Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.9.2 Launched - actually a big deal! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.9.2 Launched - actually a big deal!

13»

Comments

• FredQcFredQc Member

virtualizor said: You have to set the bridge to vmbr0 in the slave settings.

Yeah, I searched for that one before, but there's no such option in slave or master configuration.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@FredQc said:

Yeah, I searched for that one before, but there's no such option in slave or master configuration.

He means in proxmox.

@WSWD said:

@AnthonySmith said:
    Been using KVM with CentOS 7 no problem.

@WSWD which ticket number was that I would like to smack them in the fact with it?

No idea, unfortunately. You apparently can't search OSTicket without having the exact ticket number.

I guess I am just a pro at searching my emails.

• @FredQc said:

Yes, you are right, we have not given that option in the UI. Sorry for the mistake on my part.

Can you send me the output of the following command on your Virtualizor Proxmox server : root> cat /usr/local/virtualizor/universal.php | grep bridge

I am interested in the variable :
    $globals['bridge'] = 'vmbr0';

If the value for this is not vmbr0, please edit the file and set it. There was a bug in Virtualizor Proxmox installer which did not save the bridge value.
    We have just patched the installer.

Regards

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • @virtualizor I haven't got the update yet

• Its in the release branch. Will take 1-2 weeks to hit the stable branch.

• @virtualizor said:
    Its in the release branch. Will take 1-2 weeks to hit the stable branch.

Any update on what @vmhaus said. Any news on the client end backups? Just wondering when this is to hit as it's going to be amazing for us end clients

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

Related with Proxmox, what about:

• DHCP IP assignment on VMs
    • IP leak prevention
    • Traffic count per VM
  • UmairUmair Member

@virtualizor
    Any official statement/update regarding CentOS 6 / CentOS 7 and KVM setup ??
    Do you still think KVM setup is more stable in CentOS6 ?

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited June 2017

virtualizor said: Can you send me the output of the following command on your Virtualizor Proxmox server : root> cat /usr/local/virtualizor/universal.php | grep bridge

I am interested in the variable : $globals['bridge'] = 'vmbr0';

Effectively!

$globals['bridge'] = 'viifbr0';

I have changed the value to vmbr0

But now, I don't know if it's related or not, I cannot create a new VPS. The page simply return an 500 error!

This one: https://snipped:4085/sessuoxacqm8bhytnctx/index.php?act=addvs

Also Error 500:

https://snipped:4085/sessyscolld1bad6we7y/index.php?act=manageserver&changeserid=0

Thank you

@FredQc perhaps opening a support ticket would make sense?

• @Umair said:
    @virtualizor
    Any official statement/update regarding CentOS 6 / CentOS 7 and KVM setup ??
    Do you still think KVM setup is more stable in CentOS6 ?

Centos 7 for kvm is pretty good.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

@virtualizor your guys have been telling me to be on centos 6 :P

@hostdare said:
    @virtualizor your guys have been telling me to be on centos 6 :P

open up skype, open your history with Virtualizor, press ctrl+f search your conversation history to find the time and date.

It is pointless throwing out stuff like this if you are not logging your own issues and reports internally, and if that did actually happen you accepted that and a solution ... well, wow.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

What is the bug @virtualizor ?

Also that does not show them suggesting you use centos 6, virtualizor is not rhel base bound.

• virtualizorvirtualizor Member
    edited June 2017

I think this was related to virt-df which caused loads on the Node to sky rocket.
    On CentOS 6, this was much more stable. To avoid this, simply turn off virt-df in Virtualizor. We had added that option later.
    virt-df actually detects disk usage for KVM / HVM based VPS when the VPS is online.

But performance wise for the individual VPS, KVM on CentOS 7 is better because its a newer kernel.

@FredQc, your proxmox server should be all setup.

Your version was not upgraded to 2.9.2. Proxmox support in Virtualizor is in 2.9.2

Regards

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

Does virtualizor support proxmox in a cluster? When I made a ticket about it I was told I had to have virtualizor installed on every node and there's no mention of clusters, at that point I might as well not be using proxmox at all.

well you have to install proxmox on every server in a cluster anyway don't you (forgive me it has been 5 years since I have used it in production) ?

virtualizor is just a cp layer on top using the proxmox api so I imagine the cluster element is still managed by proxmox directly.

personally, I will only be rolling out proxmox+virtualizor nodes from now on because of the inherent maturity and stability of proxmox and to move away from CentOS as a base, it is generally so out of date now in a quest to be stable it actually creates more issues than it solves when using KVM.

Thanked by 2vimalware Rhys

@AnthonySmith said:
    well you have to install proxmox on every server in a cluster anyway don't you (forgive me it has been 5 years since I have used it in production) ?

virtualizor is just a cp layer on top using the proxmox api so I imagine the cluster element is still managed by proxmox directly.

personally, I will only be rolling out proxmox+virtualizor nodes from now on because of the inherent maturity and stability of proxmox and to move away from CentOS as a base, it is generally so out of date now in a quest to be stable it actually creates more issues than it solves when using KVM.

You do have to install proxmox on all servers in a cluster, but they can all be managed from one master. I don't want to be running a full LEMP stack on top of proxmox on a node for that god awful admin panel that will never see the light of day.

Rhys said: You do have to install proxmox on all servers in a cluster, but they can all be managed from one master. I don't want to be running a full LEMP stack on top of proxmox on a node for that god awful admin panel that will never see the light of day.

Ah ok so the question is more, does virtualizor interact with the main proxmox master/cluster manager or does it manage every server individually, makes sense.

Guess it depends on the capabilities of the proxmox API

Thanked by 1Rhys

@AnthonySmith said:

Rhys said: You do have to install proxmox on all servers in a cluster, but they can all be managed from one master. I don't want to be running a full LEMP stack on top of proxmox on a node for that god awful admin panel that will never see the light of day.

Ah ok so the question is more, does virtualizor interact with the main proxmox master/cluster manager or does it manage every server individually, makes sense.

Guess it depends on the capabilities of the proxmox API

Yeah I should have been more clear on that, the proxmox API is more than capable, anything else e.g. setting up the cluster can be done manually or virtualizor could do it over ssh.

I have not tested it personally, maybe @virtualizor can arrange a demo for you?

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I have not tested it personally, maybe @virtualizor can arrange a demo for you?

Because of the fact that many proxmox users who have multiple nodes don't necessarily run it in cluster mode we had decided to stick to installing virtualizor on each node.

We will however support the cluster options in the future.

Regards

• FredQcFredQc Member

virtualizor said: Your version was not upgraded to 2.9.2.

Like I said to you in private, it was 2.9.2

virtualizor said: We will however support the cluster options in the future.

Sounds good, any idea how far in the future that would be? No cluster support and requiring the full panel on all nodes is putting me off.

• UmairUmair Member

Just wondering, how frequent you update your Virtualizor Panel ?
    Do you keep it on auto update ?? Or do a manual update after sometime ??

Anyone already running 2.9.2.5 in Production ??

Thanks