Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you use MXroute? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you use MXroute?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

xaitmi said: I used to use Google Apps around a year ago and email would often go to spam, with MXRoute it always goes to INBOX :)

There is also a layer of spam that is sent to inboxes because customers requested it in large quantity. If you go to create an email filter, you can set one to move spam to a spam folder. This gets rid of a lot of it. The worst offenders, of course, get rejected outright, but a bunch still goes to inbox.

Seems that even though Gmail sets the industry standards and they filter email to a spam folder, customers get pissed when you filter their email into folders for them. That was something I learned.

xaitmi said: I use MXRoute, its great. I hope they figure out a solution to that Gmail issue soon because 90% of the time if I send an email to a gmail it takes 10-15 minutes to show up.

There's something else at play there. Not having an issues like that, only on rare occasions where email delays are reported on twitter/status page.

• Just like choosing any host for any kind of service, I recommend to actually try the service for a few months and judge for yourself. We all have slightly tweaked preferences.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MXRoute I've used for few years now, using free services is in the long distant past for me.

Thanked by 1jar
  • trewq said: You'll probably need one of the best machine learning teams in the world to get to their level :)

You also need to scan the email of millions of people simultaneously so you can peg something as likely spam if it's sent out to too many people at once.

Thanked by 3jar trewq netomx
  • @jarland Quick qn.. Is there a possibility to add buy storage?

I like that MXroute has an overall space allocation where I can allocate to each user (unlike a fixed common number for each user whether or not they need that space). However, if the overall storage exceeds 40 GB, is there a way to pay for more storage?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

You can not go wrong with jarland ,he is pro in his stuff !!

Thanked by 1jar
  • MikyMiky Member
    edited April 2017

All has been said already :-)

Have been using MXRoute from the beginning. @jarland is a great guy who really goes far to help.

Incoming spam is indeed higher than google, but google did delete some important ones for me.

MXRoute +1

Thanked by 1jar
  • I do already use MxRoute, for important emails too. I get a perfect score on mail-tester. No problems with delivery or any missing emails. Spam is almost non existent, but I don't go around signing up at shady places with these email addresses.

Thanked by 1jar

@ramesh_vish said:
    @jarland Quick qn.. Is there a possibility to add buy storage?

I like that MXroute has an overall space allocation where I can allocate to each user (unlike a fixed common number for each user whether or not they need that space). However, if the overall storage exceeds 40 GB, is there a way to pay for more storage?

We can always work something out via ticket. I'm always fair. There does reach a point, however, where we'd need to start talking about more dedicated resources. I'm generally not prepared for a single customer of exceptionally high volume of storage.

• @jarland Do you allow sending "promotional" emails?

@momin90909 said:
    @jarland Do you allow sending "promotional" emails?

Double opt-in only.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I do not use it myself but I often refer it to my hosting clients to use it so that their emails reach out to their audience & they can have an unaffected email inbox.

Thanked by 1jar
  • cpsdcpsd Member

@jarland said:

@momin90909 said:
    @jarland Do you allow sending "promotional" emails?

Double opt-in only.

Excuse me, what do you mean?
    I am using both webhosting smtp server and mailchimp to send emails/newsletters (~700 subscribers) and I am looking to improve our ways of communications now we have a new CRM based on sugarcrm.
    Thanks!

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited April 2017

Pretty new to mxroute but simply couldn't resist @jarland's offer. I don't need the space, but unlimited domains and email accounts? Heck yes! Used gmail before (still do for some of my email addresses), however some of my forum email notifications and website email confirmations are getting pretty high so why not giving mxroute a try considering the load of positive feedbacks.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Someone said:
    Did I mention they offer stuff like helping with configuration and similar free of charge? (If reasonable...)
    You are not just #5272842 talking to BigAssEnterprises, but instead its a talk at eye level. Something I highly enjoy.

Man stop it, I don't want something that works and talking to me like a human is a bad thing. Makes me think I know something or I am worth something.

