Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ex-customer claims scam for incorrectly entering email address - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ex-customer claims scam for incorrectly entering email address

Comments

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@Jordan said:

@Nuntius said:

@Ishaq said:

@corbpie said: Why not just put your side of things in his thread than wipe it of the internet?

Not sure what you mean? I moved everything to this thread as the other one was being derailed.

Wow the worst part I think is that you don't even understand that you did something wrong with the delete of the OP post. Even if he is wrong you have no right todo so. And I have to say it shows BudgetNode and you in person in a bad light.

Stop exaggerating. He was correcting the incorrect assumption a whole thread was deleted.

and how does this makes it better?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

doghouch said: this forum is going downhill

I disagree. This is a one-off case and it has been resolved as much as it can be. It will not happen again. I can be as much a thorn in someone's side as I can an ally, and that preference is left to the other person to decide which they would prefer of me. It will not happen again.

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@Jordan

Don't you get it? You are working for ishaq - nobody with a brain takes you to be impartial or objective.

@doghouch

Well, not really but I can understand if you come to that conclusion.

You see, the problem wasn't my first (now restored, thanks to @jarland) post, no my experience. Those things happen. People (except, of course, Rhys and Jordan) mistype a letter occasionally and providers have a bad day occasionally.

The problem started when ishaq wasn't pleased and mixed up his personal interests and his admin role and, even worse, when he lost any self-restraint and extremely escalated this whole thing, serial-abused his admin-role, had go-fors/employees take his position, and broke pretty much every rule - but could not even manage any reply from me.
    He is admin, he had all the weapons in his private war that he began against me and I had no weapons at all - and yet even that wasn't unbalanced enough, he deleted posts, ridiculously changed the title to make it look as if I had opened the thread, etc.

Bad luck, though. I had multiple providers who made positive statements about me, I don't sell anything and I have helped quite a few people during my time here. Plus, that's important, I did not make noise, let alone start a thread in the about 3 weeks since I bought and payed in advance a VPS. I only said something when others started to talk about budgetnode.
    So any attempt to make me look like someone who is out for trouble and for starting a war is on a losing position anyway.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited May 2017

@jarland said:

[someone said]this forum is going downhill

I disagree. This is a one-off case and it has been resolved as much as it can be. It will not happen again. I can be as much a thorn in someone's side as I can an ally, and that preference is left to the other person to decide which they would prefer of me. It will not happen again.

And I have enough trust in you - trust that you earned - to believe you.

What you did today was about the only thing (short of ishaq being fired) to somewhat mitigate the situation. It can't be repaired; too much damage has been done and too many posts have been deleted but what could be done was done by you: To provide solid ground for those of us who like LET and who want it to not go downhill (I'm one of those. I like LET).

Thank you.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jarland Wait... I thought that you'd pick up on my rant (on Discord) :(

It was about: the lack of updates (broken search, multiple thanks, etc), the refusal to change the forum software to something more secure and friendly), crappy offers @ LEB, spam, and more.

I mean, is it that hard? Flarum and Discourse Community are free. Plus, the only time we get updates are when there is a leak/hack that actually happens.

I'm frustrated about the "Vulnerability? Who cares? We'll fix it eventually, but we can put it on the back burner until something bad happens" attitude. I really hope that this changes.

doghouch said: It was about: the lack of updates (broken search, multiple thanks, etc), the refusal to change the forum software to something more secure and friendly), crappy offers @ LEB, spam, and more.

I can tell you the number of times I've asked for this to be done before today, and it's zero. I've heard the complaints but, frankly, they will always exist no matter what is improved. I stand by Vanilla as key to LET's continued success, but yes a few fixes would be good.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • saf31saf31 Member

Thanked by 2jcaleb Ympker
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

I don't want to walk into a storm.. but.. this would all have been resolved immediately if the account opened using the incorrect e-mail was refunded/closed right? I mean, I personally refund orders immediately if I see a bounced e-mail because I know it's going to either become trouble or spam my inboxes eventually.

or maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole thing? oh well.

• ok, since @ishaq has committed this horrible atrocity, the only way he can save face is of course to unban WSS as this is the obvious solution

Regards

Chris Ryan

Director, International Bank of Mali

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

@maldovia said:
    ok, since @ishaq has committed this horrible atrocity, the only way he can save face is of course to unban WSS as this is the obvious solution

Regards

Chris Ryan

Director, International Bank of Mali

Sorry bud but WSS will not return even if they unban him. He no longer thinks of this place as a place for him.

• @Ishaq said:

@bsdguy said:
    ishaq, the budgetnode manager, who just happens to be an admin here, deleted my post which he didn't like.

Just FYI. Probably this thread should be somewhere else where ishaq isn't admin.

It was removed for being libellous, false, and potentially damaging to the business for a mistake made by you.

You entered your email incorrectly and could not login, or receive our emails. You jumped to the conclusion that we tricked/scammed you when you were told that "No client was found with that email" when you sent in a guest ticket from the correct email.

This is your fault, and you need to accept that.

Ban me if you like but don't you think that you got a conflict of interest here?

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited May 2017

@MikeA said:
    I don't want to walk into a storm.. but.. this would all have been resolved immediately if the account opened using the incorrect e-mail was refunded/closed right? I mean, I personally refund orders immediately if I see a bounced e-mail because I know it's going to either become trouble or spam my inboxes eventually.

or maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole thing? oh well.

There was just 1 missing letter and I politely contacted them from the correct email (incl. that 1 letter) asking what could've been going wrong. Something like my email is "[email protected]" and I mistyped it to "[email protected]".

Not meaning to warm it up again but things aren't all that black and white as they've been made to look like.

