Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System On Grid 1 Year Free VPS = 1 CPU | 1 GB | 10 GB SSD | 1 TB BW - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

System On Grid 1 Year Free VPS = 1 CPU | 1 GB | 10 GB SSD | 1 TB BW

Comments

• @Comey said:
    Hi @sogtech,

Can I still access freetier ?
    I have been using aws for a while and it's too expensive.

if what you said is true, use any provider around here.

• But then we provide KVM which allows user to access kernel compared to Virtuzo VPS which is actually a container service with no access to Kernel.

• Also you will get a lot of API and plugins that we keep on developing into the future without paying anything extra. And we are one of the few who do not charge you when you pause/shutdown your orbit. You get awesome features like Block Storage with 3x replication at no extra cost and by default. Also the very best customer service via chat and email.

• Since this thread is still alive... Is this deal still available?

• nyvpsusernyvpsuser Member
    edited December 2017

@cheapwebdev said:
    Since this thread is still alive... Is this deal still available?

The free tier is still available on the website (you need to enter credit card info though):

https://systemongrid.com/pricing/

• Happy to say that the problems I was seeing last week have cleared up. Give SoG a try... :)

• I forgot to mention thatI'm not from a region where free tier is accessible.:(

• 404 Error

gridbot
    Page Not Found

It seems the page you’re looking for doesn’t exist in this system. Grid Bot’s having trouble finding your request.

• ComeyComey Member
    edited December 2017

OK, so it seems I won't even bother trying, i'll try some Digital-Ocean or maybe Linode I here they are also as good as aws.

• @dns said:
    404 Error

gridbot
    Page Not Found

It seems the page you’re looking for doesn’t exist in this system. Grid Bot’s having trouble finding your request.

When exactly are you getting this message? I checked the link "https://systemongrid.com/pricing/" and it works fine for me. Was it just deliberate mud slinging on us?

• Just to put our official clarification on record as its time. Myself or anyone officially related to systemongrid.com DID DOT START THIS THREAD. I don't even know who started it. There are too many people here who just like to get into the mud slinging fest and the first page at least has many people calling us all kind of stuff. I started hanging out here to make our voice heard and clarify our official position on matters pertaining to systemongrid.com. Also after helping people here and providing support, we have identified at least 2 LET users who abused our system recently to launch a DDoS attack on some unsuspecting Joe. We had a really bad thanks giving week trying to control the fire that we did not start. That issue did certainly affect users and I will not run away from that, but then we have users like @default who made a slam dunk statement of us having serious network issues and then disappeared. I hope the LET moderators can help me edit the first post where the registration link has been put wrong.

• @sogtech said:
    but then we have users like @default who made a slam dunk statement of us having serious network issues and then disappeared

No, I did not disappear, I simply don't have technical info regarding those network issues. I only know that I had an IRC bot as monitor, going offline for minutes, and then coming back online another few minutes, and again offline, then again online. This repeated for a few times, but without logs such as ping, traceroute, or other uptime monitors. To me this is considered a "serious issue". You may have different interpretation of what is serious issue, but feel free to put it on me and consider it my fault coming from my lack of experience.

I thank you @sogtech for your free service and for your efforts to become better. I do not disconsider your work so far, and I totally respect your service and your work so far. Do not try to get me wrong, like someone who throws a dirt at you and don't cares, or some competitor who tries to create negative feedback to discredit you or you service and then benefit from your ruined image. My statement as "serious network issues" is simply related to offline/online/offline service from a perspective of a simple consumer, with not so much technical savvy background.

Thank you again.

• @default don't get me wrong, I am just trying to be cautious here because recently we have come across some suspicious users who have been spreading wrong information about us. We are working really hard to get users like yourself the best possible cloud experience at a very competitive pricing. Thank you very much for clarification as just putting a term "Serious Network Issues" without any explanation is open for interpretation. Different users carry different meaning and interpret it differently. As I said there are already few people out there who are spreading false rumours about us (maybe competitors?). I will accept that we are not the gold standard but we take pride in our work and we are working very hard to reach the gold standard and above. I am spending more time on this forum is just to make systemongrid.com official stand clear and quell/dispel any false information or rumors.

Thanked by 1default
  • @sogtech Can TUN/TAP be enabled on free or paid tiers and is it OK to try OpenVPN on free tier for testing purposes? Thanks

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2017

@JDMcPea said:
    @sogtech Can TUN/TAP be enabled on free or paid tiers and is it OK to try OpenVPN on free tier for testing purposes? Thanks

It's a KVM. If you don't understand that, you probably don't need to be running a VPN.

