Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NorthHosts - Fails to return hardware... or emails - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NorthHosts - Fails to return hardware... or emails

Comments

• Just doodle your noodle and ya'll be fine.

• WSSWSS Member

It's a redirect with the URL equal to '#'

• @Nekki said:

@brueggus said:

ricardo said: It's not illegal.

This probably depends on the local jurisdiction. In Germany it would be illegal as this is a renewing contract. If party A would want to change any element of the contract, it has to inform party B in advance, which would have to agree. If B doesn't, A would still have the option to cancel the contract. I don't know if it's the same in Britain.

Surely that fact that you receive an invoice in advance constitutes being informed of the change, and your decision to pay/not pay constitutes agreement/declination?

It's not like they're increasing prices and asking for more money mid-term (unless I missed something).

Would still be illegal in Germany, generally a price increase of over 20% would mean that the provider has to cancel your plan to the end of the billing cycle.
    If the provider does not cancel your plan, the provider can be held accountable.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

tr1cky said: Would still be illegal in Germany, generally a price increase of over 20% would mean that the provider has to cancel your plan to the end of the billing cycle. If the provider does not cancel your plan, the provider can be held accountable.

FFS, what a time to be alive.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

tr1cky said: Would still be illegal in Germany, generally a price increase of over 20% would mean that the provider has to cancel your plan to the end of the billing cycle. If the provider does not cancel your plan, the provider can be held accountable.

But if the plan is month to month, no long term contract exists, essentially you could be on new terms every month, I understand that if you paid for a year and the host put up prices by over 20% before the end of the term that would apply, but on a month to month neither the seller or the buyer would be contractually bound to continue any terms beyond that period if they chose not to continue?

Unless Germany has some sort of implied contract law that calls on reasonable expectations of continuance without specific terms, which in the EU, would be bizarre.

brexit

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2017

LowEndLawyers

Everything is illegal somewhere. That's why you've never met a company registered as a legal entity in every country.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

jarland said: LowEndLawyers

Everything is illegal somewhere. That's why you've never met a company registered as a legal entity in every country.

Well, at some stage in their life a lot of people have to get involved in contract law especially when running a business for a long time, selling houses, taking services etc, contract law is fairly complex but there are a lot of universal basics, 1 of them being the term, seems odd that it would be different in Germany being that the EU unifies so much.

Thanked by 1jar
  • We havent changed any prices mid term, they are the same until the end of the term. If somebody begrudges paying £4.00 per year more for their vps at renewal date they are not obliged to stay with us. We also wouldnt auto bill any clients like that either.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

northhosts said: If somebody begrudges paying £4.00 per year more for their vps at renewal date they are not obliged to stay with us.

TBF I think it's the more the massive price increase on the dedicated servers that's surprising.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • J1021J1021 Member

Nekki said: TBF I think it's the more the massive price increase on the dedicated servers that's surprising.

But the price of power has risen 166% was grossly miscalculated.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • Yeah we did apologise in the individual cases and it didn't affect many. We made a mistake I hold my hands up, if anyone is still really pissed with me, maybe we could meet up and I'll buy you a pie.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

northhosts said: Yeah we did apologise in the individual cases and it didn't affect many. We made a mistake I hold my hands up, if anyone is still really pissed with me, maybe we could meet up and I'll buy you a pie.

What sort of pie?

• Meat and potato mate, they taste OK though.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

northhosts said: Meat and potato mate, they taste OK though.

Ehhh...

• BopieBopie Member

@Nekki said:

Ehhh...

Its not that bad to be honest ;)

• @Bopie said:

@Nekki said:

Ehhh...

Any pie that isn't pie flavoured is bad.

• BopieBopie Member

@DrFallen said:

@Bopie said:

@Nekki said:

Ehhh...

Any pie that isn't pie flavoured is bad.

I don't know whether you are being serious, a pie is a pie, Apple, Steak and kidney, Meat and potato its all the same, I don't eat much pie though but you will find me in KFC all day long cus im a fat cunt

• WSSWSS Member

• NekkiNekki Veteran

DrFallen said: Any pie that isn't pie flavoured is bad.

What sort of flavour is 'pie' flavour? Pastry?

• Thats a pie

• BopieBopie Member

@WSS said:

Fuck internet, im officially done for the night and am off to london ahaha

• @Nekki said:

DrFallen said: Any pie that isn't pie flavoured is bad.

What sort of flavour is 'pie' flavour? Pastry?

It's whatever flavour you want it to be.

• @WSS said:

I love you for getting the reference.

• WSSWSS Member

Not sure if it took longer to find a gif or look up YouTube cuts, but yeah- we cool.

*fistbump*

Thanked by 1DrFallen
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Wow, that's a host I would never get a service from. Such a bad PR, and I knew GVH

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @netomx said:
    Wow, that's a host I would never get a service from. Such a bad PR, and I knew GVH

I'll have you know at least they didn't waste 3 ips per person.

Thanked by 2netomx Bopie