Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net ! - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net !

Comments

• @mikho said:
    Are you all waiting for Black Friday?

yes... but i am much wiser now, lets see what makes me crazy again.

• chris_cchris_c Member
    edited October 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    My best guess, the ghost VM's running on i83 were due to them doing a shit job of migration and fucking up the vserverid's when they just moved a load of people to new locations without any notice, everything about them has shown they are complete amateurs, why anyone still willingly gives them money is beyond me.

@quadhost @i83 should outsource tech support, if they can't do the admin work without causing servers to go down for hours and days,

• @ehab said:

@mikho said:
    Are you all waiting for Black Friday?

yes... but i am much wiser now, lets see what makes me crazy again.

Like everyone else, you just got swept away in all the insanity, because who has time to check up on providers when there are just 5 $5/year KVMs left?

• @Nekki said:

you made them extra fun :) I hope you didn't grow too old for next round! make sure to take one day vacation from everything. We need you in good shape and can stand behind anything this time.

• @quadhost @i83
    I'm not able to access the server over IP6.
    Over ip4 is working OK.
    But IP6 fails, incoming, and outgoing.
    Example:
    $ ping6 yahoo.com
    it hangs forever....

Yet on another server with ip6, this ping6 test is working fine.

Same problem when I try to access any service on the server from the outside.
    All requests hangs forever.

Have rebooted server. Same problem persists.

Why is it failing to pass thru the ipv6 packets.

• Try to do a 'reconfigure network' under SolusVM.

• @wss It looks like quadhost is using virtualizor not solusvm. I'm not seeing an option like "reconfigure network". Anyone familiar with virtualizor have any idea here on this?

• @chris_c said:
    @quadhost @i83
    I'm not able to access the server over IP6.

LET is not a support desk.

Over ip4 is working OK.
    But IP6 fails, incoming, and outgoing.

Your ticket with us has already been answered - no filtering is being done on our side and IPv6 is operational with no other reports of issues.

• @chris_c said:
    @wss It looks like quadhost is using virtualizor not solusvm. I'm not seeing an option like "reconfigure network". Anyone familiar with virtualizor have any idea here on this?

It's been so long since I ever deployed anything that worked that I'd completely forgotten!

Guess you're right stuffed.

• i83i83 Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:
    I'll give it a look.

Did you manage to get the ticket ID's you mentioned in the other thread you were looking for?

• @i83 said:

@WSS said:
    I'll give it a look.

Did you manage to get the ticket ID's you mentioned in the other thread you were looking for?

Actually, No. I gave up trying to remember my password, because I've since moved on.

• chris_cchris_c Member
    edited December 2017

Any suggestions how to fix this:

Even with firewall OFF, the same issue, there's no IPv6 connectivity on my quadhost vps.

Here is the output, from my quadhost vps, with firewall OFF:

# service ip6tables status

● ip6tables.service

Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)

Active: inactive (dead)

# service iptables status

● iptables.service

Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)

Active: inactive (dead)

ping6 yahoo.com

PING yahoo.com(media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.gq1.yahoo.com) 56 data bytes

^C

--- yahoo.com ping statistics ---

169 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 168030ms

From my NON-quadhost vps with ipv6:

ping6 yahoo.com PING yahoo.com(media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com) 56 data bytes 64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=25.9 ms 64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 time=26.0 ms 64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=3 ttl=53 time=26.1 ms 64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=4 ttl=53 time=25.6 ms 64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=5 ttl=53 time=27.1 ms ^C --- yahoo.com ping statistics --- 5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 4019ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 25.650/26.216/27.189/0.517 ms

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ping the ip6 gateway, do an mtr/trace to get the host node ip6 address and ping that, should give you some hints as to where the problem is.

Thanked by 1i83
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

chris_c said: From my NON-quadhost vps with ipv6:

ping6 yahoo.com

PING yahoo.com(media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com) 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=1 ttl=53 time=25.9 ms
    64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=2 ttl=53 time=26.0 ms
    64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=3 ttl=53 time=26.1 ms
    64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=4 ttl=53 time=25.6 ms
    64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=5 ttl=53 time=27.1 ms
    ^C
    --- yahoo.com ping statistics ---
    5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 4019ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 25.650/26.216/27.189/0.517 ms

With all honesty, I completely don't understand how is that relevant to the question at hand.

Or why you respond to this thread asking for support for that matter.

Thanked by 1i83

Clouvider said: With all honesty, I completely don't understand how is that relevant to the question at hand.

Because it proves that IPv6 is now down WORLDWIDE haha

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @AnthonySmith said:

Clouvider said: With all honesty, I completely don't understand how is that relevant to the question at hand.

