Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor 2.9.2 Launched - actually a big deal!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor 2.9.2 Launched - actually a big deal!

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Full release notes here: http://www.virtualizor.com/blog/?p=1563

But the key points for me are:

1. HAProxy integration and support.

2. Proxmox 3.x and 4.x support for provisioning, management and even an importer for management under virtualizor for end users!!

3. Speed capping rather than suspending, e.g. you have used your 1TB BW, now you may only use 5mbit but can remain online.

These are some huge steps forward showing that virtualizor really understands the target market, still, no panel supports fuze enablement for end users but at this point given how simple it is I can only assume it is an inside joke to withhold that feature :)

Comments

• racksxracksx Member

@AnthonySmith, with Proxmox support, I can see them doing a good way ahead, also 6) [Feature] Added support to restore the backup of a VPS to new VPS. that is nice feature

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

And how these new features are working? No bugs? Specially Proxmox.

• The proxmox part is beta. We hope to stabilize it by June end.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@racksx said:
    @AnthonySmith, with Proxmox support, I can see them doing a good way ahead, also 6) [Feature] Added support to restore the backup of a VPS to new VPS. that is nice feature

I did not have the chance to ask @virtualizor about this yet if that also means an end user can restore a quick backup of a VPS from a quick backup file made by virtualizor too then it is a REALLY good feature.

It would make it great for end users to be able to move or clone servers quickly between hosts.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Speed cap and haproxy integration are nice.. makes me want to try it out again now..

@MikeA said:
    Speed cap and haproxy integration are nice.. makes me want to try it out again now..

I tried it in 2013, it was not as good as solusvm, went back in 2017, it is MILES ahead of solusvm now.

Thanked by 2racksx netomx
  • YuraYura Member

@virtualizor said:
    The proxmox part is beta. We hope to stabilize it by June end.

Just finish it before SolusVM 2.0 release and you are good to go.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Look nice, I want to move from SolusVM but don't have a enough time to migrate but I will use Virtualizor on my New node.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • UmairUmair Member

@Yura said:

Don't say that. That would mean they have all the time in the world to get this done.

Let them stick with June end :P

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Look nice, I want to move from SolusVM but don't have a enough time to migrate but I will use Virtualizor on my New node.

It does not take long and you can run solusvm at the same time while you switch, switching to virtualizor actually saves time in the long run, no more completely avoidable tickets as a result of solusvm' shortfalls.

@Umair said:

@Yura said:

Don't say that. That would mean they have all the time in the world to get this done.

Indeed, in a few months of actual work proxmox support has been added to virtualizor, in 3 years OnApp have managed to make a copy of virtualizor with basic support for OpenVZ only that is not ready to release.

• YuraYura Member

@AnthonySmith said:

@Umair said:

@Yura said:

Indeed, in a few months of actual work proxmox support has been added to virtualizor, in 3 years OnApp have managed to make a copy of virtualizor with basic support for OpenVZ only that is not ready to release.

It will be released before Half Life 3. Information is 110% correct.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I don't totally understand their licensing? 1 VPs license / server? Does that mean you can create 1 VPs on the server?

@agoldenberg said:
    I don't totally understand their licensing? 1 VPs license / server? Does that mean you can create 1 VPs on the server?

Yeah it's not very clear, but in basic terms it is $1 per vps up to 8 vps, when it reaches $9 it turns in to an unlimited license.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

There are some minor bugs still , they should work to fix those . Like cannot share the IPs between product groups

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@virtualizor, we were promised that End User Backup for KVM function will be released with v2.9.2 . Is it happening already?

@hostdare said:
    There are some minor bugs still , they should work to fix those . Like cannot share the IPs between product groups

I have ips shared between product groups now?

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I am able to share IPs between product groups too.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

AnthonySmith said: I have ips shared between product groups now?

possibly fixed then .Last time it broke a few months ago . It was having issues with different servers groups of openvz and kvm in the same vlan IPs .

@AnthonySmith Thanks for the clarification. So weird to license 1-8 VPSes and then unlimited. Do people actually license 1-3 vpses instead of just going straight to $9

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @agoldenberg said:
    @AnthonySmith Thanks for the clarification. So weird to license 1-8 VPSes and then unlimited. Do people actually license 1-3 vpses instead of just going straight to $9

I do.. for a couple of servers. Different people, different needs.

@Junkless fair enough. All my VPS boxes run Proxmox so once the actual implementation is not so much beta anymore, I'd be willing to give it a go.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

Speed capping is very nice feature to have for sure, especially in regions with high bandwidth/transit costs.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep

@agoldenberg said:

We use the 1 VPS license for a master, there is no specific 'master' license.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Full release notes here: http://www.virtualizor.com/blog/?p=1563

But the key points for me are:

1. HAProxy integration and support.

2. Proxmox 3.x and 4.x support for provisioning, management and even an importer for management under virtualizor for end users!!

3. Speed capping rather than suspending, e.g. you have used your 1TB BW, now you may only use 5mbit but can remain online.

These are some huge steps forward showing that virtualizor really understands the target market, still, no panel supports fuze enablement for end users but at this point given how simple it is I can only assume it is an inside joke to withhold that feature :)

It says fuse can be enabled via the admin panel -- close enough, eh?

• @AnthonySmith said:

@DewlanceVPS said:

It does not take long and you can run solusvm at the same time while you switch, switching to virtualizor actually saves time in the long run, no more completely avoidable tickets as a result of solusvm' shortfalls.

I'll say that both panels have their downfalls. While SolusVM has proven to be extremely reliable for many providers, people wanted to give Virtualizor a try. Companies like ExtraVM, and GalaxyHostPlus migrated to Virtualizor, and only months later, back to Solus. It appears that more features doesn't necessarily mean reliability, but that was years ago.

I'm not sure of Virtualizor's reliability after this update, but surely there are companies willing to give it a second shot.

I was personally frustrated by PM, as Virtualizor claimed that I hadn't setup the LVM properly. Just a note: I said that it was my fault so Virtualizor would quit complaining. They even asked me to remove my statement, but hey, what happened was strictly my experience. I ended up using Proxmox, and it's been doing fine since.

I'd definitely love to use OnApp, but that's out of scope for the pricing and the # of containers I have. If @Virtualizor squashed the bugs, then maybe it's worth checking it out again.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • Virtualizor has come a long way since we started using it over 2 years ago, back then there was quite a lot of bugs which would occur randomly but we've seen it stabalise over the last few months particularly, the new features they're adding are great - Most have lost interest and faith in SolusVM due to the lack of updates whereas at least Virtualizor are active and consistently work to improve their product.

There are certainly still things to improve with Virtualizor but, it's stable enough and does the job well. Looking forward to what they bring over the coming year as well!

@doghouch the admin interface layout is still dogshit, but the bugs seem to be resolved now. I did the same, sousvm > virtualizor > solusvm, and not back to virtualizor again now that SolusVM is falling apart after being abandoned by OnApp.

I admit I was very nervous about switching, but I can see they have done the work to bring things up to scratch and made some real effort.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: I tried it in 2013, it was not as good as solusvm, went back in 2017, it is MILES ahead of solusvm now.

And of course, they're still releasing updates for Virtualizor, while Solus is now a legacy product for which development has stopped.

Right @OnApp_Terry ?

• UmairUmair Member

A lil off topic, but for everyone using/trying virtualizor ... I am guessing you are using it for KVM.

Are you sticking with CentOS 6 or going with CentOS 7 ???

When I reported some bugs to @virtualizor using on Cent7 host, I was told to downgrade to CentOS 6 for better stability. (That was about 2-3 months ago though)