Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Zare.com no longer provide VPS service? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does Zare.com no longer provide VPS service?

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Clouvider said:

@graphic said:

@Subzero08 said:
    Both of the providers from what I can see are competitive in pricing and both seem to have reliable hardware. I doubt this is a win and lose situation more like compare and contrast. Kudos to both for being good providers in that area.

That's the point. Stop fighting guy's :D

There's no fight as much as @Nekki is warming the crowds up :D

A boy's gotta get his drama when and where he can.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Zare said: We also don't rely on third party DDoS services, we have our own filtering equipment in-house which is managed 24/7 by ourselves and a team of experts at Corero.

How much uplink capacity provided by whom?

I doubt you have the required commit for 500Gbit+ burst port availability (which would be 50Gbit+).

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Honestly I don't really have an issue with netgear switches, it makes sense they'd start out with them as they're cheaper as opposed to Cisco Nexus, etc and they can use that money saved elsewhere such as DDoS protection, server hardware, etc.

Thanked by 1Zare
  • GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited June 2017

Clouvider said: Equinix

I wonder how OVH took their Equinix pics lol with oles posting them public on twitter, maybe it's because they were only of their own server racks inside their cage.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

ethancedrik said: Honestly I don't really have an issue with netgear switches, it makes sense they'd start out with them as they're cheaper as opposed to Cisco Nexus, etc and they can use that money saved elsewhere such as DDoS protection, server hardware, etc.

I do. Not even mentioning the lacking features, the reliability is not there. We have a colo client that used to use them against our recommendation. They have moved to Juniper since after ports were randomly failing, changing link speed, etc.

The particular variant refereed to in the pictures above also has a single PSU which in itself is a very bad single point of failure.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
    edited June 2017

@ethancedrik said:

Clouvider said: Equinix

I wonder how OVH took their Equinix pics lol with oles posting them public on twitter, maybe it's because they were only of their own server racks inside their cage.

Could be. Could have also been that they ignored the T&C's. You never know. I never managed to get permission to take any at neither of the facilities.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • If I was on here two years ago :D

edited June 2017

@d2itsme said:
    If I was on here two years ago :D

New LET post is coming. That will include the new HA Virtual Datacentre style offer that replaced the classic Cloud VMs. I wouldn't like to change this into marketing thread however.

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@Clouvider said:

@d2itsme said:
    If I was on here two years ago :D

New LET post is coming. That will include the new HA Virtual Datacentre style offer that replaced the classic Cloud VMs.

Im interested in that too. Tag me :)

• GamerGamer Member

Ouch... this thread seemed to turn a shit throwing mess. One provider talking shit about another provider ( equipment ) who is clearly their competition... that's weak and very unprofessional from a provider stand point, to flame/shame another on a public forum.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2017

Gamer said: that's weak and very unprofessional from a provider stand point

talking about known hardware issues with an entire generation of switches/routers is hardly unprofessional... Netgear is not datacenter equipment. As simple as that. No one serious uses them.

Not even netgear uses netgear switches. They use(d) Force10.

And price wise Netgear is also bad - i take used Quanta (Amazon) or Force10 (now Dell) any time over them, and they cost less.

ethancedrik said: I wonder how OVH took their Equinix pics lol

By paying Equinix millions of dollars per year. You can bet if i rent 50+ racks in 10+ Equinix locations they let me take pictures also. It is that simple.

• dynamodynamo Member

Gamer said: One provider talking shit about another provider ( equipment ) who is clearly their competition...

I can see only Clouvider talking shit about Zare here so take your pick about who is being unprofessional.

edited June 2017

@dynamo said:

Gamer said: One provider talking shit about another provider ( equipment ) who is clearly their competition...

I can see only Clouvider talking shit about Zare here so take your pick about who is being unprofessional.

No one is 'talking shit' about anyone here. I've simply pointed the facts that directly contradict their own publicly available information, that seem to be, and actually been proved and admitted to be incorrect, thus proving the marketing by Zare was in-fact deceptive. If I'd be lying on the other hand you could say that, I did not however, as such I don't understand why you feel that way.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • GamerGamer Member

@dynamo said:

Exactly... sorry not here to offend anyone, just pointing out the one way shit throwing mess.

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

In regards to Netgear switches, we've been using them in for around 5 years and haven't seen a single failure - but we understand they are not usually used and that's why we are replacing them.

Failures happen in all equipment, our MX240 had both its power supplies fail within 1 week of being installed and these are about £3k each. We now have 3 power supplies installed in that unit just in case.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

heh, funny stuff, if any colocrossing host was caught telling half truths about their equipment/setup/adverts the internet would break and the armchair lawyer false advertising team would be out in force.

I think if someone is using deception to gain market favor, pointing it out in a professional tone is fair game.

I can see why people may disagree but that is how I see it, I remember a while back a host that was popular here (consumed by another now) was having 'raid issues' they reached out to me for help for data recovery, the 'Enterprise grade raid 10' they were using turned out to be a single 10,000 RPM disk, which to my mind is new Juniper vs Netgear.

I had wondered how the hell it was so hard to compete on prices when doing things properly until I found that out, if your selling an Apple, sell an apple, not a potato

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • GamerGamer Member

@Clouvider said:

@dynamo said:

No one is 'talking shit' about anyone here. I've simply pointed the facts that directly contradict their own publicly available information. If I'd be lying on the other hand you could say that, I did not however.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night... but that's not how I see or take your comments.

