Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speedykvm cancel & terminate my vps without any reason !! just beware please - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Speedykvm cancel & terminate my vps without any reason !! just beware please

Comments

• hzrhzr Member
    edited July 2017

willie said: I have to say I've heard that story about speedykvm several times and it annoys me too, issues with this particular customer aside. It sounds like speedykvm doesn't have its act together if it can't decide whether to accept a card before activating the service instead of afterwards.

I politely chose not to provide a scan, was a decent human being, and they are extremely pleasant to deal with.

I have multiple servers with them now and have never had an issue. Maybe they just don't want customers that are whiny assholes.

Thanked by 1jar
  • williewillie Member
    edited July 2017

jarland said:

This is something I've actually explained to you in the past, I'm genuinely not sure if you enjoy feigning surprise, routinely forget, or refuse to accept the intricacies of providing services in this industry at any reasonable scale.

I don't remember such an exchange but I'll take your word for it. That would mean that I forget at least sometimes--"routinely" is possible but I don't have a way to tell.

Nonetheless, to my recollection, I never hear this story about any reasonably reputable provider except SpeedyKVM.

jarland said:

In all fairness you can't determine what about a card looks shady until after you take it.

That's fine. Take the card, determine whether it meets your standards of non-shadiness, and either reverse the transaction (give back the money and don't activate the service), or go forward (activate the service and don't suspend unless there's an actual problem not just the potentiality of one). Taking the payment and activating the service completes the exchange of consideration and the transaction is over: it shouldn't be unwound unless an actual breach occurs. Suspending a running service without an observable fraud or abuse is bullshit.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

& be done with it. Move on.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Op was a bellend, Incero did what Incero do.

Goodnight, everyone!

• williewillie Member

Ympker said:

Ympker that's better than getting completely hosed, but still bullshit. Imagine buying a bus ticket to somewhere, but then when you're halfway there, they refund your money and throw you out of the bus. That's MUCH more hassle than if they just didn't let you onto the bus in the first place.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2017

willie said: That's fine. Take the card, determine whether it meets your standards of non-shadiness, and either reverse the transaction (give back the money and don't activate the service), or go forward (activate the service and don't suspend unless there's an actual problem not just the potentiality of one). Taking the payment and activating the service completes the exchange of consideration and the transaction is over: it shouldn't be unwound unless an actual breach occurs. Suspending a running service without an observable fraud or abuse is bullshit.

So:

1. Accept payment.
    2. Determine need for additional verification.
    3. Refund customer.
    4. Request verification information.
    5. Ask customer to order or pay again.

Any other workflow is "bullshit." Sorry that's an even worse customer experience. Maybe you should just leave this to people who actually do the job. Remember that for every 1 complaining, there are hundreds or more who are not. Armchair expert is such an easy job, I know. Reality isn't always so "black and white." Funny enough if it was done your way, someone else would be complaining "Why refund me first? That doesn't make sense. Just ask for what you want and if I can't provide it then refund me afterward." Actually being the person responsible for making decisions is a little harder than you think.

willie said: Ympker that's better than getting completely hosed, but still bullshit. Imagine buying a bus ticket to somewhere, but then when you're halfway there, they refund your money and throw you out of the bus. That's MUCH more hassle than if they just didn't let you onto the bus in the first place.

That's hilariously irrelevant and not even remotely comparable. Again, maybe you should just leave hosting industry decision making to people who actually deal with customers.

• williewillie Member

You can collapse steps 2 through 5. Accept payment, discuss verification with customer if desired, then either turn on the service or refund the payment, depending on outcome of discussion.

I still don't have any explanation of why nobody except SpeedyKVM seems to do this stuff. Hetzner asked me for verification and I sent it after some discussion (got some privacy assurances from them) and they turned my service on, fine. Other hosts asked for verification that I declined to send, resulting in no service, also fine. I've never encountered any host turning on the service and then turning it off pending verification, and I've dealt with a reasonable number of hosts. Why is SpeedyKVM such a special snowflake?

edited July 2017

willie said: I still don't have any explanation of why nobody except SpeedyKVM seems to do this stuff

Really? Tons do. Especially old and established providers. What you don't have an explanation for is why your narrow scope of view lands on SpeedyKVM instances of this occurring more than others. As many as 2 or 3 times a year, so that surely must be like 75% of their orders right?

willie said: I've never encountered any host turning on the service and then turning it off pending verification

Who says they turned it off pending verification? Suspended could have any number of implications.

willie said: Other hosts asked for verification that I declined to send, resulting in no service

So basically exactly what SpeedyKVM did here? So you have dealt with it after all? Maybe your problem is that you don't read then?

