Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net ! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from QuadHost.net and i-83.net !

14567810»

Comments

• I had to cancell 3 NAT and one SG vps due to lack of support from "you know who", they just didn't care much for "down node", ticket sitting there for days, I'm just glad I'm out.

• i83i83 Member
    edited December 2017

@Nekki said:
    Good to hear, always liked him, nice guy.

Will pass on your kind words.

@brueggus said:

Aaand it's resolved. Thanks!

Glad to hear!

tenpera said: I had to cancell 3 NAT and one SG vps due to lack of support

Our team clearly do care if nodes are down or there are issues (see above).

SG has no recent outages unless your in CN (down to the Gov Firewall blocking NAT IP's which is beyond our reasonable control and would cause issues in renumbering for the non CN based customers - its a game of cat and mouse with the GFW).

If you have a ticket number to PM me then I'd be happy to take a look and see how the issue was handled or what the problem was at that time.

The OP of this thread claims its a QuadHost VPS that is down when it was a i-83.net NAT VPS for example. To confirm - unmanaged QuadHost services have a SLA in place as per website, fully managed QuadHost services (available on request) have a custom SLA as per discussion during sales stage. Unmanaged i-83.net NAT packages are provided on a best effort basis with support for outages/hardware issues being provided.

tenpera said: ticket sitting there for days,

There is a backlog of historical tickets that are being cleared from the reasons mentioned above.

• Just lies, deceptions...no more headaches, happy new year!

• @brueggus I'm on NC-7.

@i83
    I made no change inside the vps, yet after several hours, this ipv6 issue is resolved, my ipv6 packets are getting thru now, thanks. Could you please share the details, what did you do to fix it?

• i83i83 Member
    edited December 2017

@chris_c said:
    @brueggus I'm on NC-7.

@i83
    I made no change inside the vps, yet after several hours, this ipv6 issue is resolved, my ipv6 packets are getting thru now, thanks. Could you please share the details, what did you do to fix it?

Nothing was done on our side as confirmed in your support ticket.

Again, LET is not our support desk.

• ldn11-uk seems to have been down for days. Keep getting "operation could not be completed". Filed ticket, no response.

• Update Jan 2018

No response to tickets or emails. Filed a PayPal dispute couple of weeks ago. Again, no response. Escalated to PayPal claim yesterday.

• hxufhxuf Member
    edited January 2018

@Lemming said:
    ldn11-uk seems to have been down for days. Keep getting "operation could not be completed". Filed ticket, no response.

the same tai2-sg

• same here with tai2-sg and no response at all. Will wait for another 24 hours

• @i83
    When will you update the CentoOS 6 host kernel 2.6.32-042stab113.11 (running on my OPENVZ VM in North Carolina US) to the SECURED kernel version containing the patch against Meltdown and Spectre ? Details:
    https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2018-January/022701.html

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@chris_c said:
    @i83
    When will you update the CentoOS 6 host kernel 2.6.32-042stab113.11 (running on my OPENVZ VM in North Carolina US) to the SECURED kernel version containing the patch against Meltdown and Spectre ? Details:
    https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2018-January/022701.html

When will you stop bumping this thread and start contacting the support ? It starts to be annoying.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Clouvider said: When will you stop bumping this thread and start contacting the support ? It starts to be annoying.

Don't know about now but qh/i83 had a long period in which support requests went unanswered. If that is happening again, posting about it is informative to other board participants, so a good thing.

Thanked by 1chris_c
  • WSSWSS Member

As annoying as it is, they seem to have a 6+ month slump, then come back for a couple weeks to "tour". It's like a washed up rock band.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Thanks to all that posted about the issues, was going for a plan but will surely stay away!

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2018

@WSS said:
    As annoying as it is, they seem to have a 6+ month slump, then come back for a couple weeks to "tour". It's like a washed up rock band.

Agreed. But discussing Meltdown here, c’mon...

• i83i83 Member

No broad issue with ldn11, likely issues above are specific instances that have been flagged for abuse or other issues.

tai2 has a open status incident on page on our site.

Spectre & Meltdown are patched as per maintenance notices sent over weekend.

• Paid annual (LET-XMAS16-4G package), my VM is still being suspended until now.
    Open support ticket from Jan 4, 2018 and got no response at all.
    Proceeding to paypal dispute.

Better stay away from QuadHost.

• Update:
    mine just got unsuspended

• @i83 @quadhost
    Trying to reach you here because your support page is timing out for hours now.
    https://quadhost.net/account/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=3
    "Problem loading page. The connection has timed out."
    QUESTION:
    Why is the IP6-only VPS losing its IP6 address every time it reboots??
    I have to run a script to re-add the IP6 address to the interface every time it boots.
    The VPS should automatically have this IP6 address (and all IP6 addresses set in the vps control panel) assigned to the interface without my having to run commands to manually assign the IP6 address, shouldn't it?!

• i83i83 Member
    edited July 2018

@chris_c said:
    Trying to reach you here because your support page is timing out for hours now.

Unable to replicate from multiple connections. If you are still encountering issues with the site then you can directly e-mail support [@] from your registered account e-mail to open a ticket.

QUESTION:
    Why is the IP6-only VPS losing its IP6 address every time it reboots??

Likely down to end usage, configuration or setup within the unmanaged VPS. Open a ticket with our team, LET is not our support desk as previously advised.

This discussion has been closed.