Have a good day :)

• dynamodynamo Member

AnthonySmith said: I think if someone is using deception to gain market favor, pointing it out in a professional tone is fair game.

With all due respect, it looks more like you and Clouvider (who do sell on LET) are trying to (over-)protect your own market than Zare (who do not even advertise on LET) trying to gain any.

dynamo said: With all due respect, it looks more like you and Clouvider (who do sell on LET) are trying to (over-)protect your own market than Zare (who do not even advertise on LET) trying to gain any.

I can understand why it might come across that way, I respect your opinion but that is not my intent.

Thanked by 2dynamo Clouvider
    edited June 2017

heh, someone obviously did not like this thread, my looking glass at clouvider is being DDOS'ed guess if anything that proves the DDOS protection works :)

Wonder if any other Clouvider clients are being hit.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    heh, someone obviously did not like this thread, my looking glass at clouvider is being DDOS'ed guess if anything that proves the DDOS protection works :)

Wonder if any other Clouvider clients are being hit.

I mean, NTT DDoS protection is well yeah questionable.

edited June 2017

GenjiSwitchPls said: I mean, NTT DDoS protection is well yeah questionable.

seems to be doing well at the moment.

Maybe some fanatic who does not have any morals is hitting zare and clouvider at the same time to see who falls over first.

• @AnthonySmith said:

Maybe some fanatic who does not have any morals is hitting zare and clouvider at the same time to see who falls over first.

I mean I don't condone DDoS'ing anyone nor the use of NTT DDoS protection.

edited June 2017

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I mean I don't condone DDoS'ing anyone nor the use of NTT DDoS protection.

We have not escalated to NTT yet. This was sorted in-house.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2017

Zare said: Failures happen in all equipment, our MX240 had both its power supplies fail within 1 week of being installed and these are about £3k each

Your MX has however triple PSU ability...usual netgear switches do not even have dual.

The only ones with (in 1U w/ L3 and full management) are the M4300, M5300, M7100 and M7300 series which generally cost 1kEUR+ new and thus - wait for it - 3x more than a used Quanta with 48 x 10GE while providing 24-48 x 1GE only. You literally get redundant 48 x 10GE, 2 spare PSUs plus even a spare switch for the same price.

If you want only Gbit - wait for it, gets better - you get for 1000EUR 5 (!!) Quanta 48x1GE/4x10GE with 4 spare PSUs and another entire spare switch....

From a pure buying perspective it is insane to buy Netgear, both based on reliability and on pricing, aside that the management is absolute crap.

Also as your MX PSUs failed within a week they are replaced free unless you buy used out of warranty gear, so the price does not matter in any way. If you buy Juniper used you have no excuse to have bought new Netgear gear either and not Force10/Quanta.

(3k is btw EXTREMELY overpriced - i have a list price for PWR-MX480-2520-AC-S of used 1300EUR external, 1500EUR internal and new 2400EUR ex VAT... and we don't buy Juniper, so that price is not negotiated in any way...)

dynamo said: With all due respect, it looks more like you and Clouvider (who do sell on LET) are trying to (over-)protect your own market than Zare (who do not even advertise on LET) trying to gain any.

Might be. I however do not sell on LET, i build networks and do DC buildouts and have no stake/interest in either of the ones in this thread (or use UK providers for anything meaningful, based on privacy protection laws). I don't like the country at all.

• @William said:

Might be. I however do not sell on LET, i build networks and do DC buildouts and have no stake/interest in either of the ones in this thread (or use UK providers for anything meaningful, based on privacy protection laws). I don't like the country at all.

http://bgp.he.net/net/2a04:92c7:a::/48
    http://bgp.he.net/net/2a04:92c7:a:1::/64
    http://bgp.he.net/net/2a04:92c7:a:2::/64

Must have some interest in Clouvider

Thanked by 2quick Yura
  • quickquick Member
    edited June 2017

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@William said:

http://bgp.he.net/net/2a04:92c7:a::/48
    http://bgp.he.net/net/2a04:92c7:a:1::/64
    http://bgp.he.net/net/2a04:92c7:a:2::/64

Must have some interest in Clouvider

He is "upgrading" DCs !!!!1111

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2017

GenjiSwitchPls said: Must have some interest in Clouvider

Sure. I have a paid VPS, like on 300+ other ISPs.

https://mtr.sh/

It is by now harder to name ISPs i have no servers with than any i have.

I also have a protection session with Zare over one of their customers, for that matter. And was at times a large Rapidswitch/IOMart customer.

No matter how you want to see (or twist) it - my numbers can be inless than 5 minutes verified by anyone with a calculator and internet access, which comes out as Netgear = expensive crap. Add 5min more on Nanog and WHT and you see Netgear = expensive crap.

Ultimately the result is, you can guess: Netgear == expensive crap.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @William said:

GenjiSwitchPls said: Must have some interest in Clouvider

Sure. I have a paid VPS, like on 300+ other ISPs.

https://mtr.sh/

It is by now harder to name ISPs i have no servers with than any i have.

I also have a protection session with Zare over one of their customers, for that matter. And was at times a large Rapidswitch/IOMart customer.

Can I ask why are you routing /64s. Why?