Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is my server is on right DC?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recently i purchased a dedicated server from one provider, Their terms are if i want them to reinstall the OS they charge 30 Euro for it and If server takes more than 15 minutes then i need to pay 22.50 Euro / 15 Minutes.

They provide me iLO for the OS re installation if i want to do it myself but Connection refused in iLO.

Already contact them through the ticket (36 hours passed no response about iLO)
If i want to call them then they charge 10 Euro for the call support and 22.50 Euro for / 15 Minutes.

Comments

• Hi, do you get Connection refused when you open iLO, or when you open any of the options after logging into iLO?

• AthylAthyl Member

iLO > Remote Session > .Net or Java (Connection Refused)

• Name the provider

• AthylAthyl Member

Not interested in telling Provider name for now but soon if condition goes same.

• edited May 2017

Try telneting to port 23 of the iLO address, can you access that?

• AthylAthyl Member

@ALinuxNinja said:
    Try telneting to port 23 of the iLO address, can you access that?

Check the PM

• YuraYura Member

@Athyl said:
    Recently i purchased a dedicated server from one provider, Their terms are if i want them to reinstall the OS they charge 30 Euro for it and If server takes more than 15 minutes then i need to pay 22.50 Euro / 15 Minutes.

Besides the unnamed provider anyone else does that too? I want to know their names to avoid ordering their services right from the bat.

• AthylAthyl Member

@Yura said:

@Athyl said:

Besides the unnamed provider anyone else does that too? I want to know their names to avoid ordering their services right from the bat.

If they didn't respond me in 2 days that means avoiding them is better.
    Waiting for the response from their side still

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

Yura said: unnamed provider

Think he meant to say oneprovider without a space.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • AthylAthyl Member

@Rhys said:

Yura said: unnamed provider

Think he meant to say oneprovider without a space.

No man

• justvmjustvm Member, Patron Provider

@Athyl said:

Most of the browsers now does not run java anymore, try on Firefox also open your java configuration, click on security then edit site list then add the ILO IP address, and try again.

• ihadpihadp Member

I haven't used ILO in a decade, but if you can either reboot the server or the ILO device you may be able to restore access to the java console.

Does your provider allow you to reboot your server via their client area, hopefully from the PDU level? If not, once you log into the ILO are you able to reboot the ILO?

• AthylAthyl Member

@vpsrus said:

@Athyl said:

Most of the browsers now does not run java anymore, try on Firefox also open your java configuration, click on security then edit site list then add the ILO IP address, and try again.

I try JAVA with Firefox as well as with Internet Explorer.
    The problem is connection refused which seems like they had a firewall which blocking it.

• AthylAthyl Member

@ihadp said:
    I haven't used ILO in a decade, but if you can either reboot the server or the ILO device you may be able to restore access to the java console.

Does your provider allow you to reboot your server via their client area, hopefully from the PDU level? If not, once you log into the ILO are you able to reboot the ILO?

They had reset button in their client area which reboots the server.
    Its not possible to reboot the iLO as i don't have permissions.

• WilliamWilliam Member

ILO2/ILO3 only wors useful on OSX or Windows XP, at least for us.

• AthylAthyl Member

@William said:

Its iLO4, Trying to access on (Windows 7 & Windows 10)
    I am also not able to access it through telnet as well.

• BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

you could look for one that offers free remote hands or the option to do os installs from the client portal

• PwnerPwner Member

With the rates they're charging and the service you seem to be getting, I'd look into finding a better provider. Yours is way overpriced for what they're offering.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • AthylAthyl Member

@CenTexHosting said:
    you could look for one that offers free remote hands or the option to do os installs from the client portal

Hmm that was my mistake.

• AthylAthyl Member

Finally i got the response from him after 54 hours!

Hi, yesterday was a public holiday in my country and I’m still enjoying my holidays in Austria. If you have a urgent problem, contact the other guys in the office via ticket / phone.

Already contacted the support on ticket but still no response from last 48 hours..

Seems like i lost my 110 Euro

• BopieBopie Member

@William said:

This +1 also make sure you are using internet explorer otherwise it plays up.

• AthylAthyl Member

@Bopie said:

@William said:

There was a firewall problem, He replied me that there was new ports on iLO4 so i enable it on firewall and then suddenly he become offline on skype.

Now the port of virtual media is still block on iLO so now i need to again wait for 2-3 days then he will unblock the port of virtual media and then i will install OS.

• cociucociu Member

Athyl said: Their terms are if i want them to reinstall the OS they charge 30 Euro for it and If server takes more than 15 minutes then i need to pay 22.50 Euro / 15 Minutes.

in 2017 this is a really bullshit ! almost all providers is provide ilo for free now. Go rappid from there!

• cociucociu Member

just curios , what is the price for dedi and the specs... if is possible to know.

• BopieBopie Member

@Athyl said:

@Bopie said:

@William said:

There was a firewall problem, He replied me that there was new ports on iLO4 so i enable it on firewall and then suddenly he become offline on skype.

Now the port of virtual media is still block on iLO so now i need to again wait for 2-3 days then he will unblock the port of virtual media and then i will install OS.

Yes for sure you need to move that server else where

• cociucociu Member

Athyl said: Seems like i lost my 110 Euro

lost ? no way , the guy is in vacations ... so nothing lost here.

• AthylAthyl Member

@cociu said:
    just curios , what is the price for dedi and the specs... if is possible to know.

HP BL460c G8 -
    Xeon E5-2640 -
    32GB DDR3 ECC -
    2x 120GB SSD -
    2TB iSCSI Storage -
    1Gbit Uplink -
    15TB Traffic -
    /26 IPv4-Subnet -
    iLO4 -

Germany Location

@cociu said:

Athyl said: Seems like i lost my 110 Euro

lost ? no way , the guy is in vacations ... so nothing lost here.

I don't think so because the replies are to much rudely after my purchase, Seems like they are interested on the Euro only not on the clients!

• cociucociu Member

Athyl said: I don't think so because the replies are to much rudely after my purchase, Seems like they are interested on the Euro only not on the clients!

i meen is spend your money in some "sisters"and ignore his clients ...

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • AthylAthyl Member

@cociu said:

Athyl said: I don't think so because the replies are to much rudely after my purchase, Seems like they are interested on the Euro only not on the clients!

i meen is spend your money in some "sisters"and ignore his clients ...

Deep saids !