• so on my case where's the 5th step ?

this was the real problem of my issue ..u may directed me to choose some other payment methods ..skrill,payza,webmoney,visa card(not vcc..), paypal ..etc

or just tell me that we dont approve payments from vcc or we have just accepted payment with only paypal ..nop just terminated my account suddenly ..

it's not about getting refund nor verification request ..he doesnt offer me any other payment methods to move on their service ..

@MikeA said:

@harsumas said:
    because of what ?

@alexnjh said:
    They don't want you as a customer. Move on.

I read the ticket in full and there's two things that stand out that caused it;
    1.) You didn't provide all of the information they requested. You gave ID but not card you paid with.
    2.) You make three paragraphs complaining about you getting your money back and them having no right to run the business how they want.

You're just making yourself look like an ass here.
    @jarland said:

willie said: That's fine. Take the card, determine whether it meets your standards of non-shadiness, and either reverse the transaction (give back the money and don't activate the service), or go forward (activate the service and don't suspend unless there's an actual problem not just the potentiality of one). Taking the payment and activating the service completes the exchange of consideration and the transaction is over: it shouldn't be unwound unless an actual breach occurs. Suspending a running service without an observable fraud or abuse is bullshit.

So:

1. Accept payment.
    2. Determine need for additional verification.
    3. Refund customer.
    4. Request verification information.
    5. Ask customer to order or pay again.

Any other workflow is "bullshit." Sorry that's an even worse customer experience. Maybe you should just leave this to people who actually do the job. Remember that for every 1 complaining, there are hundreds or more who are not. Armchair expert is such an easy job, I know. Reality isn't always so "black and white."

willie said: Ympker that's better than getting completely hosed, but still bullshit. Imagine buying a bus ticket to somewhere, but then when you're halfway there, they refund your money and throw you out of the bus. That's MUCH more hassle than if they just didn't let you onto the bus in the first place.

That's hilariously irrelevant and not even remotely comparable. Again, maybe you should just leave hosting industry decision making to people who actually deal with customers.

harsumas said: so on my case where's the 5th step ?

Apparently they didn't like your attitude so they decided not to continue doing business with you. IMO that's about the best scenario you can ask for. If someone doesn't want my money, I much prefer them to be up front about it so I can take my money somewhere else. That's why I don't get why people feel like companies shouldn't have the right to refuse someone service. I totally think they should, because I want to know that they would prefer me to go to their competitors.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2017

@willie said:

Ympker said:

Ympker that's better than getting completely hosed, but still bullshit. Imagine buying a bus ticket to somewhere, but then when you're halfway there, they refund your money and throw you out of the bus. That's MUCH more hassle than if they just didn't let you onto the bus in the first place.

Well if I got this correctly this was due to OP not wanting to provide the requested verfication in full. I can see that this has all been a bit unfortunate of course but OP dropped his cool and started to get get angry. I do not think you can entirely compare this to a bus ride but if you do see it like this. OP paid for the bus ticket under the name of Mr. X. Now he boards the bus and tickets are not checked for a while. On halfway the guy who checks tickets enters the bus and OP has a ticket for Mr. X but the verification he provided is invalid. Guess who gets kicked off the bus (of course not in all cases but we are not talking about public transport here either). At this point OP could obviously provide the requested verification anew (this time complete) however it seems he was not willing to do that hence being suspended&terminated. I would not have acted the same as I would have probably refunded the CC invoice and then requested OP to choose another payment method (e.g. PP) to pay a new invoice giving him a time frame of a couple days to do so.
    I do not know nor inherit SpeedyKVMs standards of verification but I know Netcup also asks for verification and they are very strict about it. Though they ask you about it BEFORE you acctually order the service which is better I guess^^

• Did no-one read OP's ticket?

..and after check the id pelase just unlift my suspuncision on my account asap or terminate & cancel my account and refund my money asap ...

So SpeedyKVM terminated and cancelled his account, and refunded his money asap.

