Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ex-customer claims scam for incorrectly entering email address - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ex-customer claims scam for incorrectly entering email address

Comments

• corbpiecorbpie Member

I'd expect every provider to apply for mod rights, so they can just delete any negative threads about their company. Shitty thing to do

Thanked by 1JahAGR
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

jcaleb said: @Rhys tldr from your point of view?

Sorry I meant @bsdguy

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@jcaleb said:
    @Rhys tldr from your point of view?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This is the post by @bsdguy that was deleted:

And you are on the lucky side. With me they pulled off the "there is no order from you" trick.

As far as I'm concerned any provider with Ishaq involved clearly is a "stay away!" zone. Or in other words: I'll make sure that Ishaqs "no order from you" will be true for eternity, no matter how cheap.

Thanked by 2jcaleb soulorr
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

jarland said: This is the post by @bsdguy that was deleted:

I believe this is just a comment on the other thread right? not a new thread created against the host

jcaleb said: I believe this is just a comment on the other thread right? not a new thread created against the host

Correct.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

So defensive it seems

• IshaqIshaq Member

@jcaleb said: I believe this is just a comment on the other thread right? not a new thread created against the host

Correct.

For context and better understanding, he claims that we told him he doesn't exist on our system but that was because he typo'd his email when he ordered.

All of this is a bit unfortunate but he is being very unreasonable and creating drama for his own mistake.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Ishaq said: Correct.

For context and better understanding, he claims that we told him he doesn't exist on our system but that was because he typo'd his email when he ordered.

All of this is a bit unfortunate but he is being very unreasonable and creating drama for his own mistake.

You may be right. But how you handled it is not ideal.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited May 2017

@Ishaq said:

@jcaleb said: I believe this is just a comment on the other thread right? not a new thread created against the host

Correct.

Why not just put your side of things in his thread than wipe it of the internet?

Thanked by 1Junkless

corbpie said: Why not just put our side of things in his thread than wipe it of the internet?

He didn't create a thread, he replied to: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/113692/budgetnode-discontinues-15-yearly-kvm-product

All but that deleted post was moved here.

• teamaccteamacc Member

@Ishaq said:

Correct.

Why not make such a post in response to his post, instead of deleting it entirely?

Currently, you have way more drama on your hands than when you would just stay calm and discuss/explain the issue.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@corbpie said: Why not just put your side of things in his thread than wipe it of the internet?

Not sure what you mean? I moved everything to this thread as the other one was being derailed.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Everything except the post that was deleted - you mean

• @jarland said:
    To be clear, I do not think it is okay for a provider to be removing negative posts about their services unless the user has requested that they do so. If it needs to be removed, it should be removed by another admin/mod and kept around in a private forum for transparency between the staff members here.

I am glad to see this response. This should be a rule so that every providers are treated fairly. Thanks to clarify Jarland :-)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

hawc said: Everything except the post that was deleted - you mean

And yes, derailing a thread is a very big issue at LET :p

Thanked by 2switsys Lee
  • NuntiusNuntius Member

@Ishaq said:

@corbpie said: Why not just put your side of things in his thread than wipe it of the internet?

Not sure what you mean? I moved everything to this thread as the other one was being derailed.

Wow the worst part I think is that you don't even understand that you did something wrong with the delete of the OP post. Even if he is wrong you have no right todo so. And I have to say it shows BudgetNode and you in person in a bad light.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • JordanJordan Member

@Nuntius said:

@Ishaq said:

Wow the worst part I think is that you don't even understand that you did something wrong with the delete of the OP post. Even if he is wrong you have no right todo so. And I have to say it shows BudgetNode and you in person in a bad light.

Stop exaggerating. He was correcting the incorrect assumption a whole thread was deleted.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • IshaqIshaq Member
    edited May 2017

@Nuntius said:

I agree that it should have been split off instead (and handled by another staff member), but I've recovered the comment now and @jarland posted it here.

He made a libellous, false statement that I knew was wrong. I have spoken to the other staff about it as well (for second opinion).

If this was another business that I was not part of being lied about and they could prove it, I would (and have) removed false claims of scams before. This is no different (apart from claims of bias, which I expected).

• bsdguybsdguy Member

I'm glad to see that some reason has returned and that my posts aren't just wanton deleted like before.

So, here goes: I myself mentioned that I was in part responsible for the problem. To frankly say that is a question of fairness as well as the difference between criticism and smearing someone.

Also, yes, it was not me who opened this thread. In fact, I only made a remark because there was already a thread and people wondering about the validity of budgetnode offers/products.
    I myself ordered about 3 weeks ago - and nobody heard a single tone from me about it. It's simple not my style to open a thread and start a witch hunt for a some (not too grave) trouble.
    But when others opened a thread I added my experience (which also means that ishaqs title change was arbitrary and maniac/not at all based on reality).

