Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone who needs Korean VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone who needs Korean VPS?

RelipRelip Member

We are currently developing VPS web interface and internal code. Before contracting with IDC, we'd like to know how many people in LET needs Korean VPS.

It'll be Xen powered VPS with one IPv4 address or private IP (with http proxy and port forwarding, and it'll be rather cheaper). Unfortunately, IPv6 is not available in Korea since IPv6 support is not available even in famous IDCs.

Server location is Daegu, South Korea, and the ISP is SK Broadband (100Mbps). In Tokyo, Dallas, and Freemont can use full 100Mbps speed. Germany was 6MB/s. We can’t give you a test link for speed test since we did not contract with IDC yet. Sorry.

We will use our custom codes for the control panel. I assure that our custom codes can provide more features than other solutions, such as SolusVM.

Price will be determined by LET guideline, which is starting from $7 with no setup fee. For the payment option, we can provide MasterCard, VISA, Paypal.

Server spec is Intel Xeon E3-1230V2 w/ RAID 10 disks. We promise that we do not oversell RAM, HDD, etc.

For customer service, English, Korean and Japanese are available; English CS might be rusty.

The most important thing is this; you do not need to go Korean embassy to request the Alien Registration Number. Unlike other VPS providers in Korea, we do not need your Alien Registration Number to use our services.

If your response is positive, we are planning to launch our service between August and September.

Comments

• I'd take one. What would the bandwidth and hard drive space look like for the plans? And would IRC be allowed?

• RelipRelip Member

@Magiobiwan said:
    I'd take one. What would the bandwidth and hard drive space look like for the plans? And would IRC be allowed?

I'll be like
    256MB/20GB HDD/500GB Bandwidth
    512MB/50GB HDD/1TB Bandwidth
    ... and so on

And yes, IRC would be allowed.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2013

Yes this is awesome. I am sure many people will be interested.

www.skbroadband.com this ISP?
    50ms from Japan
    40ms from Hong Kong
    72ms from Singapore

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited June 2013

@Relip said:

Price will be determined by LET guideline, which is starting from $7 with no setup fee. For the payment option, we can provide MasterCard, VISA, Paypal.

As far as i know, LowEndBox prices are up to $7/month, not starting from $7/month. That's why it's called LowEndBox, and that's why we are all gathered here.

• AmfyAmfy Member
    edited June 2013

As far as i know, LowEndBox prices are up to $7/month, not starting from $7/month. That's why it's called LowEndBox, and that's why we are all gathered here.

Nah, not really. Especially for Asian based locations it's totally fine if the provider has only one deal that fits the LEB needs/rules to get listed here.

• RelipRelip Member

@Janevski said:

Oh, completely misunderstood that part. But minimum plan (which I'll advertise when it is ready) will be cheaper than $7, more like $5 or something?

@rm_ said:

50ms from Japan
    40ms from Hong Kong
    72ms from Singapore

Yes, that ISP. And thank you!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Do whatevery you are comfertable with, sounds like a good deal. Just make sure the math all adds up. ;-)

For the offer to be allowed here it has to be below $7/month.

Thanked by 2Amfy Relip
  • +1 for exotic location. I'll buy one just to support you!

• awsonawson Member

Personally I don't have anything to use one for, but I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in a Korea VPS :)

Thanked by 1Relip
  • shunnyshunny Member

What other peering does the datacenter have?

• As far as i know, LowEndBox prices are up to $7/month, not starting from $7/month. That's why it's called LowEndBox, and that's why we are all gathered here.

I'm here primarily for the popcorn not the low prices but I would be interested in a South Korea VPS. :P

50ms from Japan
    40ms from Hong Kong
    72ms from Singapore

414ms from my VPS in Chennai, India (routing is going India>London>then back east to Asia)

Thanked by 1Relip
  • Yeah I'd get one, not easy to find stuff at that price close to Japan.

Thanked by 1Relip
  • RelipRelip Member

@shunny AS3786, LG Dacom. I'm not sure for exact AS number, though.

