Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DatabaseByDesign's Freedom Day Dedi Special

Comments

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC said:
    the LET insufferable fucks special (group buy): dual E5520 or better 16GB 120GB SSD or 2x 146GB 10K SAS
    $14/m (annual)

https://www.databasebydesignllc.com/newportal/cart.php?a=add&pid=20031

Love the naming and ordered one too. I'm hopeful we reach the 15 mark and it gets delivered :-)

• @hawc said:

On the latter.. would you be able to setup a private network between them and a private vlan for myself so I can float VMs between the 2 hosts please?

Sorry, can't swing that on these.

• @lurch said:

@DatabaseByDesignLLC said:
    the LET cheap fucks special: E3-1230v2 or better 32GB 240GB SSD
    $111/qt or 2x for $70/m

https://www.databasebydesignllc.com/newportal/cart.php?a=add&pid=20030

the LET insufferable fucks special (group buy): dual E5520 or better 16GB 120GB SSD or 2x 146GB 10K SAS
    $14/m (annual)

Any chance of quarterly on the second offer?

We can do one better. Send me your PayPal, we're going to send you $42 and give you the server

Really??? It's $14/m.... we're just asking for you to commit to 12m so we're not throwing money away here.

:)

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • @eva2000 said:

Yura said: Now I regret not jumping on the E3 deal in OP

original deal seems better to me.. wouldn't of mind 2x of them at 2x 17.76/m heh

Hey, we did offer a $100 gift card a few pages ago..... Not sure if we can beat that.

• @teamacc said:
    You typo'd the disk space in the description on your order system (says 1456 instead of 146gb)

Fuck! Now you assholes are going to hold us to providing 2x 1.5TB 10K SAS Drives... time to call up my contact with Western Digital and ask to have their R&D dept step up the game and get me those drives!!!!

• @Yura said:

@eva2000 said:

Yura said: Now I regret not jumping on the E3 deal in OP

original deal seems better to me.. wouldn't of mind 2x of them at 2x 17.76/m heh

I already have an idling E3 but if I got one from DbD it would become a Highly Available E3 idler :(

Shhhhhhh....

That's the buzz word of 2018...HA Idling... no one knows what it is... but it's supposed to save you money.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @hzr said:
    @DatabaseByDesignLLC

IF I PAY MONTHLY CAN I TAKE ALL OFP THE GROUP BUY

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

Thanked by 2MasonR Aidan

@teamacc said:
    You typo'd the disk space in the description on your order system (says 1456 instead of 146gb)

Fuck! Now you assholes are going to hold us to providing 2x 1.5TB 10K SAS Drives... time to call up my contact with Western Digital and ask to have their R&D dept step up the game and get me those drives!!!!

No worries, they already exist: HGST Ultrastar C10K1800 for example. Bit pricy (~500 usd) for a 200/year server, especially if provisioned with 2 of those babies.

• FalzoFalzo Member

Oh damn. there really was no need to make this a two-disk offer... it could have been so easy to resist with only one. What have you done...

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • lurchlurch Member

@lurch said:

$111/qt or 2x for $70/m

$14/m (annual)

We can do one better. Send me your PayPal, we're going to send you $42 and give you the server

Really??? It's $14/m.... we're just asking for you to commit to 12m so we're not throwing money away here.

Nice one assume it will be fully managed as well and will be recurring?

I understand it's a great deal at only $14 a month just would have preferred quarterly.

• @lurch said:

I understand it's a great deal at only $14 a month just would have preferred quarterly.

Fully managed.... no this is full service... FULL SERVICE Yeti style. We're stocking up on extra lotion as we speak.

• lurchlurch Member

@lurch said:

Fully managed.... no this is full service... FULL SERVICE Yeti style. We're stocking up on extra lotion as we speak.

Hmmm even more tempting now

• ZerpyZerpy Member

$111/qt or 2x for $70/m

$14/m (annual)

Can we purchase additional Bandwidth if required for the insufferable fucks special?

Gosh I love that name :-D

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@hawc said:

On the latter.. would you be able to setup a private network between them and a private vlan for myself so I can float VMs between the 2 hosts please?

Sorry, can't swing that on these.

Bollocks. There goes my plan.

