Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much do you pay for internet? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much do you pay for internet?

Comments

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited July 2017

Typical Aussie pricing =AUD$157/month for

• Cable 100Mbps/2.4Mbps up/down 1000GB download/month quota
    • 4G Mobile wifi internet backup device 4GB/month whenever cable is down

HBAndrei said: Fiber 1Gbps for about $10/mo.

Mobile 4G (8GB/mo) for about $14/mo.

wow, i don't think I will see that kind of speed or pricing in Australia within my life time !

Thanked by 1BecomeWebHost
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@eva2000 said:

wow, i don't think I will see that kind of speed or pricing in Australia within my life time !

You may. If NBNCo change their pricing to actually benefitial for the consumers. The current FTTP NTDs are fully capable, it's not a technical limitation they're imposing. It's 100% a money grabbing tactic.

• kingjjkingjj Member

@trewq said:

@kingjj said:
    $95 NZD (~$69.80 USD) for 100/20 unlimited Fibre (no Traffic Management). 1Gb plans can be had for around $160NZD (~$117.50 USD). Unlike our poor Aussie cousins are Government kept their FttH promise and by 2024 84% of NZ will have access to FttH.

We were putting in fiber to the node while you guys were pulling it out. Embarrassing as fuck.

Yeah you have my sympathy there. This FttN/Coax/VDSL/Wireless/Satellite mix that the Aussie Government has settled on only guarantees that they'll have to spend a shed load more money in 10 years time catching up with the rest of the developed world. A rellie in Melbourne (a damned nice expensive suburb no less) can only get ADSL 1 with nothing better coming any time better.

• VitaVita Member

In Serbia, Fiber Optic 50/5 Mbps (Down/Up) is around 10-15€ per month, unlimited traffic (GPON).

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Vova1234 said:
    - That's a really unsustainable offer.

The country is very cheap. I have been using this offer since 2013.

Before I used 50Mbps = 80₴ ~ 8.8$. The exchange rate was different earlier.

Not that transit providers give cheaper prices in Ukraine, hence I too believe it to be quite unsustainable.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

trewq said: You may. If NBNCo change their pricing to actually benefitial for the consumers. The current FTTP NTDs are fully capable, it's not a technical limitation they're imposing. It's 100% a money grabbing tactic.

indeed money grabbing tactic ! NBN HFC is due in my area in July 2019 LOL

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@eva2000 said:

trewq said: You may. If NBNCo change their pricing to actually benefitial for the consumers. The current FTTP NTDs are fully capable, it's not a technical limitation they're imposing. It's 100% a money grabbing tactic.

indeed money grabbing tactic ! NBN HFC is due in my area in July 2019 LOL

God luck! Luckily we are mostly covered down here by FTTP and Fixed Wireless.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited July 2017

$2,000 for a 1.5mbps T1 line

eva2000 said: Cable 100Mbps/2.4Mbps up/down 1000GB download/month quota

is that with bigpond or whatever over coax? Wonder if they're using DOCSIS 3 like comcast, etc in the US are

• @kingjj Yeah I know in the more rural areas of NZ it's pretty much just VDSL which I mean 30 down whatever up isn't too bad at all

• DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited July 2017

50Mbps/50Mbps Unlimited
    Rp. 396,000 ( include Tax ) or about $30/month

But there a promo pay 5 Month free 1 month for Rp. 1,986,000 or about $152 ( 6 month )
    its about $25/month

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

In Canada: 250 down 10 up $100 CAD
    LTE: 6GB plus calling / text in Canada $40 CAD

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2017

@agoldenberg said:
    In Canada: 250 down 10 up $100 CAD
    LTE: 6GB plus calling / text in Canada $40 CAD

Whoah. Where? Bell has me locked in the shittiest deal ever.

Is it Rogers Ignite?

Edit: 6 gigabytes of data for $40? What the hell?

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

ethancedrik said: is that with bigpond or whatever over coax? Wonder if they're using DOCSIS 3 like comcast, etc in the US are

yeah with Telstra Bigpond heh

• $45 for 100/10, I also have the option for 300/20 for around $70 I don't remember the exact price.

