Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

System On Grid 1 Year Free VPS = 1 CPU | 1 GB | 10 GB SSD | 1 TB BW - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

System On Grid 1 Year Free VPS = 1 CPU | 1 GB | 10 GB SSD | 1 TB BW

Comments

• @WSS you got me thinking. Thanks for explaining. Will look into it.

• soo.. in the last week services has just lost connectivity to the whole internet. Anyone experiencing this? Right now it's been over 1/2 hour and the orbit is isolated from the www.

• @needavps said:
    soo.. in the last week services has just lost connectivity to the whole internet. Anyone experiencing this? Right now it's been over 1/2 hour and the orbit is isolated from the www.

I just tried to access mine by ssh and it timed out. I waited a few minutes and now I'm able to access it.

• We had a DDoS issue and hence there was some outage. We duly apologize for the inconvenience caused. Those issues have been taken care.

• sogtechsogtech Member
    edited November 2017

@needavps there was a user/users who were spiking and hogging internet bandwidth outbound. We have put stricter throttle controls in place to avoid this issue. Things have returned back to normal.

Added Later

We acknowledge there had been few outages in the last week and it was related to the same issue. That problem has been taken care and you guys should not face this issue again.

• I got sick of the 2am alerts and ragedeleted my instance.

• @WSS I hear you man. I apologize for what happened.

• @sogtech said:
    @WSS I hear you man. I apologize for what happened.

It's not your fault some shithead from our very own forum abused your network and caused you sleepless nights. If I find who it is, though, I'll personally skullfuck them.

• @WSS said:

@sogtech said:
    @WSS I hear you man. I apologize for what happened.

It's not your fault some shithead from our very own forum abused your network and caused you sleepless nights. If I find who it is, though, I'll personally skullfuck them.

Frankly shitheads are shitheads, it does not matter whether they are from here or some lower bowels of the Internet. We need to grow up if we have to be taken seriously and considered dependable and reliable. I guess its sleeves up time and back to fixin things.

• szarkaszarka Member
    edited November 2017

@sogtech said:
    soo.. in the last week services has just lost connectivity to the whole internet. Anyone experiencing this? Right now it's been over 1/2 hour and the orbit is isolated from the www.

Yep, it's been up and down like a yo-yo all week. I'm at 99.217% reachability for the past 30 days. No reply to my ticket, either, so not sure whether they're even aware.

Not complaining, since it's free, but not ready for prime time yet, I guess.

EDIT: I see we have a reply from @sogtech above.

• @szarka said:

For what it's worth, I was conversing with @sogtech for awhile about different protocols, design, and other nerdy shit. Guy knows what he's doing. Shame someone took a freeb and used it to DDoS others, causing us all pain. If you can survive LET, you can survive anything.

• @WSS said:
    If you can survive LET, you can survive anything.

I propose this as the new official LET motto.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @szarka said:

@sogtech said:

Yep, it's been up and down like a yo-yo all week. I'm at 99.217% reachability for the past 30 days. No reply to my ticket, either, so not sure whether they're even aware.

Not complaining, since it's free, but not ready for prime time yet, I guess.

Yes someone had been abusing the system. I can't take names here but it should be fine now. But I do not understand why you never got a response to your mail. Can you PM me the Ticket Number please?

Thanked by 1szarka
  • @WSS thanks for the kind words.

• Everyone the only thing I wish to say from this ordeal over the week is:

What does not kill only makes us stronger -- Frederick Nitze

• @sogtech - is it possible to try any of the Photons on the free tier? I think they all have 20GB space requirement or is there a workaround? Thanks

• @JDMcPea said:
    @sogtech - is it possible to try any of the Photons on the free tier? I think they all have 20GB space requirement or is there a workaround? Thanks

Unfortunately Photons are not available in free tier.

• @sogtech said:
    Yes someone had been abusing the system. I can't take names here but it should be fine now. But I do not understand why you never got a response to your mail. Can you PM me the Ticket Number please?

My apologies: I did get a response two days ago and somehow missed it. The response basically said, we see no issues and everything is OK with the network. Obviously, this was wrong. Anyway, all's well that ends well. (That is, assuming it is in fact over: I saw several minutes of no ping as recently as 40 minutes ago.)

• @sogtech said:
    Unfortunately Photons are not available in free tier.

But this is against the entire concept of wave-particle duality!

Thanked by 1uptime
  • sogtechsogtech Member
    edited November 2017

@szarka said:

>

My apologies: I did get a response two days ago and somehow missed it. The response basically said, we see no issues and everything is OK with the network. Obviously, this was wrong. Anyway, all's well that ends well. (That is, assuming it is in fact over: I saw several minutes of no ping as recently as 40 minutes ago.)

No problem thanks for clearing it out. The reason why the team responded as there were no issues as the problem was quite complicated and it took us a while to investigate and do a RCA. You can also say that my team including myself responded there was no problem as we were not able to find the anomaly at the time of the issue. But as soon as we figured the problem, we have come out in the open to accept it. You can also consider this as an official apology and we appreciate your patience with us.

So we have enforced more security filtering, which might drop Ping traffic if the overall link utilization is high. I will continue to monitor the system. But at the same time I will advise to come up with a mechanism to ping at short intervals compared to a continuous ping.

• @sogtech said:
    So we have enforced more security filtering, which might drop Ping traffic if the overall link utilization is high. I will continue to monitor the system. But at the same time I will advise to come up with a mechanism to ping at short intervals compared to a continuous ping.

Wait.. ICMP in 2017? That's as LET as it gets.

• I can also confirm: they do have some serious network issues. However, I simply can not forget it's free, therefore it is not right from me to complain, this is just a confirmation so they can improve their service, if they want to (there is no hurry and no obligation whatsoever).

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @sogtech said:

I'm not pinging continuously. I'm not a monster. ;)

• @default said:
    I can also confirm: they do have some serious network issues. However, I simply can not forget it's free, therefore it is not right from me to complain, this is just a confirmation so they can improve their service, if they want to (there is no hurry and no obligation whatsoever).

Are you referring to this week or you have been experiencing network issues for a while now? I would like to understand more from you. It will be really great if you can help me understand the serious network issues part.

• @szarka said:

@sogtech said:

I'm not pinging continuously. I'm not a monster. ;)

Thats not what I intended. We do have a 24x7 monitoring system in place. If you guys are saying that there have been issues, that means there is something the network monitoring system is not able to capture and I want to seriously investigate that. Your help is greatly appreciated. If you see any issue, feel free to reach me on LET. I cannot assure or promise, but I will try my best to get you an answer.

• @sogtech noticed that network issue myself, since it keeps emailing me about it going down for around a hour. Any ETA when full uninterrupted network access can be restored?

• @Edmond we already put the fix in. Right now its under monitoring. Some people have created a lot of trouble for us.

• @sogtech said:
    @Edmond we already put the fix in. Right now its under monitoring. Some people have created a lot of trouble for us.

Oh okay, lets hope it'll work and no one's going to abuse the bandwidth because it's free.

• POSTCOUNT++;

• ComeyComey Member
    edited December 2017

Hi @sogtech,

Can I still access freetier ?
    I have been using aws for a while and it's too expensive.