I dont see why he's complaining about that.

Thanked by 2dynamo Falzo
  • dynamodynamo Member

@teamacc said: I dont see why he's complaining about that.

Really missed that last line. @harsumas, you asked for the closure & refund if they cannot approve your account so there is no point in complaining now.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

You should see this whole story in a more positive way: You have had a free VPS for 5-6 hours.

• psb777psb777 Member

jarland said: That's why I don't get why people feel like companies shouldn't have the right to refuse someone service. I totally think they should, because I want to know that they would prefer me to go to their competitors.

To put on more airs, providers better put this line at the very beginning of their ToS.

To be one of our customers is a cherished privilege, not a right.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2017

TLDR; SpeedyKVM won't accept your money, because they are offended by you.

There are a lot of better and offended proof provider than SpeedyKVM, give your money to them. And next time, pay using paypal. Paypal accept VCC.

TLDR;TLDR; Don't become a customer support if you are easily offended.

Thanked by 1harsumas
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

harsumas said: because of what ?

Because your attitude is shit, they chose not to do business with you, go away, yet another misleading waste of time.

Thanked by 2gisadik Aidan
  • kendidkendid Veteran
    edited July 2017

Just a tip : Don't accuse people of racism when you don't understand their motives for doing things... Not just in an environment like this, but in all spheres of life.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • If a hosting business refunded your money and closed my account, then just take it as they don't want to do any business with you and move on.

Posting this sort of non-sense in a forum such as LowEndTalk is just plain stupid. You are labeling yourself in an open forum as someone not to do business with by posting with that ugly attitude of yours. An instant refund is a signal to go away, and don't contact them again. You shouldn't get butt hurted over this.

• You shared your experience, thank you for that. Up to readers/clients to do business with speedyKVM or not .. I personally won't. Now drop it and move on buddy.

In fact I won't consider any provider who called the OP names ( shit,ass, whinner .. etc ).

You don't have to convince anyone about anything, Many conflicting interests floating around .

Good Luck

Thanked by 2dynamo harsumas
  • dynamodynamo Member

@itscanon said: You shared your experience, thank you for that. Up to readers/clients to do business with speedyKVM or not .. I personally won't. Now drop it and move on buddy.

In fact I won't consider any provider who called the OP names ( shit,ass, whinner .. etc ).

You don't have to convince anyone about anything, Many conflicting interests floating around .

very well said!

• PwnerPwner Member

TL;DR

OP came to LET to air his dirty laundry against a host, throwing accusations around without any shred of evidence to back it up. Said host comes to LET, provides evidence for the situation, now OP is still trying to trash that host's reputation even though everyone else who knows that provider also knows their style of support.

End result: Butthurt OP and an entertaining read for the rest of the community.

• SpeedyKVM = SpeedyRefund

• williewillie Member

IAlwaysBeCoding said:

If a hosting business refunded your money and closed my account, then just take it as they don't want to do any business with you and move on.

It would sure be convenient for hosts engaging in shitty behaviour if they could reliably stop word from getting around by occasionally throwing refunds for low end plans after potentially screwing the customer. Unfortunately for them, there are forumz on the interwebs where users of such plans discuss and compare their experiences. LET is one of them.

SpeedyKVM in this incident places fairly low on the shittiness scale compared to some of the stuff we hear about, but still shitty enough that I appreciate having gotten to see the report and the host response. Sure, the customer had poor communications skills to say the least, but that's a separate matter.

• williewillie Member
    edited July 2017

@jarland said:

willie said: I still don't have any explanation of why nobody except SpeedyKVM seems to do this stuff

Really? Tons do. Especially old and established providers.

Can you point to an LET thread describing such an incident with any provider other than SpeedyKVM?

What you don't have an explanation for is why your narrow scope of view lands on SpeedyKVM instances of this occurring more than others. As many as 2 or 3 times a year, so that surely must be like 75% of their orders right?

For every other host I can think of, I see it zero times a year. I don't promise never to have missed any, but things like that tend to stick in my mind.

Who says they turned it off pending verification? Suspended could have any number of implications.

OP said service was running and then he was asked to send scans of his ID and CC, which he declined to send.

willie said: Other hosts asked for verification that I declined to send, resulting in no service

So basically exactly what SpeedyKVM did here? So you have dealt with it after all? Maybe your problem is that you don't read then?