@lurch said:

$111/qt or 2x for $70/m

$14/m (annual)

Could you please do quarterly , I got the $(answer to everything) ready to be spent if you do quarterly. That is already two people that asked, you won't throw away your money because we are good customers and we will spread the word around about your amazing product. You can be sure of that!

• FalzoFalzo Member

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@lurch said:

$14/m (annual)

Could you please do quarterly , I got the $(answer to everything) ready to be spent if you do quarterly. That is already two people that asked, you won't throw away your money because we are good customers and we will spread the word around about your amazing product. You can be sure of that!

Nonono... don't even think about doing quarterly. Otherwise I really can't resist on getting another idle box :(

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@lurch said:

$111/qt or 2x for $70/m

$14/m (annual)

i think semi-annually good, but even annually everyone cant resist this...

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • lurchlurch Member

@Falzo said:

@IAlwaysBeCoding said:

@lurch said:

$14/m (annual)

Nonono... don't even think about doing quarterly. Otherwise I really can't resist on getting another idle box :(

Agreed bet more people would sign up quarterly.

• damn...what have I created (dual disk) :O

• Godson of a bitching dammit!!! I go offline for a bit to sleep and you summa bitches start the fucken off. I got two of the Let cheap fucks specials. I ain't a bitchin.

I understand I have to set them up and then to use them. You want the world for pennies and when someone delivers wonder why he is gone in a month. 37 a month for a server is not bad. Hell 35 a month is better even.

Sure the proc might not be the best, but if you need the best then fucken shell out the dough. I have been doing this shit for a long time, longer then some of you have been shitting your pants, and believe me what you think you need and what you actually need might be two different things entirely.

@WSS kiss me shriveled up left testicle you Yeti. If you want a cheapy I have a dual core in france I will sell you for 11 a month. You deal with that hunk man.

BTW I hope you know I am just all your balls especially @DatabaseByDesignLLC

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • WSSWSS Member

@DatabasebyDesignLLC Am I supposed to prepay for the insufferable fucks? It didn't like one card, did the other.. but shows unpaid. I'd rather know if it's going to happen before I let a few hundred bucks sit in limbo.

@AuroraZ You can suck the peanuts outta my sheeeit. Or, toss my salad. Then, and only then might you touch the Yeti.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • Can those of us who've bought in on the Group Buy start announcing it in this thread? I'm super tempted to bite but knowing how many are already in would push me over the edge.

• lulukala said: Can those of us who've bought in on the Group Buy start announcing it in this thread? I'm super tempted to bite but knowing how many are already in would push me over the edge.

+1

@DatabasebyDesignLLC how many people already ordering these server?

• ewrekewrek Member

Don't got the cash to pay for a full year :(.

• @ewrek said:

With the Yeti [can someone please explain to me what that is??] it's 170$. It's a pain, but even I can scrape that up if I have reason to believe we have a chance to succeed.

Of course that does depend on whether or not you feel you can earn it back to make it worth the investment.

• @lulukala said:

@ewrek said:

With the Yeti [can someone please explain to me what that is??] it's 170$. It's a pain, but even I can scrape that up if I have reason to believe we have a chance to succeed.

Of course that does depend on whether or not you feel you can earn it back to make it worth the investment.

with these $14/m I can completely destroy my current host which I paid $40/m (2x Linode)

• FalzoFalzo Member

noneednoneednoneedneedneedneed... oh.

Thanked by 2Junkless WSS
  • Ok you dick bags. We've got 9 pre-orders for the dual E55xx systems... 6 more orders and we're good to go.

We've got a bunch of the E3 specials getting provisioned today so if you've ordered one and don't have it yet, expect it today/tonight.

We also found some of the crappiest, oldest hardware gathering dust in the parts closet when cleaning it out. It tested good believe it or not so we're going to sling this crap to you inbreed pond scum in a Friday flash sale.

Here's a sneek preview:

Dual quad core, 32GB RAM, 1x 146GB 15K SAS, IPMI, GE port, 10TB BW and semi-annual billing.... less than $10/m...

Thanked by 2Junkless eva2000
    Dual quad core, 32GB RAM, 1x 146GB 15K SAS, IPMI, GE port, 10TB BW and semi-annual billing.... less than $10/m...

I'm interested.. When is available?

Take my money, like it or not! As long as this doesn't turn into the VN fiasco, I am in!

This discussion has been closed.