Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.9.2 Launched - actually a big deal! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.9.2 Launched - actually a big deal!

Comments

• WSWDWSWD Member, Host Rep

@Umair said:
    When I reported some bugs to @virtualizor using on Cent7 host, I was told to downgrade to CentOS 6 for better stability. (That was about 2-3 months ago though)

That's more than I got. I got a downright, "Virtualizer does not work with CentOS7." shrug

• @Umair said:
    A lil off topic, but for everyone using/trying virtualizor ... I am guessing you are using it for KVM.

Are you sticking with CentOS 6 or going with CentOS 7 ???

When I reported some bugs to @virtualizor using on Cent7 host, I was told to downgrade to CentOS 6 for better stability. (That was about 2-3 months ago though)

KVM on CentOS 7 has been fine for us with Virtualizor

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Been using KVM with CentOS 7 no problem.

@WSWD which ticket number was that I would like to smack them in the fact with it?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

I have been told the same about CentOS 7 . A few days ago , I had also one node where vpses were not deleted after service termination . It was KVM node issue .

@hostdare said:
    I have been told the same about CentOS 7 . A few days ago , I had also one node where vpses were not deleted after service termination . It was KVM node issue .

What ticket number was that?

• cociucociu Member

virtualizor said: The proxmox part is beta. We hope to stabilize it by June end.

i will give a try definetly.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

I did not create ticket . I have mostly used skype for support :)

@hostdare said:

Date and time from Skype log?

• ButtersButters Member

next announcement:

OnApp acquires Softaculous

• @AnthonySmith said:

@hostdare said:

Date and time from Skype log?

Or a couple of screenshots, perhaps.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Butters said:
    next announcement:

OnApp acquires Softaculous

No sorry not happening :)

• @raindog308 said:

AnthonySmith said: I tried it in 2013, it was not as good as solusvm, went back in 2017, it is MILES ahead of solusvm now.

And of course, they're still releasing updates for Virtualizor, while Solus is now a legacy product for which development has stopped.

Right @OnApp_Terry ?

I like how he is active, but manages to ignore all messages regarding SolusVM development :P

edited May 2017

doghouch said: I like how he is active, but manages to ignore all messages regarding SolusVM development :P

He has nothing to say that has not already been said that proved to be nothing but hot air already and nothing new to say that will not end up being yet more of the same.

I suspect solusvm v2 will actually arrive this year (with an underwhelming launch if the end user 1.2 beta was anything to go by) but frankly, the damage OnApp have done to their customer's confidence in terms of solusvm is just too great now, anyone trusting them to deliver at this stage and also into the future is bonkers.

Solusvm has 1 developer, no one but Phill knows anything about V1 and Terry has confirmed Phill is not providing any support for V1 because his focus is V2, if Phill decides to call it a day.. well, the future would not be bright.

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited May 2017

AnthonySmith said: I suspect solusvm v2 will actually arrive this year (with an underwhelming launch if the end user 1.2 beta was anything to go by) but frankly, the damage OnApp have done to their customer's confidence in terms of solusvm is just too great now, anyone trusting them to deliver at this stage and also into the future is bonkers.

The way things are shifting (Every man and his dog to virtualizor) I believe they have to release something and it will probably come rushed unexpectedly. But, honestly, I can't see it been equal too or better than Virtualizor at release. Though it will probably have a nice re-design, as has always been tradition with these applications.

Source: VPS Provider since 2011 having used both SolusVM and Virtualizor extensively.

For the record, I mean no disrespect to Phil and I was never an Onapp/SolusVM customer as I had left SolusVM behind before Phil sold it (Thankfully). But even way back then I remember running into so many issues that required a support ticket for a resolve, hence why I liked Phil as he always worked with me to get things sorted (Once I'd skipped the BS with their crappy outsourced support).

What I've seen from the outside now (As a Virtualizor user) is enough to put me off both SolusVM and Onapp for life. The disrespect and what I can only describe as neglect I've seen towards the people that both use and some cases give a crap about the software is unreal. If they can't get the basics right, I wont even try the product and I hope others feel the same way.

edited May 2017

@ratherbak3d

Same here then, I started with solusvm in very late 2010 so I guess we have seen the same release cycles.

