Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NorthHosts - Fails to return hardware... or emails - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NorthHosts - Fails to return hardware... or emails

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

AnthonySmith said: This entire thread is just a sad indication on where the line is now between expectations and reality.

Somewhat, however let's be honest here, this is more than unsustainable offers. Although I would never buy them it does not change the fact you offer it, so honour it. Just makes the provider look a dick and it seems he is.

Says a notification was sent out, nobody has received one.
    Promises to return hardware, blames someone else.
    Price hikes within months.

If it's that unsustainable don't offer it and don't offer it knowing you will rather quickly jike up the price without notification.

• this is the same host who had posted offers on ebay so you had warnings a long time ago

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

Everyone charge back if there was no notice, even if you don't care about the amount, the general principal should be enough.

I still don't think in 2017 anyone should be falling for this sort of crap to begin with though.

Based on the location it would not supprise me in the slightest to find out this was another Tom Glass special.

• AnthonySmith said: I feel for your situation however I think I can sum this up in 1 picture.

Sold. When can I pick it up?

You've hit the nail on the head right there haha

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, If I saw something like 7.49GBP which is arround 8.88EUR, the first time.

I Would say? Scam?

But since we saw offers even for LESS then that for Dedicated Servers, it was most likely that isn't a SCAM.

He sold only 5! of them in a Promotion, he is not selling like 50 of them.

He goes on LET, makes a DEAL, and like a politician who accepted money, few months later, we gonna do price increase.

So when you do Offers and run a Business, you want to stay profitable, so you calculate everything into it. And he comes and tells us "We changed our Power Contract, so we got a Increase in Power costs".

And I was like wait.... 166% more Power costs? Dude so you sold them before with a loss. Why does he even make offers with that Price with a loss?

Thanked by 1Yura
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

What are the specs of these dedicated servers? I can't seem to find them.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

They were specials on Discord and LET. Talking atoms etc

• WSSWSS Member

@hawc said:

Talking Atoms sounds like a much better use of CPU than Discord.

Thanked by 3AuroraZ switsys netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@AlexBarakov said:
    What are the specs of these dedicated servers? I can't seem to find them.

Mine was:

Xeon 3065 @ 2.33Ghz

2GB RAM

500GB HDD

For £7.50/month. Was advertised as a highly limited loss-leader and I'd had stuff with NorthHosts before that was reasonable so thought it was worth a punt.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@hawc said:

I wouldn't mind a talking Atom, that would be cool.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BopieBopie Member

I can't say my experience with north hosts has been anything like you mentioned, John has even gone out of his way at nearly midnight to get out of bed and go to the DC to fix an issue for me on one of my servers .....

He is very busy and I understand that I will say that he is not the quickest when it comes to non-critical things which I don't expect them to be but this just sounds like poor communication etc, My personal experience has been great and I know that everyone here is going to read this and hate NH however just think if the only reason you are mad is because of the price hike then obviously the product was good and is that not what we are all really here for, A good product that works ?

• Well, Didnt this turn into a huge thread for nothing?

Let me get a few facts straight first.

We did put prices up on the low end servers we sold out, bad calculation on my behalf at the time and increased costs in electricity costs made them no longer viable, I offered people a free month to help as well and appologised.

The vps we changed the offer to £7 per half year and £14 per year - whether you renew or not is up to you, its not offered as a recurring price and you get the service for the amount of time you have paid for it for the price you paid.

Now moving on to Harry, Im not going to lie to you, I got rather pissed when you started spreading rubbish on IRC when we hadnt posted the drives back to you after 2 days, bear in mind if Id have been any more flexible over the past 4 months with you I would have literally bent myself in half. Swapping god knows how many servers around, driving to hardware stores to pick up hard drives for you - you name it.

I personally took responsibility of posting the drives to you, however ive moved house over the last week or so and ill appologise that It hasnt been done because it should have, And ill make sure its done as a matter of importance. I wont however succomb to this absolute nonsense that we are bad people because we arent.

The server price hikes affected literally a handful of people and they where losing us quite a bit of money, they also attracted alot more support than justified for the price. So ill take that on the chin and use it as a learning curve.

Thanks for the free publicity.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

@Bopie said:
    I can't say my experience with north hosts has been anything like you mentioned, John has even gone out of his way at nearly midnight to get out of bed and go to the DC to fix an issue for me on one of my servers .....

He is very busy and I understand that I will say that he is not the quickest when it comes to non-critical things which I don't expect them to be but this just sounds like poor communication etc, My personal experience has been great and I know that everyone here is going to read this and hate NH however just think if the only reason you are mad is because of the price hike then obviously the product was good and is that not what we are all really here for, A good product that works ?

It's definitely not just poor communication he completely ignored @hawc and then left the LET discord to avoid him.

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed

If someone says "I cocked up, it'll be a little longer" that's fine.. but just not responding at all, that takes the biscuit.

• Not responding to what Harry?? - I left discord because it was eating up my time and stopped me being productive. Werent you involved in me racking Mags servers for free Jack and me pissing about for 2 days FREE OF CHARGE? just before you decide to have the nerve of putting your 2 pence in?

Ill get the drives in the post Tuesday Harry.

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • Lets do a sypnosis on that Crap you just wrote Jack, never replied to me did you? - Harry is having the drives posted back free of charge already, and has had more credits on his account than soft mick. So Jog on.

Drives are being posted back Tuesday and thats that. Any more issues you can take up with me personally.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

northhosts said: and has had more credits on his account than soft mick

Soft mick? That's a term I've never heard before but it's made me laugh uncontrollably.

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:

Soft mick? That's a term I've never heard before but it's made me laugh uncontrollably.

Evidently it's a shoe peddler. I looked it up, myself, with images off.

@northhosts said:
    Not responding to what Harry?? - I left discord because it was eating up my time and stopped me being productive. Werent you involved in me racking Mags servers for free Jack and me pissing about for 2 days FREE OF CHARGE? just before you decide to have the nerve of putting your 2 pence in?

Ill get the drives in the post Tuesday Harry.

Did you not get my emails during this week?

• @Nekki said:

It must be a northern thing Nekki

• Thanked by 1Nekki
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

northhosts said: Im not going to agree with something I think has been blown totally out of proportion, especially the sheer amount of favours Ive done for the discord group and you throw it back in my face, So no thanks ill keep my stance the same.

Discord is a fucking cancer.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

The phrase to have more than Soft Mick means to possess an extravagant quantity of that thing.

If nothing else, we've all learned something new today.

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: If nothing else, we've all learned something new today.

Not grateful for it though.

• WSSWSS Member

I don't have an oar in the water on this, but unless the host who offered to buy and config your setup charged you for time and transport- it was done as a favor.

Not returning the drives after a week, OK, fine- that was an oversight or a just-not-give-a-shit. But with the followup response 3 hours after the 6 hour-later reply was a bit pissy. I would probably have ignored you for a couple days, myself, lest I said something less-than-professional, myself.

If you paid for him to grab the drives, time, et al, well, that's an entirely different story.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

Nekki said: If nothing else, we've all learned something new today.

Not grateful for it though.

That's because you're a miserable old man who hates life and laughter.

Thanked by 2Lee netomx
  • Harry I appologise the drives havent got back to you yet, Ill get them sent tuesday with a tracking number. Jack your totally right he shouldnt have had to wait a week for them and ill send you a bunch of flowers too.

• WSSWSS Member

wait only northenders get free flowers? #SCAM!!!!11!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I use flowers as a virtual gaffer tape

Thanked by 1mikho
  • WSSWSS Member

..go on..