Fact is that ishaq provably abused his admin power and mixed up his company interests with those of his company. Moreover he serial-abused his admin power to wanton delete posts from myself and even from his stand ins.

Short ishaq the budgetnode guy had ishaq the LET admin to clean up, bend and mute in this thread to his businesses - and, so it seems personal - interest. Plus (see the changed title) he turned this thread into his private war zone and did any- and everything to win that personal war, no matter what. Hell, he even broke business and legal rules (like never ever, no matter what, make anything client-private public).

For a comparison: jarland also has a business but I never saw him abuse his admin role for his business interests. That's the holy rule #1 for any admin.

Short, ishaq, who in modestly heavy seas may be a good captain, turned berserk today and broke pretty much any rule an admin can possibly break.

Do I look bad here, do I look like the asshole? Of course I do! But then one should keep in mind that an admin going berserk can very easily make things look any way he likes.

Thanks to jarland for reintroducing some fairness and reason.

edited May 2017

@bsdguy said:
    Also, yes, it was not me who opened this thread.

Nobody ever said you did. But you were derailing it and if you haven't noticed that's become more and more of an issue on LET and you're not helping it.

bsdguy said: business and legal rules

I'd love to see where he broke any legal "rules".

bsdguy said: from his stand ins

I speak for myself and only myself so you cant quit that crap.

bsdguy said: It's simple not my style to open a thread and start a witch hunt for a some (not too grave) trouble.

hypocrites are fun

Thanked by 3Yura ucxo Jordan
  • bsdguybsdguy Member

@jcaleb said:

No, it's illegal. Literally.

And again: I myself "confessed" that I was responsible in part. Before any accusations against me.

An egomaniac out of control can take that as an invitation to hit. A reasonable person, however, would think "Hmm, he doesn't paint a one sided picture and he publicly states that he is partly responsible, too" and react more rational and fair. But that's not the path ishaq chose.

And again: Unlike what the - raped and bent by ishaq - title suggests it was no me who opened this thread.

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@Rhys

Sorry, I don't discuss with consistently one-sided pals from ishaq.

And btw, I did not derail the thread. I merely added my experience/view to an existing thread.

bsdguy said: Sorry, I don't discuss with consistently one-sided pals from ishaq.

And I guess I only discuss with people that can type their email correctly? I can be petty too if you're going to be.

Thanked by 2ucxo boernd
  • JordanJordan Member
    edited May 2017

@bsdguy said:

@jcaleb said:

And again: I myself "confessed" that I was responsible in part. Before any accusations against me.

An egomaniac out of control can take that as an invitation to hit. A reasonable person, however, would think "Hmm, he doesn't paint a one sided picture and he publicly states that he is partly responsible, too" and react more rational and fair. But that's not the path ishaq chose.

And again: Unlike what the - raped and bent by ishaq - title suggests it was no me who opened this thread.

No it isn't illegal. You can keep saying that all you want. But I asked you earlier what act it broke and you couldn't provide an answer.

A company is perfectly entitled to provide details in such a manner. No personal data was shared. You are essentially suggesting no company can ever defend themselves in the public eye because they are not allowed to provide an account on an incident.

Thanked by 4Rhys Yura ucxo nulldev

@Jordan said:

@bsdguy said:

@jcaleb said:

No it isn't illegal. You can keep saying that all you want. But I asked you earlier what act it broke and you couldn't provide an answer.

A company is perfectly entitled to provide details in such a manner. No personal data was shared.

Thanked by 2Jordan Yura
  • @sibaper said:
    Let's battle on public forum begin.

Customer VS Provider

What happened to "the customer is always right"? (rhetorical)

• ljsealsljseals Member

In my life life I have made many mistakes.... We all make mistakes and we can agree that many times that written speech on the internet gets misinterpreted. When this occurs it is best to pray and ask for the Lord's help as many times you will regret what was said afterwards.

The reality is that @Ishaq is part of a business that does not want to be slandered. @Bsdguy wants to be treated fairly as a paying customer who expects satisfaction of his contract.

These two things do not have to be at odds at one another. We ALL have faults...

Thanked by 1Nick
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

It's a disappointing day. Thankfully @jarland is fair.

• @Ishaq said:

@TheOnlyDK said: Negative reviews = sales.

You're probably right but that's besides the point. This guy seems to be bored so he's making this a big deal when it was all his fault from the start.

Just saying: can everyone just hold their damn hands together? I mean, yes, both bsdguy and you made a mistake, but does it need an entire argument? The majority of the forum is comprised of adults, and this situation certainly wasn't handled like one.

From my point of view:

• bsdguy was angry because of a mistyped email

• Ishaq deletes it and keeps rubbing and (probably) provoking him more

• this mess was created

A tl;dr for today is that mistakes happen, and no one is perfect. Arguing about something so small and using admin powers in such a way is unacceptable. Get to your senses everyone; this forum is going downhill.

Thanked by 2Nuntius ucxo
This discussion has been closed.