Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No refund from host.. Advise please - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No refund from host.. Advise please

Comments

• itscanonitscanon Member
    edited July 2017

@VPSlices said:

I don't buy the story, show us the ticket when they've been disrespectful?
    >

What story ? .. At this point, It's merely a question why would any Reputable company hold client's money for more than 3 days so far without an explanation, disrespectful, hostile support.

Tickets, proof, names .. etc belong to a preview thread , LET has a section for that for a good reason. Until then

There's reasons why a provider could hold your payment, it's just you don't know why that doesn't mean there isn't any.

>

>

As a provider and according to your Thug-Like approach, the client has no right to know why, has no right to ask for his money, and has no right for a respectful treatment ?! .. I do not envy your clients .

• WSSWSS Member

They politely told you it can take up to 5 days for a refund. You were gently reminded to wait those 5 days. Stop being a sniveling little bitch or we shall taunt you again.

Word is that he already filed a chargeback.

• @itscanon said:
    What story ? .. At this point, It's merely a question why would any Reputable company hold client's money for more than 3 days so far without an explanation, disrespectful, hostile support.

You said they're being negative and disrespectful, yet nothing to support this.

A reputable company can hold your few hundreds for many reasons, already pointed out in this thread, but you are simply ignoring it.

My "thug" approach was because we deal with people like you which is frustrating to see.

• @WSS said:
    They politely told you it can take up to 5 days for a refund. You were gently reminded to wait those 5 days. Stop being a sniveling little bitch or we shall taunt you again.

Word is that he already filed a chargeback.

>

>

Nice that you are doing their bidding and kept you up to date about this issue, you failed to mention who "they" are since you are at it ... @DatabaseByDesignLLC

@DatabaseByDesignLLC Since you felt compelled to participate in a vague way .. Can you please explain why you are holding my money without providing an explanation for 3 days now so far ? you refused to provide any explanation via your ticket system .

Why do I have to wait for another 2-4 days ?

• @VPSlices said:

My "thug" approach was because we deal with people like you which is frustrating to see.

People like me , Frustrating to you when one of your clients asks for his money which is his right, or for an explanation at least ? .. Man, you should change your way of thinking on how to run a business.

• kendidkendid Veteran

Did you actually file a chargeback? That would not be a good move...

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited July 2017

If you want to ask anything @DatabaseByDesignLLC I suggest using theirs support system. No, LET is not every provider support/ticket system.

Also if you were told to wait 5 days then just wait 5 days. Holy shit.

• @itscanon said:

Why do I have to wait for another 2-4 days ?

Probably cos they're busy dusting and racking up some insanely cheap servers. Sending over coke might speed up the process I have been told.

• AidanAidan Member
    edited July 2017

itscanon said: it is going to take 4-5 business days to issue the refund

No issue here, other that @itscanon being an absolute retard.

edit: I sincerely apologise that I compared retards to this basket case.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2017

I too have similar case. A provider already refund me (vultr). But my bank said it would take up to 14 days working days for the fund to be available. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ? Why the bank purposely hold my money. I am sure they have enough money to refund me. I REALLY SHOULD SUE MY BANK FOR HOLDING my refund money hostage. Do you know what they say when I ask why they holding my money ? They said that's just how it works ! Can you believe it ? It's just $25. Why can't the bank instantly give me my money ?

Thanked by 4Aidan MasonR netomx jar
  • @Aidan said:

>

Hrrmm so a according to your not so retard thinking, You are ok with any provider to hold your money delaying your work without providing a reason ? .. It's a matter of principle, Obviously something you know little about .

@JabJab said:
    If you want to ask anything @DatabaseByDesignLLC I suggest using theirs support system. No, LET is not every provider support/ticket system.

>

I agree about this part, I didn't intend for this thread to be a support system .. Not a review even.

I apologize if this is breaking any LET rule, If it is please remove .. and I will post in the review section .

@yokowasis said:
    I too have similar case. A provider already refund me (vultr). But my bank said it would take up to 14 days working days for the fund to be available. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ? Why the bank purposely hold my money. I am sure they have enough money to refund me. I REALLY SHOULD SUE MY BANK FOR HOLDING my refund money hostage. Do you know what they say when I ask why they holding my money ? They said that's just how it works ! Can you believe it ? It's just $25. Why can't the bank instantly give me my money ?