Thanked by 3jar [Deleted User] WSS
    edited April 2017

Appreciate all the kind words, friends. I can't speak as highly of it as you all do. To me MXroute is a never-ending project, it's never complete and it's never good enough. I have so many images in my head of what it should be. If it keeps growing like it is, it won't matter if I can turn all of that vision into reality. It'll be able to fund the team of people necessary to run with the vision.

Honestly, if I had known MXroute would grow this fast organically with minimal effort on marketing, I probably would have went after investments to compile a dev team.

It's become the go-to email service for people who are tired of DreamHost's poor email quality (seems to be the only thing they don't do well). It's on track to double it's income this year from last year. I can't thank you all enough.

I'll keep trying to make you all proud :)

<3

• @jarland said:
    Appreciate all the kind words, friends. I can't speak as highly of it as you all do. To me MXroute is a never-ending project, it's never complete and it's never good enough. I have so many images in my head of what it should be. If it keeps growing like it is, it won't matter if I can turn all of that vision into reality. It'll be able to fund the team of people necessary to run with the vision.

Honestly, if I had known MXroute would grow this fast organically with minimal effort on marketing, I probably would have went after investments to compile a dev team.

It's become the go-to email service for people who are tired of DreamHost's poor email quality (seems to be the only thing they don't do well). It's on track to double it's income this year from last year. I can't thank you all enough.

I'll keep trying to make you all proud :)

<3

Sent you a PM regarding MXroute.

But I like the cheap concept and the website is simple and beautiful, love the colors.

Thanked by 1PepeSilvia
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I just found an old link for the $10/year Black Friday London plan. I bought two!

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • When I was using MXRoute (2015-2017) I was nothing but happy about it. Worked like it should. My expectations were quite low in the beginning, but when I signed up I was wrong, the service was awesome and @Jarland is a nice guy to work with if you have any problems.

10/10 would signup again if I had the money for it. Currently using Zoho free one, but I'm not really happy with it.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I never seen a bad review about MxRoute anywhere

Thanked by 1jar
  • lurchlurch Member

Don't use them stay away because....you will like their service so much it hurts! I've switched a lot of email accounts to mxroute and I can't fault them. Top service indeed.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Why not mxroute 2.0? Put up a dev team and do your thing

Thanked by 1jar
  • JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

@jcaleb said:
    Why not mxroute 2.0? Put up a dev team and do your thing

So long as it doesn't turn in to SolusVM 2.0 :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • telephonetelephone Member
    edited April 2017

We all know what @jarland does at night with MXroute:

Just kidding. I share the same opinion of everyone else here and think he runs a great service.

Now if only @jarland got really drunk and offered a $5/yr plan :).

Thanked by 2netomx jar
  • telephone said: Now if only @jarland got really drunk and offered a $5/yr plan :).

Would be great! Get drunk please, would signup instantly.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BlazeMuis said:

telephone said: Now if only @jarland got really drunk and offered a $5/yr plan :).

Really, gents? $10/year isn't cheap enough for a fully managed mail service, from someone who you actually trust to treat your mail properly?

I think you need to give your heads a bit of a wobble.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

telephone said: Now if only @jarland got really drunk and offered a $5/yr plan :).

Well, he did once, for Black Friday 2015. I signed up for that plan at that time, but then gave it up a year later, largely because I wanted to suffer through have the experience of running my own mail server. I have a mild regret about this (it was a steal for $5/yr!), even if I've learned a lot by trying to run my own mail server ...

• quickquick Member

@Nekki said:

@BlazeMuis said:

Really, gents? $10/year isn't cheap enough for a fully managed mail service, from someone who you actually trust to treat your mail properly?

can you share the link?

• @quick said:

@Nekki said:

@BlazeMuis said:

can you share the link?

Don't know if it is London but here is 15GB for 10$/y:
    https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=46

Thanked by 1quick
This discussion has been closed.