• NANONANO Member

USD $23 for 50 Mb DL and 5Mb UL (Chile)

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@DianTama said:
    50Mbps/50Mbps Unlimited
    Rp. 396,000 ( include Tax ) or about $30/month

But there a promo pay 5 Month free 1 month for Rp. 1,986,000 or about $152 ( 6 month )
    its about $25/month

Could you please test SG and LA location?

• 10241024 Member
    edited July 2017

Fiber : 20 Mbps up/200 Mbps down $4.5/month

• jEpjEp Member

VDSL2 100/50 unlimited traffic 12€/month

• edited July 2017

@trewq said:

@eva2000 said:

You may. If NBNCo change their pricing to actually benefitial for the consumers. The current FTTP NTDs are fully capable, it's not a technical limitation they're imposing. It's 100% a money grabbing tactic.

It could be a way to justify their continued use of the pre-existing copper network.

By advertising both technologies as having the same max speeds gives them reasoning to cheap out on delivering FTTP everywhere.

But my knowledge of the NBN is a bit spotty, so I could be completely wrong.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@doghouch Yes that's rogers ignite for home, and Freedom / Wind Mobile for LTE data. I'm on a special plan for long term customers for the LTE data.

• kingjjkingjj Member

@ethancedrik said:
    @kingjj Yeah I know in the more rural areas of NZ it's pretty much just VDSL which I mean 30 down whatever up isn't too bad at all

There's still large patches of Rural NZ which are ADSL 1 or even dialup only. But as @trewq said, we've had FttN for a good 10 years now (the previous incumbents attempt to avoid regulation) so most urban and some rural have had access to 50+/10+ VDSL since the mid-to-late 2000's. 4G extended is being used for rural infill with plans upwards of 100gb per month but you do pay a fair wack for them. The more I read up on the Aussie NBN the more I'm amazed at how poor the offering is from the Government. In 5 years time Aussie will have a network reminiscent of NZ in the mid 2000's or the UK in the mid 90's.

• @agoldenberg said:
    @doghouch Yes that's rogers ignite for home, and Freedom / Wind Mobile for LTE data. I'm on a special plan for long term customers for the LTE data.

I'd go with Freedom, but the coverage isn't quite there compared to the larger carriers. That aside, I am paying a hefty premium. (plus, I'm locked into a contract for my phone haha)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@SPUZE said:
    About $12.50 per month in advance for 50 Mbps unmetered shared broadband connection. The average internet speed is about 10-20 Mbps in peak hours. (No fair usage)

Have paid about $150 in total for half kilometer own optical fiber cable, 2x100 Mbps media converter, 3x100Mbps Ethernet cable, 1x100 Mbps switch and 1x300 Mbps Router.

This is BDIX Speed :P What's your Web Bandwidth by the Way ?? ;)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2017

I get 3/3 Unmetered for $20/Month in Bangladesh. Pretty Expensive.

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited July 2017

$11/m get 30Mbps up/down unmetered FTTH Your ISP is AS7552 (Viettel Corporation)

• @mtsbatalha said:
    Brazil internet providers is a shit .....

Not that bad, I pay 8usd for 1mbps/0.3mbps in my home town. Since I'm in University, I pay 20usd for 50/30, usually a bit more.

• @DigitalJosee said:

@mtsbatalha said:

Not that bad, I pay 8usd for 1mbps/0.3mbps in my home town. Since I'm in University, I pay 20usd for 50/30, usually a bit more.

What's your city?

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    I get 3/3 Unmetered for $20/Month in Bangladesh. Pretty Expensive.

Adding unmetered to something as low as 3/3 doesn't make it sound better XD

• @mtsbatalha said:

@DigitalJosee said:

@mtsbatalha said:

What's your city?

I'm from an small city in Southern MG, but my uni is in São Paulo.

• @DigitalJosee said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@DigitalJosee said:

@mtsbatalha said:

What's your city?

I'm from an small city in Southern MG, but my uni is in São Paulo.

Então, é um prazer conhecê-lo....Bom conhecer um brasileiro neste fórum... :D

It's a pleasure to know you . It's good know one brazilian guy on this forum.

This discussion has been closed.