Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net ! - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net !

Comments

• chris_cchris_c Member
    edited August 2017

Quadhost/i-83 disk space issue is now fixed for this nat storage vps. Thanks @quadhost @i83
    quadhost disk space issue fixed

Thanked by 1willie
  • Paging @quadhost @i83
    Help.
    My VPS is offline.
    The NC7-us server has been down for 3 days, see statuscake page.
    http://statuscake.quadhost.net/
    I assume this NC7-us server is the one my VPS is running on.
    Obviously, the option to "Start server" and "Reboot server" are having no effect, they give a 404 error.

• WSSWSS Member

Good fucking luck.

• @WSS
    Quadhost status page says, on 29 Sept, the ip4 for this NC7-us node was null routed by upstream due to DoS attack, IP will be enabled by upstream after attack stops. However, my VPS is not responding, appears to be inaccessible, on the IPv6 address also.
    https://quadhost.net/account/serverstatus.php

• I agree with OP. I had a NAT VPS and out of courtesy, I upgraded my plan and I haven't been a happy camper ever since. No disk storage on machine for you allocated disk, VM goes does without notice and no response or acknowledgement of the issue. I would stay away from it for all future purchases.

• WSSWSS Member

@chris_c they haven't been active here for at least several months. In fact, I've given up on keeping services with them, so I cancelled early. Good fucking luck.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

If you need to move, I have available storage in Lenoir, NC.

• @i83 @quadhost posted an update today on https://quadhost.net/account/serverstatus.php :

"Hypervisor Unresponsive (In Progress)

Priority - Critical
    Affecting System - nc7-us

nc7-us is unresponsive on public network and IPMI, local NoC are investigating.

Updates to be provided as soon as possible.
    Date - 01/10/2017 09:54
    Last Updated - 01/10/2017 09:57"

This is good news, the server should come back online, under the duty of the NoC.

• @mikho Price match 250 GB/512MB/1 CPU $23/yr ?

@chris_c said:
    @mikho Price match 250 GB/512MB/1 CPU $23/yr ?

Yikes!
    Do you want me to go out of business??? That must have been a special??

My original price is $48/year but I can make an offer at $30/yearly with those specs.

I only ask that you also sign up for my other locations using the 3for2 offer I have enabled.
    Not needed for the above price but appreciated.

• @mikho said:

@chris_c said:
    @mikho Price match 250 GB/512MB/1 CPU $23/yr ?

Yikes!
    Do you want me to go out of business??? That must have been a special??

One of the Black Friday 2016 deals from memory.

• In case anyone here is wondering, quadhost node NC7-us, and all other quadhost nodes, are up now.

http://statuscake.quadhost.net/

Unusual that quadhost didn't reply to my tech support ticket on their site to say this.

• WSSWSS Member

@chris_c said:
    Unusual that quadhost didn't reply to my tech support ticket on their site to say this.

..because it's 2015 again?

• ndlong75ndlong75 Member
    edited October 2017

@quadhost @i83
    I opened a ticket(#295646) 03 days ago about the NAT storage issue (unexpectedly decreased from 250 GB to 100GB) but no response. I don't know what to do now !!

• cinwiecinwie Member
    edited October 2017

@quadhost @i83
    why u dont replay my ticket? (30/09/2017 (06:02) ),
    are u bankrupt?
    my vps is down and now you're asking me to pay my other vps...

• Canceled my remaining Services (1x nat vps and 1x nat bundle) as I dont need them anymore. (For me) it was good while it lasted though. Speaking for what it's worth.

• edited October 2017

My storage VPS in their London location has also decreased from 250GB to 100GB of disk - I've opened a ticket although am not expecting a response, and so I will most likely be cancelling when it comes to renewal.

• WSSWSS Member

@Ympker said:
    Canceled my remaining Services (1x nat vps and 1x nat bundle) as I dont need them anymore. (For me) it was good while it lasted though. Speaking for what it's worth.

They'll probably just keep running. I have a NAT resource package that only had one possible host to run on (and I didn't need it there), so I cancelled. Service is still sitting there, waiting for me to spin it up. No wonder there's never any slots open.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

WSS said: I have a NAT resource package that only had one possible host to run on

Did it even work for you at all? I have quite a few locations to choose from in Virtualizor, but any VPS I deploy does not boot because "There was an error setting the CPU units". At first it was possible to contact them via Ticket so they could fix those VMs, but as they became unresponsive, the package became quite useless.

Oh, and ldn-11 went down this morning at 3am.

• WSSWSS Member

@breuggus Nope! Never did. I had one possible place to run it, and I didn't need it there. I couldn't get it to spin up, but I don't remember what the problem was. Given the price, I just wrote it off because this was the last time QH/i83 magically went missing.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @ndlong75 said:
    @quadhost @i83
    I opened a ticket(#295646) 03 days ago about the NAT storage issue (unexpectedly decreased from 250 GB to 100GB) but no response. I don't know what to do now !!

oh yeah, they over sale the storage: Yesterday i remove a part of my data on the NAT-storage from 100GB to 65GB with hope of having a few GB free. But the VPS immediately shows that I reach 100% of the disk usage (100%= 65 GB)

==> they over sale the storage. and of course they did not answer the ticket opened since 29/09. it is time to say good bye (next vps due date is March 2018)

• @brueggus said:

WSS said: I have a NAT resource package that only had one possible host to run on

Did it even work for you at all? I have quite a few locations to choose from in Virtualizor, but any VPS I deploy does not boot because "There was an error setting the CPU units". At first it was possible to contact them via Ticket so they could fix those VMs, but as they became unresponsive, the package became quite useless.

Oh, and ldn-11 went down this morning at 3am.

I had 6 nat vps from my nat bundle which were running in 6 locations as a vpn Worked almost flawless after setup. Thus, good while it lasted.

• WSSWSS Member

@Ympker Much like everyone else in this thread- what else can you say?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @WSS said:
    @Ympker Much like everyone else in this thread- what else can you say?

Support was close to non existent :/

• WSSWSS Member

They can't all be DbD..

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • I've got two VPS with them. They both work as advertised. I'm not sure if I should jump up and down or not.

• WSSWSS Member

If you shut it down, it seems that they may keep running. So, just don't renew?

• @ndlong75 said:

@ndlong75 said:
    @quadhost @i83

oh yeah, they over sale the storage: Yesterday i remove a part of my data on the NAT-storage from 100GB to 65GB with hope of having a few GB free. But the VPS immediately shows that I reach 100% of the disk usage (100%= 65 GB)

==> they over sale the storage. and of course they did not answer the ticket opened since 29/09. it is time to say good bye (next vps due date is March 2018)

==> ok now the NAT-storage size is restored to correct value of 250 GB.

Are you all waiting for Black Friday?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

My best guess, the ghost VM's running on i83 were due to them doing a shit job of migration and fucking up the vserverid's when they just moved a load of people to new locations without any notice, everything about them has shown they are complete amateurs, why anyone still willingly gives them money is beyond me.

This discussion has been closed.