Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Vultr do a refund ? - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does Vultr do a refund ?

124»

Comments

• drakuladrakula Member

@rm_ said:

drakula said: My gut tells me soon vultr will provide the $2.5 but the location only available in US just to make their point that they provide the $2.5 plan and you may not be able to ask refund just because it's not located in the country that you want.

So, it goes EXACTLY as predicted.

it's time the trapped $2.5 customers expecting other location to pray that they would get the refund if their expected location is not available

• r0xzr0xz Member

@willie said:
    I spun one up (above) just to see if it worked, then spun it down a few minutes later since I have plenty of vps already. Why does everyone think a $2.50, 512MB vps from them is so amazing? They are plentiful here on LET including from good vendors if you pay monthly, and if you only want a server for a few hours $2.50 = $5 more or less. I have a promo 2GB VPS-SSD-1 from OVH for $1.75 (50% off usual $3.50), You can get a whole ARM dedicated server from Online for 3 euro/month, etc.

I like Vultr for the most part too, but this $2.50 shenanigan (even though they're in a couple of locations at the moment) is still bogus.

cheap way for BGP/announce IP space

Thanked by 1willie
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2017

willie said: Why does everyone think a $2.50, 512MB vps from them is so amazing? They are plentiful here on LET including from good vendors if you pay monthly

Vultr is regarded as a premium provider here, mainly due to the market space they seek to compete in and their feature set. They came out of the gate as a DO/Linode contender. Frankly, as far as functionality goes, they are top tier. The only LE* focused provider I can compare features to, from memory at least, would be Lunanode. Lunanode is amazing, but lacks diversity in locations.

Cheap automated backups, snapshot, firewall above instance layer, block storage, API. These are things most LE* providers simply don't have, and this is a very cheap foot in the door to those features.

Thanked by 2angstrom sin
  • corbpiecorbpie Member

@willie goodluck getting a kvm in Australia with anyone else near Vultrs prices

• williewillie Member

corbpie said: @willie goodluck getting a kvm in Australia with anyone else near Vultrs prices

Will this do? https://www.ovh.com.au/vps/vps-ssd.xml

Note those are AU dollars = about 0.75 USD each.

• oshqeuoshqeu Member

Hi willie, did you use ovh vps in Australia what speed ssd they have ? we have in Europe - speed is 175mb/s

Vultr soon enable his $2.5 vps need more time for wait.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited May 2017

@willie said:

corbpie said: @willie goodluck getting a kvm in Australia with anyone else near Vultrs prices

Will this do? https://www.ovh.com.au/vps/vps-ssd.xml

Note those are AU dollars = about 0.75 USD each.

Can't get them in Aus

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@willie said: I like Vultr for the most part too, but this $2.50 shenanigan (even though they're in a couple of locations at the moment) is still bogus.

Perhaps a harsh judgment!

Just think of the $2.50 plan as a special deal, a promotional item, a rare commodity. De facto, this is what it is, even if Vultr doesn't advertise it as such. One can choose to see all sorts of intrigue in the background if one wants, but it's also a fact that this rare commodity is occasionally available (if rarely).

• XeiXei Member
    edited May 2017

The amount of hate is a bit excessive but not unsurprising. They're one of the most stable / consistent providers I've ever had and I've been with a great many.

Thanked by 1sin
  • jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited May 2017

angstrom said: Just think of the $2.50 plan as a special deal, a promotional item, a rare commodity.

Yes - that's exactly what it is.

But...

It's permanently on the website. You have to register + add funds to discover that it's out of stock. Have you actually read any of the criticisms ?

And I'm not sure where there was any hate in this thread @Xei . I realize that we live in a "sensitive" time when (e.g.) more crybabies act like pussies and people with pussies increasingly think they treated unfairly/unequally, but critical discussion != vitriolic hate. LET is a scholarly place; a collective thought leader of the industry; an agglomeration of the principles that define good business and good hosting; an Anschluss of us as Hosts and Users. No hate here.

edited May 2017

@jiggawattz said: You have to register + add funds to discover that it's out of stock. Have you actually read any of the criticisms ?

Dude, I said the same thing myself earlier in this thread (just scroll up on page 2):

angstrom said: What I find less tolerable is that you have to both register and (so I'm told) deposit funds in order to see that the $2.50 plan isn't available. The only thing that counterbalances this is that Vultr apparently refunds your funds if you ask, so you can change your mind after seeing that the $2.50 plan isn't available. But in this case, it does seem like wasted energy on both sides (deposit funds, write ticket, answer ticket, refund funds).

@jiggawattz said: LET is a scholarly place; a collective thought leader of the industry; an agglomeration of the principles that define good business and good hosting; an Anschluss of us as Hosts and Users. No hate here.

As I also said earlier, at least you seem to have a sense of humor.

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited May 2017

angstrom said: Dude, I said the same thing myself earlier in this thread (just scroll up on page 2):

Yes - and that was over a week ago. I thought you must be suffering amnesia if you be regurgitating the same tired defense of Vultr that has been shot down by so many - including yourself! - in this thread thus far.

@jiggawattz said:

angstrom said: Dude, I said the same thing myself earlier in this thread (just scroll up on page 2):

Yes - and that was over a week ago. I thought you must be suffering amnesia if you be regurgitating the same tired defense of Vultr that has been shot down by so many - including yourself! - in this thread thus far.

Hey, I'm just trying to see the good in the bad (or the bad in the good). In life, things are seldom clearly black or white (or white or black). :-)

• Hi folks,
    Can I use vultr referral and match offer at the same time?
    Thanks.