@AuroraZ said:
    Sorry bud but WSS will not return even if they unban him. He no longer thinks of this place as a place for him.

Sad story. I liked that blondie. And he even assured me that he is no manatee! That's something that means a lot to me.

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred

bsdguy said: Sad story. I liked that blondie. And he even assured me that he is no manatee! That's something that means a lot to me.

Me also man me also. No he is no manatee but he might be a Sloth. Kind of hard to get a bead on him sometimes. :)

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited May 2017

Ishaq said: It was removed for being libellous, false, and potentially damaging to the business for a mistake made by you.

you see this is the problem, and why people who run businesses should not have been admin here. you cannot seperate personal and business attitude/posts.

granted customer may be good/bad however to back your own part up you should not delete things such as complaints. if i was some random person i would potentially believe bsdguy here.

sadly i have also been a victim of certain peoples attacks. thankfully we have a great admin @jarland

• XeiXei Member
    edited May 2017

The first post is very clear. Customer screws up and blames the company, they refunded him anyways. Misspelling an email is seriously incompetent anyhow. Surprised there's 2 pages of him crying victim and having faced atrocities. For all I know he could be trying to scam them...

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Xei said: The first post is very clear. Customer screws up and blames the company, they refunded him anyways. Misspelling an email is seriously incompetent anyhow. Surprised there's 2 pages of him crying victim and having faced atrocities.

No one cares on the incident about the customer. The issue is different

TarZZ92 said: and why people who run businesses should not have been admin here. you cannot seperate personal and business attitude/posts

I submit that a bad mod/admin can come from any walk of life and any profession, but what should be held in highest regard is their ability to be fair. Not that they should never be questioned or accused of not being fair, as I suspect anyone would, but they should hold themselves to high standards.

Ishaq is someone I have found to be of high standards but, like most people I know (myself included), does get stressed and makes mistakes. It's not an excuse, and this can't/won't happen again, but he is a damn hard worker who cares about the community.

Anyway, won't be an issue again. I'd take the scorched earth approach. I'm not even considering what that would look like, because it's a non-issue moving forward.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited May 2017

@jarland

Maybe you can find at least the OP post and change the title back. ishaq has completely bent everything so as to suite his business interests. He changed the title, he changed the OP to be himself, the whole thing starts in a way that he invented.
    The thread originally was opened by someone else, there was another OP post, there were other posts, too (which ishaq deleted to make it look the way he pleases), etc.

ishaq massacred and completely bent/perverted the whole threat.

I understand that you can't repair much. But at least the decency should be expected to change it back to something it actually was and to not let it stand in a completely perverted way. If nothing else works, delete it.

Among other reasons for the evident fact that ishaq did exactly what he accused me of. He changed and faked so much that the current threat is absolutely nothing to do with what this was and the way ishaq perverted it, it's actually smearing me ("libel, slander").

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Cheap drama

Thanked by 2Amitz Yura

bsdguy said: Maybe you can find at least the OP post and change the title back. ishaq has completely bent everything so as to suite his business interests. He changed the title, he changed the OP to be himself, the whole thing starts in a way that he invented. The thread originally was opened by someone else, there was another OP post, there were other posts, too (which ishaq deleted to make it look the way he pleases), etc.

I'm not sure I follow. The title and original post here look fine to me: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/113692/budgetnode-discontinues-15-yearly-kvm-product

I think it may be confusion over what this thread is. Posts were moved out of that thread and into a new thread, that being this one.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@hawc said:

@Rhys said:

@jarland said:

@hawc said:
    Any chance of rolling back the edit then?

vanilla upgrades

you wish

This is Colo "It works, so just leave it and never touch it again" Crossing.

I tried to raise the issue of upgrading Vanilla in Cest Pit last week, but not much reaction ...

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@jarland said:
    I'm not sure I follow. The title and original post here look fine to me: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/113692/budgetnode-discontinues-15-yearly-kvm-product

I think it may be confusion over what this thread is. Posts were moved out of that thread and into a new thread, that being this one.

Oops. you are right. I was mistaken in that.

• AmitzAmitz Member

netomx said: Cheap drama

To be honest: I also expected a bit more violence and sex for my USD 7. But I am probably spoiled, that's all.

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I read the first 2 posts, this reminded me why it's horrible to be an admin/mod and a host here.

Decided not to read the rest.

Thanked by 3Xei BeardyUnixGuy Foul
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I read the first 2 posts, this reminded me why it's horrible to be an admin/mod and a host here.

Decided not to read the rest.

You should read the rest.. lol

• AnthonySmith said: Decided not to read the rest.

Go on. You know you want to. :)

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited May 2017

@Ishaq @Jordan I have to agree with @jarland on this one

If there are any posts about your own host, no matter how blatantly frivolous, you need to recuse yourself, no matter how blatantly frivolous.

This forum would have absolutely defended BudgetNode, too. Look at @Francisco 's BuyVM: nearly everybody agrees that BuyVM Customer Support is rubbish, and it generates SMH, yet they are still in business and this forum defends BuyVM almost every time. And BudgetNode is in the premier league; BuyVM is just recreational bowls club in comparison.

Reputation is important. It takes a long time to develop a reputation - but just one stupid action to tear it all down.

• nepsneps Member

Ishaq said: entering in his email address incorrectly

I stopped here

• jcalebjcaleb Member

I think what can be said has been mentioned already. Maybe lets move on

• MacPacMacPac Member
    edited May 2017

1 I see that the OP has used a wrong email to register his services with the provider which is his fault not to receive any services and the provider has issued a refund.

2 don't expect the top world class SLA, 100% uptime and 24/7 active support with your SO CHEAP VPS.

3 anything less than $3/month is just for educational purpose, expect it to be gone at any time without even a notice.

4 Get a life.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.