Not sure what are you trying to say here, attempt at being funny ? .. Big difference buddy, Vultr ISSUED the refund, While provider here refuses to, no explanation .. Just saying, Heck because I feel like it I can hold your money . It feels like they are doing it as continuance to their hostile attitude .

• But I don't receive the money. The BANK hold my funds. From my perspective of view , we both suffer the same fate. We don't get our money because somebody feel it's okay to hold other people money for a couple of days.

@itscanon said:

@Aidan said:

>

Hrrmm so a according to your not so retard thinking, You are ok with any provider to hold your money delaying your work without providing a reason ? .. It's a matter of principle, Obviously something you know little about .

@JabJab said:

>

I agree about this part, I didn't intend for this thread to be a support system .. Not a review even.

I apologize if this is breaking any LET rule, If it is please remove .. and I will post in the review section .

@yokowasis said:

Not sure what are you trying to say here, attempt at being funny ? .. Big difference buddy, Vultr ISSUED the refund, While provider here refuses to, no explanation .. Just saying, Heck because I feel like it I can hold your money . It feels like they are doing it as continuance to their hostile attitude .

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Seems like this sort of thread is pretty much all LET is these days.

• edited July 2017

@itscanon said:

While provider here refuses to, no explanation ..

Firstly no one refused to refund you. We OFFERED you a refund since you posted in our special thread you'd like one since you were unhappy with the 'lack of support' for a $17.75/mo dedicated SELF-Managed server.

Listen, we have no hard feelings here but it's a little annoying when we clearly provide a dedicated server for rock bottom pricing, it's self-managed and you start to bash us on bad support b/c you don't want to use google and spend 30 seconds researching an issue. You're not even our customer and I'll help you out here. See below:

https://www.google.com/#q=enp1s0f0+or+enp1s0f1+ubuntu

Let's set the record straight. We offered you a refund (which for yearly services isn't normally offered), you accepted, we shut down the server (per security policy) and told you it would take 3-5 business days. This wasn't apparently enough for you, and demanded an instant refund, we reminded you about the 3-5 day refund then you opened a PayPal dispute. At this point we'll let this work it's way through PayPal.

We're not going to make everyone happy, we get that. We try not to be dicks and put ourselves in our customer shoes - always looking at the issue from a 3rd party point of view. This relationship wasn't going to work out so we cut our losses and moved on. Apparently you felt the need to try and bash us for some reason when it's clear nearly everyone in this thread agreed we were being more than reasonable before they knew who it was.

You know there is a saying... if you think everyone in the world is an asshole... maybe you're the asshole.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

How much money are we talking about here?

1k? or 10k?

• $213.12 ($17.76x12)

That's like life-long saving for some people.

Really do sue the host.

• AidanAidan Member
    edited July 2017

itscanon said: Obviously something you know little about

Oh bugger off you insatiable twat.

Next time you should enquire about their refund policy beforehand. Very few serious providers would provide you an with an instant-refund.

Just went through their Terms & conditions - they didn't even have to extend the courtesy of a refund.

Seeing as you've opened a fraudulent PayPal dispute, I've lost what little faith I have left in you. Best of luck to you in your future endeavours, you'll most certainly need it.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2017

Actually opening PayPal dispute is a great idea. PayPal will give the provider few days to provide proof. If I were the provider I will just submit the proof on the last day. Because reason. It's going to be fun Muahahahahaha

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

The ironic thing is that he'd probably have his money back by now if he didn't open a dispute. But he decided to be an idiot and now has to wait even longer while the dispute goes through.

@DatabaseByDesignLLC please report this fool to fraud record as well

edited July 2017

Just responding the dispute on the last day will have driven OP to bloody murder by that time, lolz. Maybe, he will sue Paypal and then bank next.

• joerijoeri Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited July 2017

I hope it will now take 20 days or more before the dispute has been solved because he made a chargeback instead of waiting.