I think the fact that virtualizor supports debian slaves + proxmox, Xenserver and LXC, OpenVZ 7 now it will far exceed solusvm V2's feature set on release as solusvm supports none of them, they just left everything too late.

I really dont like the virtualizor admin interface but in reality, since switching I hardly ever even need to use it, as everything is intergrated in to WHMCS (you get admin and client view of the VPS from within WHMCS) so I can just manage the VPS in the same place as I get the ticket if one ever comes in.

Since switching to virtualizor I have only had 2 tickets, both asking why solusvm is down :p (people that did not get the email notice I guess), when compared to the previous month I had 47 tickets for the same service on solusvm.

• Just to add. If you're selling me a control panel, the entire principle is that it's easy to use and provides me an interface between my server and my web browser. If I have to login via SSH (And I'm more than happy and capable to do so, others customers won't be) to diagnose problems, check logs for creation or call errors, get a more accurate view on abuse etc.. Your product is FAILING at what it set out to do in the first place. You should question its existence and its purpose.

If I run your installer script, it should do just that. I've lost count of how many things the SolusVM installer missed out, even when it's supposed requirements had been met.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@AnthonySmith said: I really dont like the virtualizor admin interface

This is what holds me back but I guess it can be adapted to, plus the WHMCS integration looks decent enough.

Ishaq said: This is what holds me back but I guess it can be adapted to, plus the WHMCS integration looks decent enough.

Yep, it help me back too, now I feel like a right mug, I never need to login to it though tbh.

Really it is just a layout issue, it is not very 'ergonomic' for want of a better word, but I guess they just put most of the focus on the customer panel, which blows solusvm out of the water and at the end of the day that is what counts.

• AnthonySmith said: Same here then, I started with solusvm in very late 2010 so I guess we have seen the same release cycles.

I know for a fact if I could login to old accounts I could pull PM's of me and you complaining to each other even way back then.

ratherbak3d said: I know for a fact if I could login to old accounts I could pull PM's of me and you complaining to each other even way back then.

I am also willing to bet those same issues still exist.

• FredQcFredQc Member

Can you add Virtualizor on top of an existing Proxmox installation? With VPSes already running and all the stuff...

@FredQc said:
    Can you add Virtualizor on top of an existing Proxmox installation? With VPSes already running and all the stuff...

I imagine you can import existing proxmox servers @virtualizor ?

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

@FredQc said:

It looks like it's not possible yet according to their blog post, they're working on an importer.

Thanked by 1FredQc
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited May 2017

OK, I have found the answer by myself (sort of).

• Line install went well in console
    • Rebooted the node: OK
    • Had to figure out how to add the Proxmox node to Virt: OK
    • Setup the actual Proxmox hostname and password: OK
    • Setup the Storage Pool to /var/lib/vz: OK
    • Setup the IPs: OK

Virtualizor seems to see the server alright, but not the VPSes

Well ok, decided to add a template and launch a new VPS: FAIL

When it tries to boot the new VPS it crash with very little infos (checked the logs but nothing usefull)

This was my experience so far...

• FredQcFredQc Member

In the Proxmox panel I can see the new VPS just created (1001)

Tried to start it from there, it also fails but with more meat to the bone:

