate as long as LET rules permits it . Everybody can make whatever they want of it then .

I apologize if this thread breaks any LET rules or if it belongs in a different section .. With all due respect to LET's admins/moderators.

I'm done here for now .. Best regards to everyone.

edited July 2017

You were done in the first post, jackass. All you've been doing since the first post is repeating what you said in the first post like a darn fool.

You've been ignoring every single valid points/questions LET people asked and have only been repeating this: They are holding your money for no apparent reason.

1. They told you to wait 3 ~ 5 days for refund to be processed.
    2. You filed a dispute on 3rd day, claiming that they are holding your money random.

Your "review" or whatever it may be won't hold any credit. You are a liar.

Thanked by 2netomx Aidan
  • lurchlurch Member

So now you wouldnt mind waiting 60 days? What about all the damage it's causing you and the fact it's your money that you mentioned earlier?

The fact the provider is offering deals is irrelevant and people will say what they think check back over some threads and you will see even providers who have offered deals get a hard time. I get your trying put it down to favouratisam but it's not.

Thanked by 2netomx Aidan
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

We had similar customer, used service for 8 months, forgot that maximum chargeback can be done for 6 months back, had service and refund via CC for 6 months only, FR are done.

JabJab said: If you want to ask anything @DatabaseByDesignLLC I suggest using theirs support system. No, LET is not every provider support/ticket system.

some people think, if they do provide such reviews here, it will speed up the process as company will be scared and ignore any terms and conditions.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • qtwrkqtwrk Member

after all I just don't why understand why he can't wait for 5 days ?

I mean , I suppose it's common sense that something like this will be processed in few days , right ? usually 2 - 3 days , for my personal opinion , but 5 days isn't outrages.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Srsly folks, probably time to let this one die. Op thinks he's right, no-one agrees, that's all pretty clear now.

Just let it drop off the front page and disappear into the history interwebs. There are only so many ways to can tell someone they're wrong before you run out of variations.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • JunklessJunkless Member
    edited July 2017

@itscanon said:

Between practically begging for My own money..............

No, nein, nope. It stopped being your money the moment the server was delivered to you in full working condition. So no, they are not holding your money hostage. They are agreeing to do you a HUGE favor by reversing a transaction, accept the loss (you think seting up a server, delivering it to you, answer your unwarrented queries and spending time on you useless tickets costs nothing? If you do, you are not as smart as you think you are) and offer you full refund just because you are too incompetent to utilize a service which you willingly ordered. They are paying for your incompetence, the least you could do is wait a few days.

Also, if you were planning to put production stuff (as you claim) on such a cheap server with your level of incompetence, then you have much bigger problems in store, mon ami.

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:
    Srsly folks, probably time to let this one die. Op thinks he's right, no-one agrees, that's all pretty clear now.

Just let it drop off the front page and disappear into the history interwebs. There are only so many ways to can tell someone they're wrong before you run out of variations.

I think we're all waiting for the mods to take notice and action..

Thanked by 2Aidan maverickp
This discussion has been closed.