Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lot of Ram-lot of cpu-storage server-Romania-1gbps-10tb traffic/mo-and maybe free dmca! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lot of Ram-lot of cpu-storage server-Romania-1gbps-10tb traffic/mo-and maybe free dmca!

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited March 2017

@WSS said:
    Block and pin systemd. Everything continues to work perfectly fine. Systemd is just another half-baked init replacement, like the rest of them. I just assume that cociu only comes to LET to drunkpost.

But not everyone is as technically savvy as you. (Not to mention that this is not what most people want to do right after installing a Debian template.)

I don't really understand why OpenVZ providers often use all sorts of ad hoc created templates for the main distributions. Given that OpenVZ offers official precreated templates for the main distributions, why not use them? (Unless there's a good technical reason not to use them.)

The fact is that official precreated templates for both Debian 8 and CentOS 7 have been available at openvz.org for at least 1.5 years now ...

• cociucociu Member

angstrom said: angstrom

you can write what you want , you can buy what you want , I can seell what i want , i give my explication and i know i am not confused. We will offer centos 7 in LSC console not in openvz but this will be when we will have time to play with proxmox 4xxx

• @Kevinjoa said:
    @cociu

Which network are the hostsystems on? (as you had different in the past).

Haven't had any answer on this yet @cociu

• cociucociu Member

Kevinjoa said: Haven't had any answer on this yet @cociu

in all this offer for the moment is Magyar Telekom , sorry to not response before but i am verry bussy this days and i connect only for some minutes here and i have not see your comment.

• @cociu said:

Kevinjoa said: Haven't had any answer on this yet @cociu

in all this offer for the moment is Magyar Telekom , sorry to not response before but i am verry bussy this days and i connect only for some minutes here and i have not see your comment.

No problem. I appreciate your answer. :)

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@cociu said:

angstrom said: angstrom

you can write what you want , you can buy what you want , I can seell what i want , i give my explication and i know i am not confused. We will offer centos 7 in LSC console not in openvz but this will be when we will have time to play with proxmox 4xxx

Well, I give up. (Just for the record, no one said that you were confused.)

• Hi @cociu

why my vps 400GB just have 200GB ?

• 1tb and 2tb storage plans now out of stock... raid 10 seemed like it had to be unprofitable. Maybe raid 6 next time?

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2017

willie said: 1tb and 2tb storage plans now out of stock... raid 10 seemed like it had to be unprofitable. Maybe raid 6 next time?

nope we will continue to offer raid 10 , also we will restok all storage plans and we will prepare up to 10tb/vps verry soon but first we need to install all this node wich is not easy.

Thanked by 2willie vimalware
  • cociucociu Member

hawkjohn7 said: Hi @cociu

why my vps 400GB just have 200GB ?

Hello ,

nope this is totaly wrong , please open a tiket and we will take a look.

• @FredQc said:

@willie said:
    Install debian 7, change /etc/apt/source.list mentions of wheezy to jessie, then apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade.

Note debian 9 is getting fairly close to release as well.

Thanks for this. However the correct name is sources.list

I've come across few errors when trying to update the OS, like plymouth can't be upgraded etc...

This is what worked for me and it took at least 45 minutes to complete on the 400gb monster :

nano /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free
    deb http://security.debian.org jessie/updates main contrib non-free

Then apt-get dist-upgrade alone gave me a bunch of errors with plymouth and dependencies, so I have found this...

apt-get dist-upgrade udev plymouth
    apt-get install -f plymouth
    dpkg --configure -a
    apt-get install upgrade-system; upgrade-system

Then I rebooted and all seems correct. The only thing that I worry about is the ancient kernel from 2014.

You did this on Cociu's VPS?
    I'm trying to update but I always end with a non reachable SSH.

• DigitalJosee said: You did this on Cociu's VPS? I'm trying to update but I always end with a non reachable SSH.

That sounds like you need to put in the systemd shim, or stay with systemv init. Try this:

https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#systemd-upgrade-default-init-system

Or if you've already upgraded to jessie and can login through a virtual console or something (from debian irc bot):

install the systemd-shim package (for logind) and remove the systemd-sysv package: aptitude install systemd-shim sysvinit-core systemd-sysv-.

