Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oversold Brand in Chicago [8GB KVM] - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oversold Brand in Chicago [8GB KVM]

124»

Comments

• I'm in!!!!

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited July 2013

@AnthonySmith said:
    ::troll::

Haven't messed with the signature since they messed up markdown in sigs.... ANYWAY... you are raising expectations with false hopes.... it doesn't matter what you want to call it.... you are imposing limits to act like you are selling something more.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Corey said:
    Haven't messed with the signature since they messed up markdown in sigs.... ANYWAY... you are raising expectations with false hopes.... it doesn't matter what you want to call it.... you are imposing limits to act like you are selling something more.

I was only joking about the sig, lighten up :), your opinion is fine about the rest, it is not one I share though, not sure what limits you are talking about to be honest.

• CoreyCorey Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    I was only joking about the sig, lighten up :), your opinion is fine about the rest, it is not one I share though, not sure what limits you are talking about to be honest.

Sorry I just reread the thread... you aren't imposing limits... you just dont want to make any money. You plan to make $320 per box BEFORE EXPENSES WHEN full.... first you have to fill the box... and take a huge hit until then. You are also doing a 'buydown' on the rent.... no telling how much that is.... I'd say you are paying a good chunk... let's cut out $50/mo on your $320 (that's conservative with that box). Now you are making $270. You are giving out 2*ipv4 and I'm sure you are charged money for your allocation (at least 25 cent each).... So you are paying $35 for ips. Now you are making $235/mo. Regardless if you are 'unmanaged' or not... taking on this number of customers is going to increase the number of tickets period..... Let's say you already have hourly staff and the cost of support brings you $35/mo closer to having to hire another staff member. You are now at $200/mo total...... if you are getting this box anywhere close to $200/mo WITH dual gigabit uplinks and all that bandwidth that they are going to eat....PLEASE do pm me.

I'll let you continue with your charity work and I'll gladly use these boxes to host my customers and support my family. I don't do this for charity but it's good that someone does.

lol @Corey you could not be more wrong, but haters will hate eh.

• CoreyCorey Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    lol Corey you could not be more wrong, but haters will hate eh.

Like I said, if you are able to get the server that cheap please let me know where because I would bring them a lot of business.

• @mpkossen said:
    Where's the order link? :-P

So @AnthonySmith - it's been a while since this you posted this suggestion - any near term plans to turn this into an offering?

@craigb December :)

• craigbcraigb Member
    edited October 2013

@anthonysmith now you've got me wondering if you're gonna be Santa or the Chrstimas Troll ;p. If you can pull it off, that would be most excellent :)

haha, it started as a semi 'I could probably do this' then turned in to 'yes I could do this', now it is simply 'do I want to do this' either way the server for it will be ready in December the decision is, Xen or KVM. if Xen then it will not be quite the same.