Thanked by 2WSS Junkless
  • @joeri said:
    I hope it will now take 20 days or more before the dispute has been solved because he made a chargeback instead of waiting.

I hope he loses the chargeback and the host has a TOS policy that If somebody chargebacks all services will be cancelled and a refund for the remaining time but takes up to 60 days to initiate

• @FoxelVox said:

@joeri said:

I hope he loses the chargeback and the host has a TOS policy that If somebody chargebacks all services will be cancelled and a refund for the remaining time but takes up to 60 YEARS to initiate

There fixed that for yas.

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC said:
    $213.12 ($17.76x12)

I am ready to take that if you give me 50% discount. It is 2nd hand. Not to mention the hand of the OP. I think it is a generous offer. What do you say ?

• @AuroraZ said:

@FoxelVox said:

@joeri said:

I hope he loses the chargeback and the host has a TOS policy that If somebody chargebacks all services will be cancelled and a refund for the remaining time but takes up to 60 YEARS to initiate

There fixed that for yas.

Yeah way better thanks

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC said:

@itscanon said:

While provider here refuses to, no explanation ..

Firstly no one refused to refund you. We OFFERED you a refund since you posted in our special thread you'd like one since you were unhappy with the 'lack of support' for a $17.75/mo dedicated SELF-Managed server.

Listen, we have no hard feelings here but it's a little annoying when we clearly provide a dedicated server for rock bottom pricing, it's self-managed and you start to bash us on bad support b/c you don't want to use google and spend 30 seconds researching an issue. You're not even our customer and I'll help you out here. See below:

https://www.google.com/#q=enp1s0f0+or+enp1s0f1+ubuntu

>

You are trying to change the subject here, Which is not your level of support .. That I will happily discuss openly in a different thread, in a different section with all evidence .

Let's set the record straight. We offered you a refund (which for yearly services isn't normally offered), you accepted, we shut down the server (per security policy) and told you it would take 3-5 business days. This wasn't apparently enough for you, and demanded an instant refund, we reminded you about the 3-5 day refund then you opened a PayPal dispute. At this point we'll let this work it's way through PayPal.
    >

There is no answer there either to "Why are you holding my money for 3 days now without any explanation ?

We're not going to make everyone happy, we get that. We try not to be dicks and put ourselves in our customer shoes - always looking at the issue from a 3rd party point of view. This relationship wasn't going to work out so we cut our losses and moved on. Apparently you felt the need to try and bash us for some reason when it's clear nearly everyone in this thread agreed we were being more than reasonable before they knew who it was.

You know there is a saying... if you think everyone in the world is an asshole... maybe you're the asshole.
    >

No answer to my question here too .

Cut your losses .. What losses exactly ? .. Would be more accurate that if there is any loss then it's mine, you have been holding my money for 3 days now, During which I could've rented a server .

Offering so cheap servers compared to most providers on LET will sure get you so many friends, You would be not so smart If you thought I was expecting it to be any different .

Simple Fact is, You are holding a client's money without providing any service, without any explanation as to why, not here nor on your ticket system .. Showing nothing but arrogance.

• JabJabJabJab Member

DatabaseByDesignLLC said: we reminded you about the 3-5 day refund then you opened a PayPal dispute. At this point we'll let this work it's way through PayPal.

That is stupid, very stupid. Now you fight the dispute - you delivered service as described, nothing to dispute here for buyer. I am curious what is the nature of this dispute :>

• @itscanon said:

Simple Fact is, You are holding a client's money without providing any service, without any explanation as to why, not here nor on your ticket system .. Showing nothing but arrogance.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but as you opened a PayPal dispute on the payment, it's currently
    not @DatabaseByDesignLLC withholding the money from you, but rather PayPal while the dispute is resolved. Even if you hadn't asked for a refund & disputed while you had an active service, almost any host would have done the same thing & suspended your server at that stage, I honestly don't see why you think they're still in the wrong.

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited July 2017

I love LET for this sort of idiotic drama.

Hey, @DatabaseByDesignLLC, drag this as long as you can. Let OP go nuts. He deserves no sympathy.

This discussion has been closed.