• @cociu said:

willie said: 1tb and 2tb storage plans now out of stock... raid 10 seemed like it had to be unprofitable. Maybe raid 6 next time?

nope we will continue to offer raid 10 , also we will restok all storage plans and we will prepare up to 10tb/vps verry soon but first we need to install all this node wich is not easy.

i am EXCITE.

• mrbbmrbb Member

@cociu I'm your happy customer. already bought the 2G one and can't help to put another 38 eur for another 4G one. Thank you for your service and offer.

• cociu said:

Nice... although I'm perfectly happy with raid 6. With cheap storage I care more about capacity and safety than performance, and raid 6 protects the data even when there are multiple drive failures (depending).

• @cociu Do you have a %10 discount code?

• cociucociu Member

divese said: @cociu Do you have a %10 discount code?

nope

• @cociu eta for 1TB vps back? I'm using one of your vps and it will be expired at the end of march, but I want to upgrade to 1TB vps.

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2017

soitre said: @cociu eta for 1TB vps back? I'm using one of your vps and it will be expired at the end of march, but I want to upgrade to 1TB vps.

in maximum 10 days we will have 1tb , 2 tb , 4 tb , 8 tb and 10 tb option. we install a lot of servers now . Thanks for asking.

• Maybe you can try to install newer kernel and offer Debian 8, Centos 7 and Ubuntu 16.04 lts. That would be really great. :)

• cociucociu Member
    edited March 2017

Kevinjoa said: Maybe you can try to install newer kernel and offer Debian 8, Centos 7 and Ubuntu 16.04 lts. That would be really great. :)

i hope will be the last time when i will respond about debian 8 , centos 7 , ubuntu 16. I will tell the true :

1) i really want to offer all what my clients need but i cannot always.

2) we are 12 persons involucrated in this business and we are full , but verry full due of local clients , so i am still search people to employ more but need to be fisically here because at distance always was wrong decision.

3 ) All our modules wich is involucrate in autoprovisioning vps need to be changed because dont know if you have see i avoid to sell kvm because the modulefactory is a shit module and to avoid users unsatisfeched i prefere not sell so for this i dont offer new template bacuse our old module is not supporting LSC wich is need for new proxmox version .

So i hope with this i am verry transparent and verry clear. Also i can promise when have time we will play/test the new kernel and start offer any iso is supported but meantime if someone want centos 7 , etc etc please do not buy because we will not offer in the near future.

For the moment we have this in our programmed :

1) offer cheap storage

2) get more peerings with more providers.

3) implement ipv6

4) change our webpage (wich will be in 15.04.2017 and the customers will find good surprises there)

5) grow with our network this year with +300 km of fiber

6) the most important have tiketing answers in less 15 min including LET customers.

• any test ip to check my peering / throughput?

• mrbbmrbb Member

@cociu said:
    >
    2) get more peerings with more providers.

Is it possible for you to get fast connection to China(China unicom and China Telecom). So far so good for the two vps I am having. If the direct connection speed can be optimazed, I would like to have more storage with you. Cuz my money are keep telling me to go to your pocket...

• Custom options available?

• @sanvit said:
    Custom options available?

Nope. I'm not sure about IP but this package only sold as its advertise.

• dosaidosai Member

Waiting for this plan to be back,

1tb HDD PLAN

1gb ram
    1tb HDD
    1 core
    10 tb traffic/mo
    1 ipv4
    1 gbps port speed
    price ONLY 4.50 eur/mo
    order here : https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?a=add&pid=271 **

• That's the plan I have. It's great. Fast network speeds and I've used 90%+ of the disk with no issues.

• i am also waiting for 1tb 2tb plan,

• cociu said: in maximum 10 days we will have 1tb , 2 tb , 4 tb , 8 tb and 10 tb option. we install a lot of servers now

any update bro?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

cociu said: Cheap Openvz yearly plans

5 Gb/mo traffic

@cociu Is a typo (GB/TB) for the OpenVZ yearly plans?