Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ex-customer claims scam for incorrectly entering email address - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ex-customer claims scam for incorrectly entering email address

124»

Comments

• wjtwjt Member

It takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it. In times like these, i assume there should be some form of disaster recovery/mitigation, shouldn't have to wait very long for it. A simple apology will do, "sorry, i abused my power", and move on.

I've seen businesses get destroyed literally, from very well known and recommended brand to ashes all because of 1 bad move.

Thanked by 2jiggawatt pluush
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited May 2017

Ishaq said: He made a libellous, false statement that I knew was wrong.

Yeah, so many providers can say that on here where clients have posted negative things. They can't abuse their position of an administrator to fix that can they.

And If they had sent you a message about it I am sure your response would be free speech and whatever...

The halo slipped and nearly choked you.

The is only thing that makes all this palatable, @Jarland, he makes the right decisions regardless.

Thanked by 3Ympker jiggawatt J1021
  • jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited May 2017

jcaleb said: I think what can be said has been mentioned already. Maybe lets move on

Nah - users need to speak up about this.

There are plenty of forums on the 'net - some unmoderated and some poorly moderated with obvious bias.

But LET is rare because the moderators, who are actually seasoned, thick-skinned SysAdmins themselves, generally do not take things personally and moderate well. They know what the users want and they responsibly serve it. They are not autistic and they have (generally) demonstrated a lot of integrity.

This is classic Nemo iudex in causa sua. I think @Ishaq is the type to see his mistake. I think he also sees that nearly everybody on here would have readily shot down @bsdguy 's B.S. if need be.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited May 2017

I see a few things. The admin made a mistake, making an example of the customer after customer's comments on his business. Looks like it backfired.

Customer enters wrong email address and wrongly assumes things about the business.

The correct procedure most likely would've been to supply a transaction ID proving the original purchase, refund the purchase and customer signs up again using a working email address.

I don't see any massive mistake by either party, just a bunch of incorrect assumptions leading to more. Common sense should prevail, thread dies, think more objectively.

• daffydaffy Member

It was all a misunderstanding?

Debian, thx

• WinneWinne Member

Why was this thread created again ?

That guy message was so harmless, budgetnode's admins need a thicker skin.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

ricardo said: The correct procedure most likely would've been to supply a transaction ID proving the original purchase, refund the purchase and customer signs up again using a working email address.

It is obvious that the customer is wrong, but is a minor issue.

I don't see any massive mistake by either party, just a bunch of incorrect assumptions leading to more. Common sense should prevail, thread dies, think more objectively.

i believe the host made a horrible mistake

• JordanJordan Member
    edited May 2017

@bsdguy said:
    @Jordan

Don't you get it? You are working for ishaq - nobody with a brain takes you to be impartial or objective.

Well done for choosing the cheap way to avoid my question, once again.

• @Ishaq said:
    All of this is a bit unfortunate but he is being very unreasonable and creating drama for his own mistake.

Drama?

Aren't you the one who created this thread?

Yes, @bsdguy was wrong, but you're the one who tried to flip over on a public forum.

Thanked by 2Lee Host4Go
  • @Jordan both Ishaq & bsdguy are at fault, for different reasons, but there is no reason to keep this thread going on. It's only going to make it worse.

Thanked by 2lion Foul
  • @varunchopra said:

@Ishaq said:
    All of this is a bit unfortunate but he is being very unreasonable and creating drama for his own mistake.

Drama?

Yes, @bsdguy was wrong, but you're the one who tried to flip over on a public forum.

He split this thread of from another to prevent it from getting derailed. He didn't on his own accord open this thread out of the blue.

• @Dextronox said:

@varunchopra said:

@Ishaq said:

Drama?

He split this thread of from another to prevent it from getting derailed. He didn't on his own accord open this thread out of the blue.

Wait, so did bsdguy actually think doing that would achieve something?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dimitrisp said:
    there is no reason to keep this thread going on. It's only going to make it worse.

Agreed.

Thanked by 1dimitrisp
This discussion has been closed.