bridge 'viifbr0' does not exist
    kvm: -netdev type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap1001i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,downscript=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridgedown,vhost=on: network script /var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge failed with status 512
    TASK ERROR: start failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -id 1001 -chardev 'socket,id=qmp,path=/var/run/qemu-server/1001.qmp,server,nowait' -mon 'chardev=qmp,mode=control' -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/1001.pid -daemonize -smbios 'type=1,uuid=d69de958-5e25-45df-91c2-ab97c54f2354' -name centos -smp '2,sockets=1,cores=2,maxcpus=2' -nodefaults -boot 'menu=on,strict=on,reboot-timeout=1000,splash=/usr/share/qemu-server/bootsplash.jpg' -vga cirrus -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/1001.vnc,x509,password -cpu kvm64,+lahf_lm,+sep,+kvm_pv_unhalt,+kvm_pv_eoi,enforce -m 2048 -k en-us -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.1,chassis_nr=1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1e' -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.2,chassis_nr=2,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1f' -device 'piix3-usb-uhci,id=uhci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2' -device 'usb-tablet,id=tablet,bus=uhci.0,port=1' -device 'virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/images/1001/vm-1001-disk-1.raw,if=none,id=drive-virtio0,cache=writeback,format=raw,aio=threads,detect-zeroes=on' -device 'virtio-blk-pci,drive=drive-virtio0,id=virtio0,bus=pci.0,addr=0xa' -device 'ahci,id=ahci0,multifunction=on,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/images/1001/vm-1001-06aw-gxir4jswjvizwuwb.raw,if=none,id=drive-sata0,format=raw,cache=none,aio=native,detect-zeroes=on' -device 'ide-drive,bus=ahci0.0,drive=drive-sata0,id=sata0,bootindex=101' -netdev 'type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap1001i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,downscript=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridgedown,vhost=on' -device 'virtio-net-pci,mac=snipped,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,id=net0'' failed: exit code 1

Whelp

What the fuck is viifbr0 ? Actual bridge is vmbr0 O_o

Damn it

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited May 2017

MikePT said: It looks like it's not possible yet according to their blog post, they're working on an importer.

Yeah, they do not list Proxmox in the Import menu.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WSWDWSWD Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith said:
    Been using KVM with CentOS 7 no problem.

@WSWD which ticket number was that I would like to smack them in the fact with it?

No idea, unfortunately. You apparently can't search OSTicket without having the exact ticket number.

• @AnthonySmith said:

@FredQc said:

It will be available soon. An engineer is working on it.

• virtualizorvirtualizor Member
    edited June 2017

@FredQc said:
    In the Proxmox panel I can see the new VPS just created (1001)

Tried to start it from there, it also fails but with more meat to the bone:

bridge 'viifbr0' does not exist
    kvm: -netdev type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap1001i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,downscript=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridgedown,vhost=on: network script /var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge failed with status 512
    TASK ERROR: start failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -id 1001 -chardev 'socket,id=qmp,path=/var/run/qemu-server/1001.qmp,server,nowait' -mon 'chardev=qmp,mode=control' -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/1001.pid -daemonize -smbios 'type=1,uuid=d69de958-5e25-45df-91c2-ab97c54f2354' -name centos -smp '2,sockets=1,cores=2,maxcpus=2' -nodefaults -boot 'menu=on,strict=on,reboot-timeout=1000,splash=/usr/share/qemu-server/bootsplash.jpg' -vga cirrus -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/1001.vnc,x509,password -cpu kvm64,+lahf_lm,+sep,+kvm_pv_unhalt,+kvm_pv_eoi,enforce -m 2048 -k en-us -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.1,chassis_nr=1,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1e' -device 'pci-bridge,id=pci.2,chassis_nr=2,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1f' -device 'piix3-usb-uhci,id=uhci,bus=pci.0,addr=0x1.0x2' -device 'usb-tablet,id=tablet,bus=uhci.0,port=1' -device 'virtio-balloon-pci,id=balloon0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x3' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/images/1001/vm-1001-disk-1.raw,if=none,id=drive-virtio0,cache=writeback,format=raw,aio=threads,detect-zeroes=on' -device 'virtio-blk-pci,drive=drive-virtio0,id=virtio0,bus=pci.0,addr=0xa' -device 'ahci,id=ahci0,multifunction=on,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7' -drive 'file=/var/lib/vz/images/1001/vm-1001-06aw-gxir4jswjvizwuwb.raw,if=none,id=drive-sata0,format=raw,cache=none,aio=native,detect-zeroes=on' -device 'ide-drive,bus=ahci0.0,drive=drive-sata0,id=sata0,bootindex=101' -netdev 'type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap1001i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge,downscript=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridgedown,vhost=on' -device 'virtio-net-pci,mac=snipped,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,id=net0'' failed: exit code 1

Whelp

What the fuck is viifbr0 ? Actual bridge is vmbr0 O_o

Damn it

You have to set the bridge to vmbr0 in the slave settings.

• I haven't got the update yet :/