Because it proves that IPv6 is now down WORLDWIDE haha

I bet CC has such a smug look on their face right now..

Thanked by 1i83
    edited December 2017

@chris_c the most simple and fastest way to resolve this/get resolution.

Make sure you have allocated at least 1 IPv6 address from your assigned range or if you are only being allocated individual IP's then thats all you need to worry about.

Click reinstall, use a host provided template.

before doing anything else, no update no nothing, as soon as you login, run ifconfig make sure IPv6 is configured.

Then ping ipv6.google.com if that fails then do an mtr to ipv6.google.com and open a ticket with the host, at this point assuming it is OpenVZ there is absolutely nothing within your control, you cannot fix this yourself.

If however, you can ping fine from a fresh install, it's not the hosts issue to fix, you are the cause of the problem.

If it is KVM then the same steps apply except you 'could' do a little bit more troubleshooting yourself

Thanked by 1i83
  • i83i83 Member
    edited December 2017

chris_c said: Any suggestions how to fix this:

Even with firewall OFF, the same issue, there's no IPv6 connectivity on my quadhost vps.

. * i-83.net VPS.

As per the support ticket response there are no issues with IPv6 in North Carolina at this time.

Please follow the advice given in the ticket for how to check the issue within your unmanaged VPS and we can diagnose further pending completion of the suggestions.

LET is not our support desk, I do not know why you are mirroring the responses in the ticket to here.

EDIT - Your subnet now appears to be responding to ping6 from our LookingGlass.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@chris_c Which node are you on? I just deployed an instance on nc10-us and do not have any issues with IPv6:

[root@test ~]# ping6 yahoo.com
    PING yahoo.com(media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com) 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=55.3 ms
    64 bytes from media-router-fp1.prod.media.vip.ne1.yahoo.com: icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=55.2 ms

Looks a little different for IPv4 though...

[root@test ~]# ping google.com
    PING google.com (172.217.4.14) 56(84) bytes of data.
    ^C
    --- google.com ping statistics ---
    4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 3429ms

• brueggus said: Looks a little different for IPv4 though...

Can you open up a ticket so one of the team can take a further look please ?

• I have more then 15vps from quadranet and they are good !

@i83 said:

brueggus said: Looks a little different for IPv4 though...

Done.

• @i83 said:

@WSS said:
    I'll give it a look.

Just for shits, I logged in, and I can't find an associated ticket- the closest I can find is asking how long it'd take for my bundle to be provisioned. I still have my screenshot showing the bizarre return codes from the various nodes which pretty much said "You can't set one up here" due to them only having KVM openings, or out of IPs, etc- but I can't find a ticket, which is strange, because I know I used that screenshot in it.

• i83i83 Member
    edited December 2017

@brueggus said:

Done.

Thanks.

@WSS said:

Just for shits, I logged in, and I can't find an associated ticket

Strange, as tickets are not deleted.

I still have my screenshot showing the bizarre return codes from the various nodes which pretty much said "You can't set one up here" due to them only having KVM openings, or out of IPs, etc- but I can't find a ticket, which is strange, because I know I used that screenshot in it.

Can you open a new ticket with the screenshot so we can check over the issue and confirm its resolved?

• @i83 said:

@WSS said:

Just for shits, I logged in, and I can't find an associated ticket

Strange, as tickets are not deleted.

I'm not insinuating that you did. I wonder if we did this over chat or something else.

I still have my screenshot showing the bizarre return codes from the various nodes which pretty much said "You can't set one up here" due to them only having KVM openings, or out of IPs, etc- but I can't find a ticket, which is strange, because I know I used that screenshot in it.

Can you open a new ticket with the screenshot so we can check over the issue and confirm its resolved?

I suppose I can, but services are to be expired in a few days anyhow. I'm not shitting all over you, but I am still a bit annoyed that you went MIA for 6+ months. Don't do that. :)

• WSS said: I suppose I can.

Greatly appreciated.

WSS said: Don't do that. :)

We're back on LET, thats for sure. Staff changes as @quadhost explained after thing's didn't pan out as previously planned with certain members of the team.

• i83 said: Staff changes as @quadhost explained after thing's didn't pan out as previously planned with certain members of the team.

Is @Wych still involved?

• i83i83 Member
    edited December 2017

@Nekki said:
    Is @Wych still involved?

Yes, as per Companies House he is the registered director.

• i83 said: Yes.

Good to hear, always liked him, nice guy.

Thanked by 1i83

@brueggus said:

@i83 said:

brueggus said: Looks a little different for IPv4 though...

Done.

Aaand it's resolved. Thanks!

Thanked by 1i83
This discussion has been closed.