• @JDMcPea said:
    @sogtech Can TUN/TAP be enabled on free or paid tiers and is it OK to try OpenVPN on free tier for testing purposes? Thanks

Yes, it works as VPN if you want to use it for this purpose.

• Launched today the System On Grid API. Users can now create a permanent key in dashboard and start doing automated operations via API. You can find all the documentation and procedures here: https://api.systemongrid.com

This is a beginning and our plan is to bring all functionalities of our cloud under API and automation. Let me know what you guys think.

• Will be launching OpenBSD and NetBSD soon.

• needavpsneedavps Member
    edited December 2017

so... i'm here again because I sent a support ticket to systemongrid concerning my monitoring of the orbit getting notifications a few times every hour of dropped connections since 8am saturday; going over 14 hours which they apparently don't see anything. Even siteuptime with their 30 minute monitoring has shown the site down twice already but I don't see anything from a mtr/trace even though it's supposed to initiate it after each failure. about 80% is failure to reach the orbit. The orbit itself fail contacting 10 percent of the time.

• sogtechsogtech Member
    edited December 2017

@needvps You are the only one facing this issue as nobody else has complained. I checked the last 24 hour logs and we don’t see any network outages. Also the Email support response time is 24 hours. For a faster response you can use the chat support.

Also not sure why but your VPS CPU utilization spikes very frequently. Are you mining?

• @sogtech said:
    @needvps You are the only one facing this issue as nobody else has complained. I checked the last 24 hour logs and we don’t see any network outages. Also the Email support response time is 24 hours. For a faster response you can use the chat support.

Also not sure why but your VPS CPU utilization spikes very frequently. Are you mining?

Nope. only a few sites that have no traffic. I don't know what you mean by cpu spikes since it has no load and I already configured php-fpm to static so it never goes over memory but I suppose you can blame wordpress!

• Then may be your exceeding network Quota. We will drop packet if you exceed 100 mbps consistently. This goes for either direction.

• needavpsneedavps Member
    edited December 2017

@sogtech said:
    Then may be your exceeding network Quota. We will drop packet if you exceed 100 mbps consistently. This goes for either direction.

no. that's not possible because I already moved most traffic sites off with the last incident and not even doing backups since the sites themselves have no traffic. I temporary turned the site checking off as i was still getting notifications. I was just asking if anyone was experiencing issues with monitoring since there was just too much notifications.

• @needavps said:

@sogtech said:
    Then may be your exceeding network Quota. We will drop packet if you exceed 100 mbps consistently. This goes for either direction.

no. that's not possible because I already moved most traffic sites off with the last incident and not even doing backups since the sites themselves have no traffic. I temporary turned the site checking off as i was still getting notifications. I was just asking if anyone was experiencing issues with monitoring since there was just too much notifications.

This is weird.

• Happy new year everyone!

Today we have permanently banned a LET user who was originating lot of DDoS attack using a free Orbit. And guess what he used to complaint a lot here about Network slowness and finally after analysis we figured out that this Orbit was originating lot of DNS connections simulating a SYN based DDoS. Keep the sessions open as long as possible. And guess what, I was the one who provided him the CC bypass link.

Thanked by 2Aidan szarka
  • XeiXei Member

@sogtech said:
    Happy new year everyone!

Today we have permanently banned a LET user who was originating lot of DDoS attack using a free Orbit. And guess what he used to complaint a lot here about Network slowness and finally after analysis we figured out that this Orbit was originating lot of DNS connections simulating a SYN based DDoS. Keep the sessions open as long as possible. And guess what, I was the one who provided him the CC bypass link.

How did he convince you to bypass CC check? Who is the LET user? From the other thread if you ban billing from outside the US and greater Europe (whatever that is) you should be mostly ok.

• @sogtech good riddance!

• It's not me ;P

• sogtechsogtech Member
    edited January 2018

@Xei said:

@sogtech said:
    Happy new year everyone!

How did he convince you to bypass CC check? Who is the LET user? From the other thread if you ban billing from outside the US and greater Europe (whatever that is) you should be mostly ok.

$hit happens bro! I was trying to prove that we are legitimate and we are not some scam company who is going to sell the Credit Card Info on DW. But as you can see, it backfired. We have elaborate checks in place now. I was Naive to provide a CC bypass link. But for the record, I don't feel bad about it. Out of all the LET users that registered without a CC, there were only a few who abused. And we were able to enhance our security mechanisms. Overall SOG has become a better place.

• XeiXei Member

Out of curiosity was the abuser from Asia or eastern EU?