• JyleeJylee Member, Host Rep

Pinging www.skbroadband.com [222.235.66.10] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 222.235.66.10: bytes=32 time=311ms TTL=240

bad ping from China :|

• RelipRelip Member

@Jylee how about 218.54.45.45? This is the official homepage ip of the DC that I mentioned on the post.

• I would buy one without a second though. with the problems with my current VPS and moving to Korea soon having services already running would be great

Thanked by 1Relip
  • asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited June 2013

Do we get our money back if North Korea decides it wants to implement its one Korea reunification plan?

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Please inform me when you launch a Korean VPS.

I think Korea located in ASIA?

• how about 218.54.45.45?

The routing and ping times on that IP from my VPS in India to Korea are much better than the ping times I posted earlier (the first ping times were to the skbroadband.com website). The routing is going through Singapore and ping times are around 290ms.

DewlanceVPS said "I think Korea located in ASIA?"

yes.... //facepalm

Thanked by 1Relip
  • praveenpraveen Member
    edited June 2013

Interested if i can get 512 mb ~ 5$ per month

Thanked by 1Relip
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2013

@asterisk14 said:
    Do we get our money back if North Korea decides it wants to implement its one Korea reunification plan?

From what i'd guess (Seoul is just a few km off the border) there won't be much people left to send out refunds in this case...

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Are you going to use your own AS?

• No, SKs, BGP is restricted in KR.

• ayikayik Member

interested,
    i hope i cant try ur server,
    FYI i have 70 vps in singapore, (i can proof to u if u want :D)

Thanked by 1Relip
  • RelipRelip Member

@asterisk14 said:

This is very complicated question... I think definately not going to happen though.

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Please inform me when you launch a Korean VPS.

I think Korea located in ASIA?

Sure thing! And yes.

@gbshouse said:
    Are you going to use your own AS?

We don't have plan for request AS from KISA, since we will not(more like can't) contract two or more different line with DC.

• tommytommy Member

@rm_ said:

50ms from Japan
    40ms from Hong Kong
    72ms from Singapore

from Indonesia

PING skbroadband.com (222.235.66.10) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 222.235.66.10: icmp_seq=1 ttl=236 time=750 ms
    64 bytes from 222.235.66.10: icmp_seq=2 ttl=236 time=767 ms
    64 bytes from 222.235.66.10: icmp_seq=3 ttl=236 time=685 ms
    64 bytes from 222.235.66.10: icmp_seq=4 ttl=236 time=772 ms
    64 bytes from 222.235.66.10: icmp_seq=5 ttl=236 time=662 ms

--- skbroadband.com ping statistics ---
    6 packets transmitted, 5 received, 16% packet loss, time 6015ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 662.909/727.717/772.739/45.042 ms

8  116.51.26.33 (116.51.26.33)  447.041 ms 116.51.26.37 (116.51.26.37)  472.244 ms 116.51.26.33 (116.51.26.33)  473.065 ms
     9  ae-1.r21.sngpsi02.sg.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.6.104)  449.398 ms * *
    10  * * *
    11  * * p16-1.hanarotelecom.tokyjp01.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.8.126)  596.118 ms
    12  58.229.92.229 (58.229.92.229)  642.425 ms  651.739 ms  650.812 ms
    13  58.229.10.6 (58.229.10.6)  687.687 ms * *
    14  * * *
    15  211.245.22.38 (211.245.22.38)  709.579 ms * *
    16  * * *
    17  * * *

this time I'm out :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@tommy could have included more hops before the 8th, to make your trace a bit less useless in understanding what's actually going on.

• RelipRelip Member

@tommy Please ping/traceroute to 218.54.45.45. Server location of skbroadband.com is bit far from the DC that I mentioned above.

• gameongameon Member

Defnitly interested. would buy a couple of 1GB boxes if prices right ;)

Thanked by 1Relip
  • This seems like a very neat deal indeed! Would definitely be interested in services in that part of the world!.

Thanked by 1Relip