No, absolutely not what SpeedyKVM did. The other hosts asked for verification before turning on the service, not after. So when I declined to verify, the service was never activated. That's a big difference in my book. The former is ok, the latter is not. No service means what it says, not service provided and then withdrawn. Once it's activated, I'm supposed to be able to keep using it as long as I pay the bills and don't abuse it.

Thanked by 2dynamo TheLinuxBug
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited July 2017

Pwner said: TL;DR

OP came to LET to air his dirty laundry against a host, throwing accusations around without any shred of evidence to back it up. Said host comes to LET, provides evidence for the situation, now OP is still trying to trash that host's reputation even though everyone else who knows that provider also knows their style of support.

Honestly, he didn't need any evidence, as soon as I read the OP I recognized the standard shitty operating procedures for Incero. I still don't believe treating a customer like they do in these cases is in any way respectable or worthy of praise. I think the OP has every right to be pissed off with how things were handled, even if his communication skills were not that great.

If I signed up for a service, had it activated and then later was interrogated by ticket about providing proof of my identity or have my account terminated I would probably be a bit offended by it as well. Not to mention, if English isn't my first language and you don't even take some time to explain your self and why you have chosen to terminate my account and part ways, I might likely be extremely upset.

While they may give good support to those they 'like', it seems if they don't 'like' you, you can easily get fucked over by their support and have your server terminated which is what every one of these incidents reads like to me. I would hate to have to walk on eggshells with my host and be worried about saying the wrong thing in a ticket and having them terminate me. How they keep customers with this mentality is far beyond my understanding, especially when there are so many better hosts out there that have support teams that treat their customers like humans and keep open communication with their customers when there are concerns instead of just terminating their account and refunding them without any further explanation.

You guys can stand by your favorite brand all you want, it still doesn't make how they are handling these incidents acceptable or right. The fact the OP had to come here and BEG for an explanation for his issue is also quite insulting! This should have been something well explained and discussed in the ticket BEFORE the account was terminated and refunded, not a case where someone who is confused has to come to a forum and beg to find out why they were treated like less than human.

I don't think the people at Incero / SpeedyKVM are bad people, but they really need to take a step back and consider how they are treating their 'customers' because the methods in use currently are rather appalling. Trading customer happiness for saving time is never the way to handle things! They are trading their reputation for the time they save not dealing with certain customers and it looks an awful lot like they do it so they don't have to 'waste their time' helping people (you know, their job).

I really didn't plan on a wall of text, but I felt some of this needed to be said and I feel strongly that Incero / SpeedyKVM need to step back and re-evaluate how they treat their customers because I don't think anyone should be treated like less than a human and discarded without even taking the time to explain the reason for their actions.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Imagine , when someone buy a Vps. Provisioned. Spent 24 hours to setup the Vps. Move the data to the Vps. And then suddenly the provider deem the customer unworthy of their service. Sure you can refund the money, what about the time and the effort spent on setting up the Vps ? This kind of doing by the provider is categorized as shitty by me.

If you need verification , do it before provisioned the Vps. Due diligence is done before doing the transaction, not after.

I believe the provider only refund the money , If you want to be fair , the developer Also need to refund time and effort the OP put into setting up the VPS.

• Why don't you all read the ticket OP sent prior to this happening? It's been posted on page 1. Here it is again, now with a section highlighted by me:

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM nulldev
  • @teamacc said:
    Why don't you all read the ticket OP sent prior to this happening? It's been posted on page 1. Here it is again, now with a section highlighted by me:

That is because everybody is jumping the gun and taking @harsumas side. SpeedyKVM did exactly as what the OP told them to do, terminate and cancel his account and to refund his money asap.

Now he comes to the forum bitching with a misleading title saying that Speedykvm cancelled and terminated his vps without any reason. Lol comically at best, in my opinion SpeedyKVM did nothing wrong, they just did as what told.

I think SpeedyKVM is on the right here.

• dynamodynamo Member

@teamacc I think the last few comments were more about this part of the ticket:

and this is coming from a company, not a street hawker. Even when the sale doesn't work out, the latter is more probable to let you go to the next vendor without throwing an ounce of insult.

Thanked by 1harsumas